Hi. Is this the right forum for me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this the right forum for me?

• You'll fit in Great!

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Yes - but you may need to be careful with what you say.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure - I have some concerns

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Definitely not. May God Bless and guide you, but you'd do better elsewhere.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi,

I'm just wondering if this is the right forum for me and whether I'd be a good fit, or whether I should consider somewhere else. I'm pretty open and I don't want to cause problems if I'm not going to be a good fit.

A quick bit a about me.

I am a fundamentalist. I believe the bible is inerrant, the word of God, and is as relevant today as it ever was.

I have always been passionate about my faith - but I have always been skeptical too about what I believe and why. Whilst brought up in a Christian home - I saw a number of things at Church (Pentecostal church) that didn't seem to line up with reality. As a result I questioned my faith, and understood that I was a Christian in a great part because that's what I was taught.

I decided to search to see what the truth was - and be open to whether Christianity was right or not, asking God to direct me. To cut a very long story short - I found numerous attributes that can be attributed to the bible and nothing else that solidified my trust in the scriptures. Since then - I have had no doubt about the bible, and as a result - the Christian faith.

I have however had numerous doubts about the beliefs practiced in the church I was attending, and after 35 years in that church have left because I fear it is slowly moving with the world and moving away from scripture.

I am passionate about discussions and debates (respectful ones). I also have a high level of skepticism with what is going on in the world. While I follow laws, I don't trust government, I am highly suspicious there is a shadow government, I believe COVID while a risk - is being taken advantage of by many - and I have very little trust in the UN or WHO, suspicious that those at the top are serving Satan himself.

I like to be challenged. I believe that being challenged either grounds further believes that one has that are right, and shines light on areas where I'm deceived.

I'm married, have a beautiful daughter, and I would call myself wealthy. (I have disposable income that has allowed for numerous hobbies. We would be called middle class in our nation - but I believe that we have excess - and disposable income to spend (waste?) on our hobbies - that this makes me quite wealthy indeed).

One scripture that does concern me is how difficult it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven).

I'm very fond, and my way of thinking aligns with people such as:

- Ray Comfort
- John Bevere
- Chuck Missler
- Charles Spurgeon

I don't consider myself any title of a Christian, besides a bible believer. I have no allegiance or loyalty to any denomination - my loyalty is to Christ alone.

Recently I came across "American Gospel" as well as "Strange Fire" - and these have challenged me (in a good way), and I support the majority of their view. I am very concerned about places such as Bethel, and other prosperity ministries.

I am not a Calvinist nor Armenian - I believe the answer is somewhere inbetween and that the problem is our limited understanding trying to understand God who is beyond our understanding.

I don't like using words such as "Trinity" because it isn't in the bible. Not because the definition is incorrect - but because most Christians I know don't know it's full meaning and have different understandings that go all the way to modalism believing it supports the Trinity views (yet Churches accept them because they say they believe in "the Trinity" while would question me because I prefer to state exactly what I believe as opposed to use an ambiguous terminology).

This also because I have a fear of God and the scripture that I will not say anything about God, Christ or the Holy Spirit that is not in the scripture. (Another reason why I don't like the term 'Trinity'. I won't paraphrase).

I have a strong dislike to things such as "The Message" - and other things that I see as 'watering down' scripture.

This openness makes me an irritation in numerous circles - so I just want to be upfront and honest about the things that probably cause people more grief about me so I can see whether or not this is a place that I will be accepted and can join in conversation.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm just wondering if this is the right forum for me and whether I'd be a good fit, or whether I should consider somewhere else. I'm pretty open and I don't want to cause problems if I'm not going to be a good fit.

A quick bit a about me.

I am a fundamentalist. I believe the bible is inerrant, the word of God, and is as relevant today as it ever was.

I have always been passionate about my faith - but I have always been skeptical too about what I believe and why. Whilst brought up in a Christian home - I saw a number of things at Church (Pentecostal church) that didn't seem to line up with reality. As a result I questioned my faith, and understood that I was a Christian in a great part because that's what I was taught.

I decided to search to see what the truth was - and be open to whether Christianity was right or not, asking God to direct me. To cut a very long story short - I found numerous attributes that can be attributed to the bible and nothing else that solidified my trust in the scriptures. Since then - I have had no doubt about the bible, and as a result - the Christian faith.

I have however had numerous doubts about the beliefs practiced in the church I was attending, and after 35 years in that church have left because I fear it is slowly moving with the world and moving away from scripture.

I am passionate about discussions and debates (respectful ones). I also have a high level of skepticism with what is going on in the world. While I follow laws, I don't trust government, I am highly suspicious there is a shadow government, I believe COVID while a risk - is being taken advantage of by many - and I have very little trust in the UN or WHO, suspicious that those at the top are serving Satan himself.

I like to be challenged. I believe that being challenged either grounds further believes that one has that are right, and shines light on areas where I'm deceived.

I'm married, have a beautiful daughter, and I would call myself wealthy. (I have disposable income that has allowed for numerous hobbies. We would be called middle class in our nation - but I believe that we have excess - and disposable income to spend (waste?) on our hobbies - that this makes me quite wealthy indeed).

One scripture that does concern me is how difficult it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven).

- Ray Comfort
- John Bevere
- Chuck Missler
- Charles Spurgeon

I don't consider myself any title of a Christian, besides a bible believer. I have no allegiance or loyalty to any denomination - my loyalty is to Christ alone.

Recently I came across "American Gospel" as well as "Strange Fire" - and these have challenged me (in a good way), and I support the majority of their view. I am very concerned about places such as Bethel, and other prosperity ministries.

I am not a Calvinist nor Armenian - I believe the answer is somewhere inbetween and that the problem is our limited understanding trying to understand God who is beyond our understanding.

I don't like using words such as "Trinity" because it isn't in the bible. Not because the definition is incorrect - but because most Christians I know don't know it's full meaning and have different understandings that go all the way to modalism believing it supports the Trinity views (yet Churches accept them because they say they believe in "the Trinity" while would question me because I prefer to state exactly what I believe as opposed to use an ambiguous terminology).

This also because I have a fear of God and the scripture that I will not say anything about God, Christ or the Holy Spirit that is not in the scripture. (Another reason why I don't like the term 'Trinity'. I won't paraphrase).

I have a strong dislike to things such as "The Message" - and other things that I see as 'watering down' scripture.

This openness makes me an irritation in numerous circles - so I just want to be upfront and honest about the things that probably cause people more grief about me so I can see whether or not this is a place that I will be accepted and can join in conversation.
Welcome to Christianity Board....there are a mixture of faiths represented here...so stick around and see what you might like to join in on....
God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People that don't have anything to hide are transparent.

Welcome to the forum!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like you.
This forum is a mixed bag. There’s people whom are peaceful Christians (of many denominations, traditional and not) and people on here whom are billgerant bullies (again, of many denominations) and lots of other mixed bag ness.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi,

A quick bit a about me.

- Ray Comfort
- John Bevere
- Chuck Missler
- Charles Spurgeon

Hi; good to see you.

Glad to see you enjoy C H Spurgeon, too. :)

Reactions: Scoot
R

Rita

Welcome to the forum,
Not sure a vote is the right way to see if the forum is right for you- it’s best to have a look around, check out the threads and evaluate for yourself over a period of time. There is a mixed bunch of people here, some you will fit in with, some will have different views and approaches. I like John Bevere, and Spurgeon , haven’t heard of the other two .... but I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and don’t mind other translations of the bible. I don’t agree with everyone, and they don’t agree with everything I say- but It stretches me to test what I believe.
I am not as active as most as some things I just don’t see the point in discussing ,purely and simply because it’s the same old thing going round in circles.
Look forward to seeing you in the threads
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Welcome to the forum,
Not sure a vote is the right way to see if the forum is right for you- it’s best to have a look around, check out the threads and evaluate for yourself over a period of time. There is a mixed bunch of people here, some you will fit in with, some will have different views and approaches. I like John Bevere, and Spurgeon , haven’t heard of the other two .... but I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and don’t mind other translations of the bible. I don’t agree with everyone, and they don’t agree with everything I say- but It stretches me to test what I believe.
I am not as active as most as some things I just don’t see the point in discussing ,purely and simply because it’s the same old thing going round in circles.
Look forward to seeing you in the threads
Rita
@Riat: So you like Spurgeon, too? So does @Scoot, apparently, and so do I...

R

Rita

Yes, I like a varied group of people - I have a couple of Spurgeons daily notes and sermons on prayer on my e reader.

Reactions: farouk

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
G'day Scoot,
Well, it looks like you've nearly shown your whole hand :)
If righteousness stirs you and dysfunction is an uncomfortable embarrassment you'll find folk here on the same trajectory. You'll also find folk on both sides of the fence. The only way to satisfy your curiosity is to stick around and contribute.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome Scoot. There are many here who believe exactly as you do. But fundamentalists are not supposed to *fit in*. They are supposed to speak the truth and incur the wrath of the liberals.:D And people from Australia don't fit in any how. Just kidding.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What makes this place so good is that we are not all indoctrinated into believing that unless you believe a certain way you are on your way to hell. The only people that teach that are the Catholics who stick out like a sore thumb here because unless you believe what they do you are a reprobate.

The scripture says that iron sharpens iron and that is what is happening here all the time. I like the breadth and depth of ideas and views here. Some are totally ridiculous and some are challenging and uplifting. You pay your money and make your choice. I am academic and like to deal in-depth with subjects. Others prefer the lighter side of things with not too much depth with what they say.

And of course, we have out resident comedians who stop us from taking ourselves too seriously. There is a catholic on here who is proud of being the only one that is right and there are those who are not catholic and are proud of not being catholic (sacrilege) but all in all, everything comes out in the wash and we appreciate the fact that truth can be elusive but that is what we are looking for.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure how well you will fit in because those who follow the Bible are often criticized even by fellow believers, but I think you can make a good contribution to the discussions here.

Reactions: Scoot

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure how well you will fit in because those who follow the Bible are often criticized even by fellow believers, but I think you can make a good contribution to the discussions here.
You can't control how others act only yourself....live the example!:)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you and I probably won't see eye-to-eye on much. But, right off the bat, I can think of at least a half-dozen people here who could have written the same post you did, almost word-for-word. So, you should feel comfortable and right at home with them.

On just one of your points that I think tends to ruin what Jesus brought us... I do not think the Bibles we read in the English language are "inerrant." This is because I have seen far too many incidents where people who seem to fluently understand those ancient languages in which the manuscripts were originally penned, point out flagrant and prejudicial errors in the translations of the only books I can read.... those in my tongue.

Last edited: