Helpmate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I want is what every man

Was created to desire

Your hips do not lie

The telltale signs of new life

Nurtured by your shapely thighs

Your arms and legs are elegant

Yet, strong enough to bear the weight

Of many sons and daughters

Your breasts are swelled to bliss

So a company's thirst is quenched

Your hands and feet are sure

Nimble as woodland creatures

Your tummy is a fertile slope for quiet rest

Your neck is a radiant watchtower

Your eyes are placid glass

Hidden mountain springs

Just before the first trickling

Your nose stands above the din and is still

Your lips are a gateway to unleash

All your prowess upon the enemy

Your ears are tuned to hear

The battle cry to arms

Now I'll take my stand

As long as you are near

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, its like Songs of Solomon!

Proverbs 18:22
King James Version

22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord.

Reactions: Tone

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam's "helpmate" is translated different ways because of the enigmatic meaning and its double intensity.
Various translations...

helper suitable for him
helper fit for him
suitable helper
help meet for him
helper comparable to him
helper corresponding to him
helper as his complement
helper for him like himself
suitable partner for him
help like unto himself
suitable companion to help him
helper who is right for him
helper as his counterpart
companion for him who corresponds to him
helper to bear him company

Genesis 2:18 The LORD God also said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper."

Why all the difficulty in translating this word? That is a long story.
The Hebrew word עֵזֶר pronounced ezer appear twice ezer ezer...in the scripture...I will make an ezer ezer for him. The word appears in Genesis 2:18...and 21 times in the OT but never again as a double word.

Defining the word in regard to help or companion, minimalize the meaning of the word. The word actually means to rescue, to save, to succour, protect, to shield. Then you have the double intensity of the word, affectively doubling the significance and strength. Used in the other 21 scriptures it is related to God's help as in, protection, strengthen, shielding, rescue. The double occurrence multiplies the intensity and places it at a significantly higher level. There are several theories on this...some of these I have heard straight from professors. Some of these interpretations would not be well received on a fundamentalist web forum. But essentially that God made love (as in the emotion) in the form of a woman that had the ability to strengthen man as a shield with her love.

Some of these explanations become incredible because some suggest that all of civilization as we know it, is because man desired to have a woman as his own. And even that, because of women, men had to mature as adults. If men had no desire for women...that they could have remained on the river bank drinking wine and and eating fish...living in a lean-to. Because they loved their women and wanted their women and had children...they had to protect them, they had to make shelters and roads and cities and commerce. That is pretty interesting.

Of course we all know our women have the ability to make us feel ten feet tall and bullet proof. God made man with an ego and a woman can play that like a violin. Again, why the difficulty in translating and understanding this word and its double occurrence???...opinions vary. Some say it is the divine connection of how it is represented in the sculpture ezer-ezer, as it was "God made an ezer-ezer" for Adam and then it is attributed to the woman that is blamed by so many for the fall of man... and so then the curse that God levied on women that goes on to subjugate them as property.

I am open minded to the possibilities but, very confident that no one knows for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that God made love (as in the emotion) in the form of a woman that had the ability to strengthen man as a shield with her love.

That's interesting, because I originally entitled this poem "what I See" and the last line read, "The ultimate weapon".

In other words, the ideal woman I held in my mind was the mechanism for war (or civilization as you put it).

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps Adam's great failure was to shrink back from taking up his God given arms (Woman) and taking the planet...and beyond...

Hebrews 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting, because I originally entitled this poem "what I See" and the last line read, "The ultimate weapon".

In other words, the ideal woman I held in my mind was the mechanism for war (or civilization as you put it).

Not far off at all. Protection of the family...the homes...the cities inspired weapons and armies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps Adam's great failure was to shrink back from taking up his God given arms (Woman) and taking the planet...and beyond...

Hebrews 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Personally, I believe that the thing that got them kicked out of the Paradise of Delights (which is the correct translation of the Garden of Eden) was when Adam blamed God for giving him Eve.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I believe that the thing that got them kicked out of the Paradise of Delights (which is the correct translation of the Garden of Eden) was when Adam blamed God for giving him Eve.

Yeah, the Lord blessed Adam with the means to overcome the enemy, and he didn't see it until it was too late...

...I wonder why he didn't see it...

...I think he needed to know all about stewardship. He thought this creature comparable to him was for himself only.