'Hid in God'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places
might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, ... '
(Ephesians 3:8-10)

Hello there,

How wonderful it is to know that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is also 'The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ', and our Father also 'in Him'. We have been 'In Him' (Christ) since before the foundation of the world, for He in His foreknowledge knew us, the members of His Body, before we came into existence. We were part of God's plan and purpose, in His Beloved Son.

Praise God!

* Yet Ephesians 3:9, and Colossians 1:26, makes it clear that the knowledge of this company called' the church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all' (Ephesians 1:21-23), was 'hid in God', and not the subject of the Old Testament prophets, the gospels, the book of Acts, the general epistles, or of Paul's earlier epistles: for not until Paul was imprisoned in Rome was it made known. It was made known to Paul exclusively, as it's Steward, and it is he alone who made it known in the epistles written following it's revelation. Namely in, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, but largely in the first three.

* If God says something is 'hid' within Himself, then we should acknowledge it, rejoice in it, and seek to understand it, and the reasons why it was hidden, don't you think? Not argue against it, Yes?

Paul said:-

... 'Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you,
and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh
for his body's sake, which is the church: whereof I am made a minister,
according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you,
to fulfil the word of God;
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations,
but now is made manifest to His saints:
To whom God would make known
what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles;
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working,
which worketh in me mightily.'

(Coossiansl 1:24-29)​

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The secret of the ages . . . Christ in you, the expectation of glory!

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places
might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, ... '
(Ephesians 3:8-10)

Hello there,

How wonderful it is to know that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is also 'The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ', and our Father also 'in Him'. We have been 'In Him' (Christ) since before the foundation of the world, for He in His foreknowledge knew us, the members of His Body, before we came into existence. We were part of God's plan and purpose, in His Beloved Son.

Praise God!

* Yet Ephesians 3:9, and Colossians 1:26, makes it clear that the knowledge of this company called' the church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all' (Ephesians 1:21-23), was 'hid in God', and not the subject of the Old Testament prophets, the gospels, the book of Acts, the general epistles, or of Paul's earlier epistles: for not until Paul was imprisoned in Rome was it made known. It was made known to Paul exclusively, as it's Steward, and it is he alone who made it known in the epistles written following it's revelation. Namely in, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, but largely in the first three.

* If God says something is 'hid' within Himself, then we should acknowledge it, rejoice in it, and seek to understand it, and the reasons why it was hidden, don't you think? Not argue against it, Yes?

Paul said:-

... 'Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you,
and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh
for his body's sake, which is the church: whereof I am made a minister,
according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you,
to fulfil the word of God;
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom;
that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to His working,
which worketh in me mightily.'
(Coossiansl 1:24-29)

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Our view charity tends to underestimate Gods willingness to reveal when in fact it is our unwillingness and inability to see.
Even within the OT scriptures God's mystery is revealed yet we perceive it not.....Genesis 3.15 is a case in point. It is like we are stunted and blunted and our vision shortsighted. Our reference points underestimate God's ability.

Paul is opening a window for light and fresh air.....not that it hasn't always been there......we have kept the shutters down and the window close......because the breathtaking promise of God threatens our dimly lit space.

Faith has loooong vision.....vision that penetrates implication.....vision that resists the fear of a flaming furnace and the growl and menacing lions teeth......vision that surrounds one with hope and gratitude for the immensely high calling we are called to.