hi

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what rhymes with purple?

• Total voters

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hi; i'm post.
i'm a mathematician.

some of you know me already - i've been on the CC forums for 7 years or so, and a friend suggested i visit here.

i'm somewhat amazed and appalled at the heresies openly flourishing here just having read through a couple of threads in the last week! but this is reflective of the state of the 'church' in these last days - just as it was written. i don't expect to be very popular here, because i intend to speak about the Truth: He brings a sword.
but if we do become friends, it will be real and everlasting. brothers; sisters. =]

anyhow greets.
forgive my directness

Reactions: Ziggy and Mayflower

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something tells me you will NOT be teaching Grace... LOL

didn't i say "Truth" ?

the law was given through Moses; grace and peace came through Jesus Christ
(John 1:17)

=]

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of swords around here...

swordfighting is a bit of a hobby of mine -- historical european martial arts. i find that there are a lot of spiritual lessons to be learned from understanding and practicing the skillful use of a physical sword

a sword in the hand of someone who doesn't know how to use it can be just as much of a danger to themselves and their friends as it is to their enemies. so let's 'cut straight' ((Strong's #3718)) and keep the pointy end in the right direction =]

Reactions: Rita

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hi; i'm post.
i'm a mathematician.
Welcome post. The new "woke" math says 2 +2 = 5. So what is the PROBABILITY that "post" and "post-haste" will resemble each other? Just kidding.

Reactions: Helen

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
a sword in the hand of someone who doesn't know how to use it can be just as much of a danger to themselves and their friends as it is to their enemies. so let's 'cut straight' ((Strong's #3718)) and keep the pointy end in the right direction =]
These forums are filled with all kinds of beliefs... and everyone thinks they have the truth and biblical doctrine... so.. I guess time will tell what you are offering and bringing to the table.

Reactions: Pearl

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These forums are filled with all kinds of beliefs... and everyone thinks they have the truth and biblical doctrine... so.. I guess time will tell what you are offering and bringing to the table.

thankfully we have scripture, and we can daily search it to see whether what these say to us is true.

Reactions: Mayflower

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is the PROBABILITY that "post" and "post-haste" will resemble each other?

we need to precisely define "resemble" before we can answer that question. ;)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
thankfully we have scripture, and we can daily search it to see whether what these say to us is true.
That does not solve the problem of false doctrine.

In these forums... you will find the doctrine of Catholicism... Calvinism... Legalism ( which isn't birthed from a specific denomination .. but sadly surfaces like a plague )... Word of Faith/Prosperity movement... those who preach Grace ( Pauline Theology ). These belief systems are just the tip of the ice-burg. Everyone on here BELIEVES that they are truly understanding and discerning scripture... and then you have those who think they are God's gift to the world... they come here to preach/teach... and their attitudes are filled with arrogance and pride.

So... once again... welcome to the forums... and good luck with that sword.

Reactions: Azim and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In these forums... you will find the doctrine of Catholicism... Calvinism... Legalism ( which isn't birthed from a specific denomination .. but sadly surfaces like a plague )... Word of Faith/Prosperity movement... those who preach Grace ( Pauline Theology ). These belief systems are just the tip of the ice-burg. Everyone on here BELIEVES that they are truly understanding and discerning scripture... and then you have those who think they are God's gift to the world... they come here to preach/teach... and their attitudes are filled with arrogance and pride.

Welcome to CB @post it is nice to meet you!

It definitely is a battle... I think on other forums it is the elephant in the room no one talks about, while on CB, all the elephants are addressed here. :D But at the same time, you go to the praise sections and the prayer sections... It is the most alive and has the most jewels ever. It really is wonderful. And there are precious people on here full of faith. So I kinda stay away from elephant bums, because I have my church and the Word of God to listen to and do get confused by a lot of voices. But there are gems. And it does bring questions up in mind to study for myself at times, like prosperity gospel. I partly believe there is truth to it, but not something as first priority over kingdom business. Just you reap what you sow and many faithful believers have lived in prosperity like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jesus' family.

I think it is just important to keep who we are representing in mind when we are talking to people. This could mean kindness or assertiveness. Jesus was both depending on who He was speaking with. It takes a lot of discernment and wisdom.

But welcome Post. I pray you find the gems. :)

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you please show us a single post that purports legalism?

I ask because I have seen the claim before, but never an ounce of proof legalism exists on the forums.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you please show us a single post that purports legalism?

I ask because I have seen the claim before, but never an ounce of proof legalism exists on the forums.
Nice try.... Had you REALLY and SINCERELY been interested in ASKING me a question... you would have said... Addy... can you tell me what you mean by legalism?? But you said... Can you please show "us"... I'm not stupid.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

do you believe it's impossible to discern right doctrine from false doctrine?
that there is no way to know the truth, and the Bible is ultimately a confused self-contradictory jumble that can be interpreted countless ways?

for sure i'm not going to get everything right & i'm going to be wrong about things sometimes. & for sure there are mysteries; not every question is answerable with surety. but i believe in truth

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
do you believe it's impossible to discern right doctrine from false doctrine?
Absolutely NOT... It is very possible to discern right doctrine from false doctrine. What I am talking about is coming in here with the belief that you are going to correct some false doctrine that is being taught.... YOU will NOT accomplish as you desire... You will simply add to the pool.

People who come in these forums with the NEED to TEACH others.... are NOT teachable themselves... That is my point.. and I don't even usually welcome new people... so... I'm seeing that this has not turned out to be a very WARM one... But... 7 years on another forum... I suspect you will survive.

Again... I wish you well... I have no beef with you... Just makes me sad when I see yet another SOLDIER with a sword come in here .. WE have enough of those.

Reactions: post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely NOT... It is very possible to discern right doctrine from false doctrine. What I am talking about is coming in here with the belief that you are going to correct some false doctrine that is being taught.... YOU will NOT accomplish as you desire... You will simply add to the pool.

People who come in these forums with the NEED to TEACH others.... are NOT teachable themselves... That is my point.. and I don't even usually welcome new people... so... I'm seeing that this has not turned out to be a very WARM one... But... 7 years on another forum... I suspect you will survive.

Again... I wish you well... I have no beef with you... Just makes me sad when I see yet another SOLDIER with a sword come in here .. WE have enough of those.

it is a fair point that no one needs more people to join in the shouting matches, and i could add - in all the years i've 'sat at the gate' as a believer i have seen only a few people ever change their positions about doctrine. in general a wagon wheel stays in its rut -- especially the most vocal people, who think of themselves as teachers. their pride usually doesn't allow them to admit when they've been shown to be wrong, and they either pretend it never happened, or they leave. even so if you look at Titus 1:10-11 Paul doesn't encourage him to persuade false teachers, but to 'silence' them or 'stop their mouths'. very vocal, very wrong people do a lot of damage to the immature and unlearned, sowing doubt and making them think 'there is no answer' to their charges when no one is found who can answer them.

but do you have an idea about what actually solves the problem of false doctrine?
if i really am not the noob, then that is where i ought to concentrate