His name ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
did the angel speak English or Greek or why must His name be changed ? - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

WHO are we talking about here?
Neither God or angels "need " words...but obviously sometimes the 'use' words..in the language of the person they are speaking to.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Had to be English, anything else is all Greek to me.
default_025.gif

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can speak any language, for he created them all. and as messengers whatever language needed at that time it is accomplish.

now, if any language is used the message is conveyed. spoke or not.

Reactions: Job

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
WHO are we talking about here?
Neither God or angels "need " words...but obviously sometimes the 'use' words..in the language of the person they are speaking to.

it was spoken for the angel said His name - but did the angel speak in English or Greek - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it was spoken for the angel said His name - but did the angel speak in English or Greek - twinc

So...are you talking about Jacob wrestling here? You gave no scripture reference.

I doubt Jacob spoke either Greek or English....so I guess your post was just a joke . ;)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing to do with Jacob - see Lk 2:21 - twinc
this is correct, and please notice, he was so name before conceived in the womb. the name was "BEFORE" his conception. so the scripture is true, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I". and in that day he spoke, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins".

Reactions: Helen