hi, nuclearD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Even if I am wrong, so will many, many other people. For they do not follow the same religion. Most of the world is damned for Hell, or any other place of punishment depending on the religion. So I'm comfortable with the fact that I am atheist. Hey, I'm still a young'un, maybe you can convert me?
first of all, please move this thread to appropriate board if it is not right place. thank you:) Nuclear,I would like to chat with you since you are showing interest in being converted if one can convice you. I always give my best shot for such an opportunity.
smile.gif
I have been Christian only for 8 years even though I am not so young. I am just grateful that I became Christian. I have been striving to be decent person all my life without Jesus even though I have my own idea of God but I was not happy with everything I did.One day I found myself in deep trouble and got deeply depressed and my derpression became bigger and bigger as days and months and years went by. I could not take it any more. To make a long story short, I asked God to make me a Christain because I did not have anything to lose.Since then, I concentrated on reading the New Testament (I started with Old Testament but I was not getting anywhere with it).I discovered that I was enjoying my life just concentrating changing my lifestyles to Jesus' way. It did not take long to appriciate Jesus and His teachings. I am now devoting myself to spreading Jesus because His teachings changed my life in such a short peiord. There is power in Jesus' teachings even though it sounds so simple and primitive. Too many people are seeking complicated philosophical theology. It is my conviction that if you are just seeking fancy philosophy, you will not like Jesus' teachings. Jesus is for people who are seeking simple, humble, noble, righteous, holy, peace and joy and all good suff that most people consider boring.I have been spreading this simple evangelism to reach out to people every chance I get.Thank you:)

NuclearDruid

May 13, 2007
Hm, I'd like to take you up on the offer, but would feel much more comfortable corresponding via email instead. You can contact me at [email protected]I am not truley open to changing beliefs like you would expect. I just stated that because I am a teenager after all, you can still alter my views on the world before it's too late, was where I was trying to get at. But if you want to take a shot, then by all means- Email me! I look forward to talking with you soon!

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(NuclearDruid;10760)
Hm, I'd like to take you up on the offer, but would feel much more comfortable corresponding via email instead.
I prefer our discussions open; Jesus followers' main mission is to spread Jesus to the world and public is the most effective way.
truly open to changing beliefs like you would expect.
I have been discussing with many non-believers about Jesus on board but most of them are not interested to listen what I have to say. It seems that they come to Christian board to get into arguements how wrong Christianity is. I would like you to challenge me of my convictions of Jesus is the only way with open and honest heart.thank you nuclearD, I am looking forward to your reply and take up my offerring.
smile.gif
sincerely, hitomi

NuclearDruid

May 13, 2007
Very well, we can have this discussion right here. Don't have much to say, so I geuss you can start.I'll try my best to avoid argument, I'll just let you know that I disagree with something that you said, that's all.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(NuclearDruid;10781)
Very well, we can have this discussion right here. Don't have much to say, so I geuss you can start.I'll try my best to avoid argument, I'll just let you know that I disagree with something that you said, that's all.
You can reply to my op:)

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Hello nuclear???? where are you???? I welcome any non-believers in this thread. I do my best to answer all your inquiries.
smile.gif

NuclearDruid

May 13, 2007
(Faithful1;10719)
I am now devoting myself to spreading Jesus because His teachings changed my life in such a short peiord. There is power in Jesus' teachings even though it sounds so simple and primitive. Too many people are seeking complicated philosophical theology. It is my conviction that if you are just seeking fancy philosophy, you will not like Jesus' teachings. Jesus is for people who are seeking simple, humble, noble, righteous, holy, peace and joy and all good suff that most people consider boring.
Sorry for the delay.I myself am trying to achieve humbleness, nobleness, righteousness, peacefullness, and joyfullness within myself. And am succeeding very well with the help of a religion. I don't consider this boring at all, just a simple way of lifestyle. There is no such thing as complicated philosophical theology, it only appears to be from an outside point of view. Let me tell you from here, Christianity seems very complicated when in reality it is not.(Faithful1;10719)
I have been striving to be decent person all my life without Jesus even though I have my own idea of God but I was not happy with everything I did.One day I found myself in deep trouble and got deeply depressed and my derpression became bigger and bigger as days and months and years went by. I could not take it any more. To make a long story short, I asked God to make me a Christain because I did not have anything to lose.Since then, I concentrated on reading the New Testament (I started with Old Testament but I was not getting anywhere with it).I discovered that I was enjoying my life just concentrating changing my lifestyles to Jesus' way. It did not take long to appriciate Jesus and His teachings.
I need to disagree when you say you have nothing to lose to follow God. Sure, as an atheist if I am wrong I will be damned for hell, and if you are wrong you will have the same fate as the atheists. However, this means you would be wasting your life trying to prepare for the next world instead of living your life here to it's fullest. Plus it seems like "playing it safe" is like expecting a reward, not really achieving anything. You also have a 99% chance that your religion is gone. The universe is huge, I am sure if there was another intelligent race out there with religion, it would prove the point that nobody ever has it right yet. If there was a god, I doubt we would get it right in any bit.Why must I just follow Jesus? You know the teachings of Jesus and Buddhism are extremely, EXTREMELY close to eachother? Why must I follow him if there is another religion out there trying to achieve the same things he is. (Other than beliefs, the philosophy is the same. Go ahead argue this, it's true despite what you want to believe.)I don't want to cloud my own opinions with the help of other's. Just following in line with the rest doesn't sit well with me. Why do we have to be together in our beliefs, can't we be unique in them? Of course the world is huge, so achieving uniqueness really equals to nothing, but it matters to the individual. This isn't a really big point for me though - so don't mistake this as my reason not to follow a religion.Now then on to the Morals, people say atheists/agnostic people have no morals because they follow no god. That's a lame excuse to get people like us to follow something. We get our morals from Respective Role Models, Friends, Parents, Law, History, etc. On top of that, we beleive this is the only life we get, so why would we throw that away so hastily? I feel it would be quite the opposite if you truley believed this wasn't the only life. Look at suicide bombers, they are doing what they do because they truley believe there is something waiting for them when they die which just motivates the actions that they do_One last thing, the fact that I actually have to believe what I follow would make it really hard for me to go back into Christianity. Knowing that there are so many other religions that could be right would just not be right. I am 99 percent my choice right now is correct, and I also believe that no one, NO ONE, should ever be 100 percent on their belief. This results in intolerance, ignorance, and hatred. It's obvious to those who are, and to those who aren't. Just people don't like to admit it.Sorry if there seems to be hostility, there is none intended.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
NuclearDruid;10906] Christianity seems very complicated when in reality it is not.[/quote]Christianity is not complicated. It seems that way because Mainstrems made so many man-made theology that making people so confused and it sure is chaotic. the mainstrem churches are making Jesus very said:
I need to disagree when you say you have nothing to lose to follow God.
When I was depressed I did not have any one or anything to help me. So Christianity was kind of my last resort.
this means you would be wasting your life trying to prepare for the next world instead of living your life here to it's fullest.
You have a good point. I am trying very hard to live humbly so I can be good expmle and not looking like a big hypocrite.
Plus it seems like "playing it safe" is like expecting a reward, not really achieving anything.
Yes, most church goers are playing very very safe and it certainly is not what Jesus is teaching.
You also have a 99% chance that your religion is gone. The universe is huge, I am sure if there was another intelligent race out there with religion, it would prove the point that nobody ever has it right yet. If there was a god, I doubt we would get it right in any bit.
If your are truly seeking nobel way of living you will change your mind when you read the New Testament how noble Jesus is and how hight standard way of living.
Why must I just follow Jesus? You know the teachings of Jesus and Buddhism are extremely, EXTREMELY close to eachother?[/quoteI thought so too when I was a non-believer. I am from Japan and Japanese have pretty high standrad moral but it is no comparison to Jesus' teachings.
Why must I follow him if there is another religion out there trying to achieve the same things he is. (Other than beliefs, the philosophy is the same. Go ahead argue this, it's true despite what you want to believe.)
Jesus is the only one who teaches "love your enemy"; this makes humongous difference.
I don't want to cloud my own opinions with the help of other's. Just following in line with the rest doesn't sit well with me. Why do we have to be together in our beliefs, can't we be unique in them? Of course the world is huge, so achieving uniqueness really equals to nothing, but it matters to the individual. This isn't a really big point for me though - so don't mistake this as my reason not to follow a religion.
If you read the New Testament with open mind you will find out how powerful and loving His teachings are.
Now then on to the Morals, people say atheists/agnostic people have no morals because they follow no god. That's a lame excuse to get people like us to follow something. We get our morals from Respective Role Models, Friends, Parents, Law, History, etc. On top of that, we beleive this is the only life we get, so why would we throw that away so hastily?
Humans are so imperfect and so limited. They have been making mistakes over and over, they are not imporoving their selfishness since beginning of the human history.
I feel it would be quite the opposite if you truley believed this wasn't the only life. Look at suicide bombers, they are doing what they do because they truley believe there is something waiting for them when they die which just motivates the actions that they do.
Jesus teaches us to love our enemy. Christians who are in the military are against Jesus' teaching.
One last thing, the fact that I actually have to believe what I follow would make it really hard for me to go back into Christianity. Knowing that there are so many other religions that could be right would just not be right.
When you read the Bible you will find out the Jesus is Son of God because of His perfect love story in the New Testament
I am 99 percent my choice right now is correct, and I also believe that no one, NO ONE, should ever be 100 percent on their belief. This results in intolerance, ignorance, and hatred. It's obvious to those who are, and to those who aren't. Just people don't like to admit it.
I am 100 sure I am doing the right thing by following loving Jesus.
Sorry if there seems to be hostility, there is none intended.
No, you have been very civil and polite, thank you
smile.gif

NuclearDruid

May 13, 2007
Faithful1;10913]Christianity is not complicated. It seems that way because Mainstrems made so many man-made theology that making people so confused and it sure is chaotic. the mainstrem churches are making Jesus very said:
Simply because it's not the way you interpret the bible is it? Trust me, after reading through it, you can translate a lot of messages into many different ways.
When I was depressed I did not have any one or anything to help me. So Christianity was kind of my last resort.
So it appears you made the choice out of desperation then and established the belief later.
You have a good point. I am trying very hard to live humbly so I can be good expmle and not looking like a big hypocrite.
Are you admitting you are one?
If your are truly seeking nobel way of living you will change your mind when you read the New Testament how noble Jesus is and how hight standard way of living.
I can achieve these morals without a religious life. It's not hard to establish them, it's just that the one's who are confused that do.
I thought so too when I was a non-believer. I am from Japan and Japanese have pretty high standrad moral but it is no comparison to Jesus' teachings.
You'd be surprised, look at other branches of buddhism.
Jesus is the only one who teaches "love your enemy"; this makes humongous difference.
Buddishm does teach this as well.
If you read the New Testament with open mind you will find out how powerful and loving His teachings are.
You are telling me to believe in the Bible through the Bible, I can't do that.
Humans are so imperfect and so limited. They have been making mistakes over and over, they are not imporoving their selfishness since beginning of the human history.
But what you establish perfect is what God is. Nothing can be perfect, because there can be different ways to be perfect.
Jesus teaches us to love our enemy. Christians who are in the military are against Jesus' teaching.
I geuss they are doomed for hell then. How lovely. I'm sure they'd love to hear that.
When you read the Bible you will find out the Jesus is Son of God because of His perfect love story in the New Testament
Again, I can't believe the bible through the bible. I need outside evidence.
I am 100 sure I am doing the right thing by following loving Jesus.
Then I sure hope you aren't like some people on this forum. I have read some of the forums I am restricted to post in and am Appalled by how many intolerant people there are here.
No, you have been very civil and polite, thank you
smile.gif
Great to hear!It appears that you want me to believe the Bible through the Bible. That is something I can not do. It just doesn't cut it. I want evidence outiside the bible that God exists and Jesus was a true Prophet and the son of God. Otherwise you will get nothing from me. This is not ignorance, this is how a mind should work. If you want to believe something you need evidence, not to go into it blindly simply because you like what's in a book. Hopefully that is how most people got into Christianity.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
NuclearDruid;10919]Simply because it said:
Are you admitting you are one?
No, I am not, I am not perfect but I am not hypocrite. Hypocrites will not go into God's kingdom. Jesus hates hypocrisy.
I can achieve these morals without a religious life. It's not hard to establish them, it's just that the one's who are confused that do.
Jesus teachings are so high that without His help noone can achieve it.
You'd be surprised, look at other branches of buddhism.
I believe most of the buddhism are aiming to be prosperous. Asians have been fighting against each other all their hisory. I am from Japan and I never heard "love your enemy".
Buddishm does teach this as well.
No, they don't. Japanese have been aggressive. Only strong country have been surviving without others' oppression.
You are telling me to believe in the Bible through the Bible, I can't do that.
I suggest to read only the Gospel, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, because you are very new. You can understand Jesus clearly from those books.
But what you establish perfect is what God is. Nothing can be perfect, because there can be different ways to be perfect.
Jesus says anything is possible with God's help. Jesus teaches to be perfect as He is perfect. and be holy as He is Holy. That's why we need faith. when we have faith in Jesus He will fill our imperfection part.
I geuss they are doomed for hell then. How lovely. I'm sure they'd love to hear that.
Yes, I have been protesting Christians joyning the military. I have thread in this forum too. Title is "love your enemy".
Again, I can't believe the bible through the bible. I need outside evidence.
I am outside evidence. I was mesirable and Jesus' teachings helped me completely; this is miracle!!! I am now happyest person in the world!!! I will not replace my posision with any one, not even with Bill Gates. Jesus' teachings gave me confident that I can handle anything with His help!!!
Then I sure hope you aren't like some people on this forum. I have read some of the forums I am restricted to post in and am Appalled by how many intolerant people there are here.
There are many kinds of people come into forums and some come in just to make trouble by arguing without end. I think that's why they are making strict rules.I have my own forum and am welcoming everyone especially people who don't agree with my christianity. I welcome everyone because Jesus' followers are supposed to reach out to everyone. So far, I have banned only one person because she was so hostil and hatred in all her posts and never stopped. She could not post in civilized manner.
If you want to believe something you need evidence, not to go into it blindly simply because you like what's in a book. Hopefully that is how most people got into Christianity.
I have been deligent all my life and read many, many "how to" books and have tried many of them. Nothing worked. There was always something missing. You seem very young and inteligent. It is very dangerouse when you believe in youself so much. You are missing a grate deal with this kind of mentality. It will build up gladually. This world is so cold everywhere; We need God's love to live in peace. Jesus is teaching us how to live with joy and peace in this wicked world.I hope you consider my suggestion; Jesus teachings are the best in the world. Give Him chance and do your best to follow everything you are learning. You never know until you give Jesus chance to get to know Him. You will be surprised how you are changed from inside. When you trust Jesus, you have nothing to fear whatsoever in this wicked world, no matter what!Caution!!! Do not pick and choose; that's how His followers make mistake by pick and choosing. Jesus does not work this way. You must trust EVERYTHING He teaches.Jesus is the coolest Guy in the world!!! Love, hitomi

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
My recent thread about "love your enemy" is in the "Mainstream churches" in the discussion forum.Thank you:)

Jesus Is Real

Apr 8, 2007
Hi there you both - Faithful1 and NuclearDruid. NuclearD, Do you have a Christian background maybe with your Parents or Grandparents that took you to Church when you were a little guy,...etc? The Way of The Master,Connie

Jesus Is Real

Apr 8, 2007
(Faithful1)
I have my own forum
Can you pm or give me your forum here? Either way,...thank you.Love in Christ,Connie

Jesus Is Real

Apr 8, 2007
Faithful1, After I was Born-Again, Baptized and then that Monday Morning I saw the evidence of having the Holy Spirit in me (even my State Farm clients were testifying that God was all over me and in me and I was Ministering to them - one man came in and bought insurance because he wanted to met the lady over the phone that just touched his heart about a matter).....it was one glorious Monday. Then I was so hunger to Read the Bible, I would read it while driving on the freeway as if I was a starving persons and the only thing that was helping this stravation was God's Word. It hasn't stopped yet. I read during the day, in bed at nights, and in the morning for my feet even hit the floor for about 2-3 hours sometimes more. It's been 18 years now and God's Fire is still going strong in me.I was 23 years old, my son was 2 1/2 when I was Born-Again. I was one of those whom God said, "I was found of them who sought me not".NuclearD, I was not looking for God - then I found Him. I was not searching for God but then God happened to me and He choose me. I would say wait until "God Happens to you", then you too will know. Just stop your striving in your own door way,....so that God can come through. If you too are choosen. And if you are, quit frankly, your own striving won't stop God from "happening to you",......your striving mightdelay His coming but if you need The God who made those Stars to come into your Life about now, then I wouldsay to you to cease and desist from your strife and expect then for "God To Happen To You". He proved Himself,by Raising from the Dead - It happened and all of Creation knows it but while men sleep tares (bad seed) were sowin with the (good seed) in the filed. I pray you are of the (good seed). But I don't know you at all. I only know just a bit a small part what you think and such from reading over this thread. But what you and I think in his mind is notalways 'the man' of the person. But when your heart begins to speak it will show you who you are and what it desiresto be transformed to be. But those are mainly discussions for the Very God who's planet you are living on, not too muchfor forums like this. In Peace,Connie

arenamistica

May 7, 2007
Question NucD:Just curious as to why "atheists" feel the need to tell people/express that they are such? To me, its kind of like if a person says "Well, I don't believe that purple flowers exist"....how could this person say the "purple flowers" don't exist without having some previous concept/knowledge of what it is or means to be a "purple flower"or... if one says that He/She does not believe in love. Well the concept of love/love itself HAS TO BE PRESENT...for one to "make conscious the choice" not to believe in it...So (to me) for one to say that he/she is an atheist (he/she doesn't believe in God) actually supports the fact that God has to/does exist for one to "make a conscious decision" to not believe in Him.How can one make a decision to not believe in something if, according to that person, that something doesn't exist?I just have always thought about it that way and would like to know your thoughts on the subject.