hi, I'm new

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Waterlily, and obviously I'm new. I am an artist, a traditional artist who uses old fashions pencils and paper, colored pencils, canvas, paint, paintbrushes, watercolors. I like fairytale stuff, romantic old fashion stuff, like Bible days, Medieval times, Renaissance, 1700's Pompadour, colonial, 1800's Victorian, civil war Edwardian 1920's, 1950's. fashion. i draw modern fashion, would like to start a modest Christian fashion line, maybe a fashion line for Muslim women too. (They don't all wear all-covering burkas, some where long modest dress with headscarf, it could be a great witnessing tool) Maybe a line for plus size women,, short women. That is a dream the Lord gave me.

I have not always honored God with my drawing in the past, sometimes I have drawn dirty pictures, I deeply regret and am very sorry for this. The Lord has saved me from my sins, I had a problem of hypocrisy, I must always remeber not to judge other women, who are my sisters.

The Lord takes away my stuck up hypocrisy and makes me feel guilty for my careless words, I repent like David did. The Lord feels my heart with love. I think love is the most important thing in our walk with Christ. I chose my name "Waterlily" because of an old movie I saw when I was a child with my parents, called "The Ten Commandments." It is the Biblical story of Moses. I like the pretty princess robes, and the waterlilies are such beautiful flowers. I paint some pictures of waterlilies with frogs. My parents had a frog prince thing about their romance.They have been married for a long time now.

I am in my 30's, and I like nature, flowers, cute animals like dogs, cats, birds, horses, rainbows, sunsets, chocolate, Italian food, Chinese food, Mexican food, and southern country food. And of course I love my mom and dad very much, but I love the Lord Jesus Christ the most.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Welcome to the Forum Waterlily!

That sounds like an interesting Idea about the Muslim Clothing line.
May God bless you, and lead you into a fulfilling calling!

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Feel free to post. Do not be shy at all!

Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am inspired to draw fashion styles from past, historical fashions and modern ones, and I want to see Christian women and girls dress more modestly. In Florida we have the beach thing, people wear swimsuits, bikinis, short shorts, spaghettie strap blouses that show the chest, shoulders, and back. We also have a lot of old people here, and most of them are more modest, thank God. I have a problem with blouses with low necklines, they are made in the factories that way, it is embarissing, but the blouses are so pretty,I don't want to wear anything that shows my cleavage,. I like clothes with flowers, butterflies, and colorful birds. I also want jeans that are not so long, I'm short, 5ft 1 1/2 in. And I'm chubby but not really fat, I'm like it if they had more pants, shorts, skits, dresses in my size that would hide my waist, hips and thighs.

I've heard of different Christian denominations that make their women wear head coverings and long,plain dresses with long sleeves like the Amish, Mennonite, holiness, charismatic, indepedent baptist, all kinds of weird groups that
don't let women wear pants or dress modern, they have to wear a head covering.

Muslims are big on head coverings. They act like it is a major sin for women to show their hair. They also make women veil their faces, it depends on wherer they live, how strict the rules are, how the Qu'ran is interpreted. who their husband and family is and how they treat the women. I remember reading "Arabian Nights" as a child, it was a fascinating world, I greatly admired Scherezade's courage and creativity. It inspired me to write stories of my own. I also liked King Arthur and Robin Hood, and traditional princess stories, like Cinderella and Snow White.

I drew my own pictures of Guinevere, Cinderella and Snow White, also drew Robin Hood and Maid Marian. I read Christian romance novels, one about a medieval maiden named Afton who suffers a lot, she is taken from her peasant serf family as a child and raised by the Lord of the manor's wife, Lady Endeline,a selfish manipulating woman, who uses Afton as competition to teach her tomboy daughter Lenor to be a proper lady. Afton falls in love with the lord and lady's second son, Calhoun, a chivalrous knight, who loves her too. There is a lot they go through before the lovers can be together. It was my first introduction in realistic medieval life.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Waterlily. welcome, to CB You sound like you have the gift of art, I have known some people that can draw some one's face and it look's like them. It is a gift from God. Enjoy the gift and from time to time use it to glorify God. I can draw stick people very well. :D
Pomp.

Latte Queen

Feb 21, 2017
BC
Welcome Water Lily

your dream sounds wonderful hope it comes true for you

I like to color I have an adult coloring book
I have felts, crayons and pencil crayons I like to free draw
I also like scrap booking

I like the historical too the clothes and the way life was I like the 1800's

Yes its a God given talent for sure

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oooooo awesome, welcome to forums, maybe ya can make a new line of cowboy hats and boots?! :p