Helping a person to be saved ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not to start trouble, but to help a Catholic to be saved...

My D.I.L. Mother is a Catholic as I was... and I believe she must have been brought
up as I was ? Because my D.I.L. feels her Mother is not saved.

When I was a Catholic , I was told not to listen to other religions ! So for 50 some
years that is what I did....... Till our children became saved. And tried to save my
husband and I.
Well, it worked for us.......... But my Daughter I.L. does not know how to speak to her
Mother, since she tried before , and was told to be left alone on this , as I remember I
did the same thing .......

Is there and quick way / kind / comforting way for a daughter to help her Mother
I just remember telling every one leave me alone..
So how do you step into this. The reason I finally listened is because I did not have one of
my children going to church with us back then to learn religion..... it was very different
back then , we had not been told to use a bible. So the times were really different in some
churches ...
I know it is changing, but once you get old you remember old times and forget some
things. the mind kind of slows down ........ I am 82 and this lady is just a couple years
younger then me.... I hope this is all understandable ? Thank You for any help ! :)

Reactions: abbey and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bless you.
This is a toughie...because we know that really "we can't" but God can!

"For me" the most powerful thing is always prayer.
Her heart must be prepared. If it isn't no amount of talking , or saying scripture will change anything. She has to come to the place of wanting to..that comes by your prayer.
Personally ( some don't I know) I believe in prayer cloths. ( Paul, book of Acts) I have often prayed over , and spoken life giving scriptures over, an old cotton handkerchief...especially when someone is sick, or needing some deliverance in an area.. and then I slip the
handkerchief under the sheet, so the person sleeps on it.

Often much more is 'preached' by what and how we live rather than what we speak.
Love, patience , and prayer of faith will bring her through. God loves her even more than you do :)
Bless you.

Reactions: abbey

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not to start trouble, but to help a Catholic to be saved...

My D.I.L. Mother is a Catholic as I was... and I believe she must have been brought
up as I was ? Because my D.I.L. feels her Mother is not saved.

When I was a Catholic , I was told not to listen to other religions ! So for 50 some
years that is what I did....... Till our children became saved. And tried to save my
husband and I.
Well, it worked for us.......... But my Daughter I.L. does not know how to speak to her
Mother, since she tried before , and was told to be left alone on this , as I remember I
did the same thing .......

Is there and quick way / kind / comforting way for a daughter to help her Mother
I just remember telling every one leave me alone..
So how do you step into this. The reason I finally listened is because I did not have one of
my children going to church with us back then to learn religion..... it was very different
back then , we had not been told to use a bible. So the times were really different in some
churches ...
I know it is changing, but once you get old you remember old times and forget some
things. the mind kind of slows down ........ I am 82 and this lady is just a couple years
younger then me.... I hope this is all understandable ? Thank You for any help ! :)
Grams,

It would all depend on your interaction with her. It is God who designs our world and presents us with opportunity. So I would include in your own prayers, the opportunity and direction for you to help. Then be attentive to his calling.

God bless!

Reactions: Truth

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever read the book "Hey God" by Frank Foglio? His family was dyed in the wool Italian Roman catholic. The mother got saved and then her whole family. She would go door to door witnessing Jesus. It's very insightful.

But the Holy Spirit is the best guide. He'll show you how to pray, witness and everything else you need to do as a Christian. You can't just dump the truck on people. Plans of man don't work. Those that came to ask me to church never told me of the love of God or what Jesus had done for me.

I pray God show you how to approach this woman for Jesus. Catholics are prone to be very resistant. I like to point out the first Catholic in the Bible as I call her. And Jesus' reply to her.

As he said these things, a woman in the crowd raised her voice and said to him, "Blessed is the womb that bore you, and the breasts at which you nursed!" But he said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!"
Luke 11:27‭-‬28 ESV

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you all, but I myself remember when some one wanted to talk to me about their church, I was all
ready telling them leave me alone , before they finished talking......... Back in the 40 and 50's is the time I was a
catholic..... and we were told not to listen to other religions , over and over again..........

So , the first few words will have to me meaning full........... because she is just a little younger then I am.

And I would not have done what I did if it were not for my children........ I figured I could go to a church one time.

And that did it........ I got saved.........