Hi Everyone, Nice To Meet You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought the best way to tell you about my faith is to include a personal creed, so here it is:

Personal Creed

1. I believe in the Trinity, the infallibility of the written and oral word, the incarnation of Christ, and the justification and sanctification of the soul.

2.I believe in the resurrection of Jesus, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

3.I have a personal, participatory, justified and sanctifying relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ.

4.I am called to carry out God’s will by loving God, loving myself (recognizing God’s love for me and knowing who I am), and loving my neighbor through service.

5.I believe we are called to root out personal sin by working with Jesus in the sanctification process, which teaches our heart to love and results in perfection after death and resurrection.

6.My primary concern is to store up my treasure in Heaven by promoting a saving relationship in Christ, through the process of creating and participating in deep, loving relationships with my neighbors.

7.The ability to recognize the tragedy of personal sin in my neighbor serves a twofold purpose: to act as a mirror for my own sin, thereby aiding in my personal sanctification; to teach me perspective taking skills, empathy, radical love, acceptance of my neighbor, and the highest form of love; forgiveness.

8.I believe the existence of pain in the world is to teach us to trust, love and forgive through the pain; gain perspective on Christ’s sacrifice and God’s pain, loss and triumph; reveal Christ’s love for His children through service.

9.I believe the main subject in the OT is the omnipotence of God and the full array of human response to this truth. The main point of the NT is God’s response to His own omnipotence, which is love and forgiveness embodied in the man-God Jesus Christ, our ultimate example and only salvation.

10. All truth is God’s truth; therefore all religions, academia, and laws contain varying degrees of truth and are profitable for the development of our mind and relationships with others.

Peace

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought the best way to tell you about my faith is to include a personal creed, so here it is:

Personal Creed

1. I believe in the Trinity, the infallibility of the written and oral word, the incarnation of Christ, and the justification and sanctification of the soul.

2.I believe in the resurrection of Jesus, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.

3.I have a personal, participatory, justified and sanctifying relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ.

4.I am called to carry out God’s will by loving God, loving myself (recognizing God’s love for me and knowing who I am), and loving my neighbor through service.

5.I believe we are called to root out personal sin by working with Jesus in the sanctification process, which teaches our heart to love and results in perfection after death and resurrection.

6.My primary concern is to store up my treasure in Heaven by promoting a saving relationship in Christ, through the process of creating and participating in deep, loving relationships with my neighbors.

7.The ability to recognize the tragedy of personal sin in my neighbor serves a twofold purpose: to act as a mirror for my own sin, thereby aiding in my personal sanctification; to teach me perspective taking skills, empathy, radical love, acceptance of my neighbor, and the highest form of love; forgiveness.

8.I believe the existence of pain in the world is to teach us to trust, love and forgive through the pain; gain perspective on Christ’s sacrifice and God’s pain, loss and triumph; reveal Christ’s love for His children through service.

9.I believe the main subject in the OT is the omnipotence of God and the full array of human response to this truth. The main point of the NT is God’s response to His own omnipotence, which is love and forgiveness embodied in the man-God Jesus Christ, our ultimate example and only salvation.

10. All truth is God’s truth; therefore all religions, academia, and laws contain varying degrees of truth and are profitable for the development of our mind and relationships with others.

Peace

So I decided to go back to some of the threads I started when I first got to this board, and I ran across the creed I developed to describe my theology. It is interesting to me that nothing has changed about my creed, in spite of the fact that my life and spirituality has been through much change, which has been challenging.

How has your doctrine/spirituality changed over the past decade?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Personal Creed

Peace
Hi! Nice to meet you!

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Miss Hepburn and I are the only people that have been here since 2010....except admin

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Personal Creed

Peace
This is really good!

:)

Reactions: aspen