HILLSONG

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am conversant with the phenomenon of Hillsong and the various criticism leveled at it so I thought it might be an idea to start a thread about Hillsong and ask people to post actual evidence (not their ideas or prejudices) to get a perspective on the movement.

I do not want hearsay or theories, but actual evidence such as things you have experienced, seen, or been told by someone who attends Hillsong or has attended Hillsong.

I will start the ball rolling...

Judging by the studies I have done about cults, I believe that Hillsong is a cult.
A cult revolves around one person.
You are not allowed to make any criticism of the cult leader or the senior leaders.
The leaders always do what the cult leader says.
The cult leader is beyond reproach.
You cannot speak to the cult leader. You have to talk to underlings even if they are young enough to be your grandson.
It is not your ministry that promotes you. It is your allegiance to the cult leader.
The women in leadership are beyond reproach and cannot be questioned even if they preach things contrary to the Word of God, (which they often do).
What the cult leader preaches is always right.
There is no freedom to believe the truth.

Apart from my studies, I have been a member of two cults which I did not realize they were until I had joined them. After I had joined them and started seeing a trend I left. One voluntary and the other by secular law when the church had me banned because I questioned what a female leader said because it was complete balderdash.

This church employed an enforcer to remove people that did not submit to their authority. They threatened physical abuse and or calling the police to have me removed from the meeting.

Reactions: Stan B and Nancy
R

Rita

Really, I must have missed something over the years, I listen to their songs and use to listen to their sermons on tv .........thought they were just a big church in Australia that produced some brilliant worship songs. Definitely ‘ out of the loop ‘ .............

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Really, I must have missed something over the years, I listen to their songs and use to listen to their sermons on tv .........thought they were just a big church in Australia that produced some brilliant worship songs. Definitely ‘ out of the loop ‘ .............
@Rita Is Hillsong the same as the Gaither music? my wife went to a Gaither concert a while ago.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Rita Is Hillsong the same as the Gaither music? my wife went to a Gaither concert a while ago.

Nope, it's a lot more of a modernized contemporary kind of worship music.

How to put it, it does get influences from the pop music sound, but not an extreme pop sound if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not want hearsay or theories, but actual evidence such as things you have experienced, seen, or been told by someone who attends Hillsong or has attended Hillsong.
There are several critiques about Hillsong out there on the internet.

How Hillsong and Brian Houston are Destroying Christianity

Why I Don’t Sing the Songs of Hillsong and Jesus Culture

Why Hillsong Music is Dangerous For Your Church

Is Hillsong a biblically solid church?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never been to a Hillsong church, so I have no idea about that.

Some of their music is, to me, phenomenally beautiful with lyrics that are extremely Biblical, and that build faith. I listen to some of their songs most every day.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hearsay evidence?

Like, someone told me that they went to a Hillsong church and said it was . . .

Is that actual evidence?

What are we doing exactly?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @Rita I see it's apparently different from Gaither.

R

Rita

It’s great worship Farouk, but it would depend on whether you like modern worship songs ...I do xxxx
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you even bother to READ anything? I happen to love Hillsong.
Why the attitude? Don't you believe in kindness?

Can anyone please post the Hillsong lyrics that offend you? I have always enjoyed their music.

Last edited: