Hey i'm new and would like a wee bit of advice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Hey guys!I just joined the board recently, but have been reading the forums for a while now. I will admit there are alot of interesting topics and I am encouraged by these. I hope that I can get some assistance with issues I have been struggling with.I used to be a member of a church until i was about 6 or 7. My parents decided to stop going. Ever since, my faith has been waivering. I've never known what to believe and what not to believe. I used to think, which religion is the correct religion.For a past few months now i have been attending my boyfriends' brethren gospel meetings. My parents aren't religious anymore and hate the idea of me going to these meetings or becoming a Christian. My sister is an antichrist and doesn't like or talk to Christians. She doesn't believe that the Bible is the truth and she believes that Christ never existed.But ever since i started going to these meetings, i have become more and more religious. I honestly and truely believe Jesus died for our sins, and rose on the third day. I have also been contemplating getting "saved" and baptised, and following the life our Lord wants us to live.But how do I do this without hurting the feelings of my parents or without having my whole family turn against me? I had also thought about praying and asking God for forgiveness. But I wouldn't even know where to start.Any advice is good advice!ThanksSara

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Sara!!Romans 10: 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.Ephesians 2: 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.The good works can be summarized by two commandments for the christian walk in their relationship of trust with Christ Jesus as their Good Shepherd as well as their Saviour. 1 John 3: 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.Once receiving the Good News with joy, you can lean on Jesus to be patient and loving in sharing God's love for them. Expect persecution, but keep your eyes on Jesus as He will help you walk through that valley of death as He walked just so the people you love and those around you may know Him and the Good News to man.Matthew 10: 17But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 21And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 22And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.... 27What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. 28And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. 30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. 32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. 40He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. 41He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. 42And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.Nice to meetcha, sister!!! :grouphug: :sign:

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Are you willing to risk losing your soul just to avoid hurting someone's feelings or offending someone? That's too big a price to pay. If you get right with the Lord and then live for Him, they will see the difference in you and possibly want to know what happened. That will give you the opportunity to tell them about Jesus changing your life.

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(Sara)
Hey guys!I just joined the board recently, but have been reading the forums for a while now. I will admit there are alot of interesting topics and I am encouraged by these. I hope that I can get some assistance with issues I have been struggling with.I used to be a member of a church until i was about 6 or 7. My parents decided to stop going. Ever since, my faith has been waivering. I've never known what to believe and what not to believe. I used to think, which religion is the correct religion.For a past few months now i have been attending my boyfriends' brethren gospel meetings. My parents aren't religious anymore and hate the idea of me going to these meetings or becoming a Christian. My sister is an antichrist and doesn't like or talk to Christians. She doesn't believe that the Bible is the truth and she believes that Christ never existed.But ever since i started going to these meetings, i have become more and more religious. I honestly and truely believe Jesus died for our sins, and rose on the third day. I have also been contemplating getting "saved" and baptised, and following the life our Lord wants us to live.But how do I do this without hurting the feelings of my parents or without having my whole family turn against me? I had also thought about praying and asking God for forgiveness. But I wouldn't even know where to start.Any advice is good advice!ThanksSara
If you are not mind with 'others' advise then you might use this to be your advise
smile.gif
, but if you are mind then considered it as gain knowledge for you.Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. (Quran 17:23)In this verse, you must take God as your Most High respect on it. So if everything that your parents do was against God then you shouldn't following them, nor you don't have to hate them. So event you are in different faith, different view, nor opinion, keep remain your good and nice relationship with your parents always. You don't have to be afraid of everything bad that might your parents do because of what they done was against God, but keep your heart feel love to them no mater what by not contempt them or you also can saying with nice and soft word. And if both of them was asking your fever that not against God, then served them very nicely
smile.gif
, and may love will be always on your side and your parents
smile.gif
event among you has a lot of differences. Patience is the key for you to concerned.Wallaahu a'lam.

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
(Jon-Marc;23126)
If you get right with the Lord and then live for Him, they will see the difference in you and possibly want to know what happened. That will give you the opportunity to tell them about Jesus changing your life.
I doubt very much they will want to know what happened. I go to brethren gospel meetings, although i haven't been saved, they have noticed a change in me. They basically try to tell me that what i'm believing in is wrong, they try to put doubts in my mind about our Lord Jesus.As my dad once said "Jesus is a portugese name. How can Jesus be a Jew and have a portugese name?"OR"How can the Protestant religion be right when they are missing 6 or 7 books in the bible, which the Roman Catholics have in theirs?"I would love to get saved but what is stopping me is i would love to have support from my parents.They are always putting my boyfriends parents down, just because they are born-again christians. My mother seems to think that all born-again christians are "stuck-up" and believe everything they do is right. Which i totally disagree with.I don't want them saying the exact same things about me if i was to be saved.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Hate to say it, Sara, but based on your interest, I think you were already saved but maybe do not know it yet. You obviously believe, and are willing to put your trust in our Lord, but there is just that element of "what do others think" in the way yet. I believe this is a different issue. It's almost like eloping so to speak. You know you want to get away with Jesus. Just don't worry what others will think. I get this feeling He already "got you". Your issues are just surface issues. I pray that you will work them out and that a strong Christian can come into your life to help guide you.

Elias

Dec 6, 2007
Dear Sara, My advice to you is let God show you the way... so you need to pay.THE CREED We believe in One God, God the Father, Almighty who possesses all, maker ofthe Heavens and Earth, the visible and the invisible. We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, One Lord, the only begotten Son of the Father, who was with Him before the creation of the world. He is Light from Light, True God from True God, begotten not made, and, in His Divine Essence, one with His Father. All things were made by Him, and without Him nothing whatsoever was made, in Heavens or on Earth. He came down from Heavens for our sake, for the sake of humanity, for our salvation. He was Incarnate in the womb of the Virgin Mary by the Divine Work of the Holy Spirit, and, acquiring the human soul and the human flesh from Her, became the Perfect Man. In the days of Pontius Pilate, He suffered, was crucified, died and was buried for our sake. And He rose from the dead on the third day, ascended in glory into Heaven and sat on His Throne at the right-hand of His Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. There is no end to His Kingdom. We believe in God the Holy Spirit. He is the life-giving Spirit who proceeds from God the Father, spoke through the Prophets, and, by the atonement of Jesus Christ, descended upon the Apostles and filled the world with His Grace. We worship and glorify Him with the Father and the Son. We believe in the One Church of The Holy Covenant that was founded by the Word of God, Jesus Christ, initially in the Hearts of the Patriarchs, and later sustained by His Divine Messages through the Prophets, and finally brought to perfection through the Holy Spirit by His convocation of the Apostles, and where His Body and Blood is offered as Sacrifice for the Holy Communion with God, and where the Sacramental Blessings of the Holy Spirit are bestowed upon and communicated to all believers. We believe in One Baptism for the remission of sins. We believe in the Resurrection from the dead and the Life to come, world without end.Amen.

Elias

Dec 6, 2007
GLORIFICATION OF THE LORD Our Father God! We thank You, and glorify You for the prayer which Your Son Jesus Christ taught us to say, “Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Your Name. Your Kingdom come. Your Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation; but deliver us from the evil one. For, Yours is The Kingdom, and The Power, and The Glory, forever. Amen. ” and, through His atonement, for the answer You gave us to our supplication in that prayer. You provided us with everything that pertains to our spiritual and material needs for the body as well as for the soul. Your generosity for us is bountiful; Your mercy, complete; Your love, perfect, and Your grace, overflowing. Through the salvation of Your Son, born of the Holy Virgin Mary, the Grace of the Holy Spirit descended over and filled the whole world. Thus, today You reside not only in Heavens, but on Earth as well. Your Name is hallowed also on Earth. Your will that is done in Heavens is done also on Earth. Your Kingdom has come and is revealed on Earth. By Your endowment of Nature, We recognized that You have arranged for our daily bread and for the entire life-long provisions of our bodily needs. You gave us, on daily basis, the Holy Sacrament of the Body and Blood of Your Son as nourishment for our Soul, and as an assurance for our salvation and eternal life. Through the same Sacrament, You exonerated us completely from our sins and iniquities once for all, and empowered us to forgive the debts of our debtors. For us to be Your Children, You granted us the exaltation of the spiritual birth of Baptism and the Sacrament of the Grace of Penance. You led us out of every temptation, delivered us from evil, and overthrew the powers of the Devil and Death that dominated our lives. Finally, You ordained for us the honour and the privilege to live in the Rapture of Your Resurrection. O Lord! We are always grateful to You for Your inexpressible generosity, mercy, love and grace, as well as for all our needs that You provided us before we even ask You. We wait for the time You promised us to come, when Your Kingdom of Truth, in which we are now blessed to live, under the Kingship of Jesus Christ, “The Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah”, will prevail and destroy Evil, Sin and Death completely. Yes, we wait for the day when It actually reveals Itself to the material world and universally reigns over the whole realms of Creation. Power, Glory and Kingdom are Yours, today as ever and forever, world without end. Amen.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Sara,
As my dad once said "Jesus is a portugese name. How can Jesus be a Jew and have a portugese name?"
The word Jesus is the Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which in turn is the transliteration of the Hebrew Jeshua, or Joshua.
"How can the Protestant religion be right when they are missing 6 or 7 books in the bible, which the Roman Catholics have in theirs?"
http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/apocrypha.htmlThey explain the canon here:http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/canon.htmlHope that helps in providing some answers for your dad, or at least for yourself to know.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Pariah;26499)
(Sara;25171)
As my dad once said "Jesus is a portugese name. How can Jesus be a Jew and have a portugese name?"
The word Jesus is the Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which in turn is the transliteration of the Hebrew Jeshua, or Joshua.Yahshua/Yeshua (Hebrew) Iesous (Greek) Iesus (Latin) Jesus (English)But I'll stick with the Hebrew, it has an affect in my heart.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.