Hidden Manna

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been meditating on 2 Kings for a while now. Maybe it is nothing. Maybe I don't understand the history behind it. All I know is that God doesn't seem too concerned with offending us. Sometimes I wonder what someone blind and eager to disprove and mock God thinks of passages like 2 Kings and many others. It is almost as if God gives them ammunition in attacking scripture. But we know His word says:
Matthew 11:2-6 KJV
[2] Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples, [3] And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? [4] Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: [5] The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. [6] And blessed is he , whosoever shall not be offended in me.

2 Kings 6:26-29 KJV
[26] And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king. [27] And he said, If the Lord do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress? [28] And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. [29] So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

Could the woman wailing be Isarel which rejected Christ, and now, for a season, for OUR benefit was blinded...the manna from heaven hidden? A child withheld until the fullness of the gentiles?

Deuteronomy 30:11-12 KJV

[11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. [12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Psalm 51:6 KJV

[6] Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV

[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom , which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Revelation 2:17 KJV

[17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Proverbs 28:12 KJV

[12] When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.

?? Is Christ the hidden child?

(Deuteronomy 28: 56-57)

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:17-18

We need the proper covering and we need our eyes anointed with the eyesalve of the Holy Ghost.

People among unbelievers and sometimes even from among believers will attack us because we speak what we see, what God has shown us. They haven't seen the same thing and they question us. Where did we get this from? What is it that we have? Hidden manna?

Yes, that which has been hidden is not completely hidden anymore from everyone. The Bible itself is a book of hidden manna from God. We have eaten from it, but then we read something new to us and we ask ourselves new questions; or someone else asks us questions about things we thought we already understood. How deep can we go? How high is God?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

That is how high He is, but have we not moved closer since we first believed? Even if the answer is, absolutely yes, the verses are still absolutely true because He is without limit. The only limit for us is the limitation we put on ourselves.

How much do we need to overcome to receive that hidden manna or more of it? How much of ourselves are we willing and/or able to give to God? What is it that we must overcome in order to receive such an increase?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been meditating on 2 Kings for a while now. Maybe it is nothing. Maybe I don't understand the history behind it. All I know is that God doesn't seem too concerned with offending us. Sometimes I wonder what someone blind and eager to disprove and mock God thinks of passages like 2 Kings and many others. It is almost as if God gives them ammunition in attacking scripture. But we know His word says:
Matthew 11:2-6 KJV
[2] Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples, [3] And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another? [4] Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: [5] The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. [6] And blessed is he , whosoever shall not be offended in me.

2 Kings 6:26-29 KJV
[26] And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king. [27] And he said, If the Lord do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress? [28] And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. [29] So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.

Could the woman wailing be Isarel which rejected Christ, and now, for a season, for OUR benefit was blinded...the manna from heaven hidden? A child withheld until the fullness of the gentiles?

Deuteronomy 30:11-12 KJV

[11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. [12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Psalm 51:6 KJV

[6] Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV

[7] But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom , which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Revelation 2:17 KJV

[17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Proverbs 28:12 KJV

[12] When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.

?? Is Christ the hidden child?

(Deuteronomy 28: 56-57)

Not only is God not worried about offending us, but is there anything we can do to take away from God? Do my sins take away from God? No. Many act as though our sins take something from God. Our sins take nothing away from God. They affect us, but they don't detract from God. God is not compromised by my sins.

Stranger

Reactions: Job and Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On possible offensive topics: the blessings and curses in Deuteronomy 28...

Deuteronomy 28:53-57 KJV
[53] And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee: [54] So that the man that is tender among you, and very delicate, his eye shall be evil toward his brother, and toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the remnant of his children which he shall leave: [55] So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates. [56] The tender and delicate woman among you, which would not adventure to set the sole of her foot upon the ground for delicateness and tenderness, her eye shall be evil toward the husband of her bosom, and toward her son, and toward her daughter, [57] And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.

Why did the LORD choose:

John 6:54-56 KJV
[54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

I realize His ways and thoughts are higher than ours but He is also never random in His plan. Like a body knitted and fit together, so are His ways. Every part useful.

It is interesting to note in Deuteronomy 28:26 God says:
[26] And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

Yet in Genesis 15:11 Abram drove them away...
[11] And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away. [12] And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.

The Philistine told David he would give his flesh to the fowls of the air, But God had other plans, and instead delivered the Philistine into Davids hand.
1 Samuel 17:44-46 KJV
[44] And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field. [45] Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. [46] This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

Raining flesh?

Psalm 78:27-31 KJV
[27] He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea: [28] And he let it fall in the midst of their camp, round about their habitations. [29] So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire; [30] They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths, [31] The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.

Revelation 19:16-18 KJV
[16] And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS . [17] And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; [18] That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

He is so complex...we can't even begin to grasp the fullness of the God we willingly and joyfully serve.

Last edited: