Holding Out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter the size of the trial it’s always the same issue—waiting it out, so we can continue to grow in our trust and faith in God! One of the most important growth truths is the fact that God always “works all things together for good to them that love God” (Ro 8:28). So, regardless the type of difficulty, and whether or not we understand why we’re going through what we’re going through at the time, He is without fail causing it to benefit us, and continue to increase our faith in Him.

There’s no trial so small and none too big that God takes into account and “works” it out His way! Of all the spiritual exercises God puts us through, waiting patiently on Him in our trials exercises to endure the hardness of all trials. It is quite encouraging when we already know what to do in a trial—hold out, “be still” (Psa 46:10) and wait on God! His answer for us will result for the good of our faith; and our love for Him is commensurate with our faith in Him, because “faith operates by love” (Gal 5:6).

There’s nothing more effective for God’s guidance to us other than knowing we must wait on Him. This is the best time to trust Him and know He is using every little thing for His plans for us! We can do nothing, even if we tried, to interfere with His loving plans for us!

NC

Reactions: Pearl and Azim

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter the size of the trial it’s always the same issue—waiting it out, so we can continue to grow in our trust and faith in God! One of the most important growth truths is the fact that God always “works all things together for good to them that love God” (Ro 8:28). So, regardless the type of difficulty, and whether or not we understand why we’re going through what we’re going through at the time, He is without fail causing it to benefit us, and continue to increase our faith in Him.

There’s no trial so small and none too big that God takes into account and “works” it out His way! Of all the spiritual exercises God puts us through, waiting patiently on Him in our trials exercises to endure the hardness of all trials. It is quite encouraging when we already know what to do in a trial—hold out, “be still” (Psa 46:10) and wait on God! His answer for us will result for the good of our faith; and our love for Him is commensurate with our faith in Him, because “faith operates by love” (Gal 5:6).

There’s nothing more effective for God’s guidance to us other than knowing we must wait on Him. This is the best time to trust Him and know He is using every little thing for His plans for us! We can do nothing, even if we tried, to interfere with His loving plans for us!

NC
Good word. I have a deep and hard experience with this "waiting" thing. It overcomes the strongest man, unless attention is paid to what you're saying. When all hope appears to be lost, most of us surrender, and become careless, wandering away to places where there might be more hope. I've done this.

But now I want to hold out to the end. Even if it seems God has completely abandoned me I don't want to abandon Him and his principles of righteousness. We need to make up our mind from the start. We may learn that we didn't have it all right, and may need to make adjustments. But some things should never be given up, namely our love for God.

Reactions: Pearl

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if it seems God has completely abandoned me
Often God does allows it to appear an abandonment, but of course this is not possible (no reason to abandon). I image there are those who may still not realize that it's just God putting us in such a position so we can learn there can never be a reason why He might do such a thing. Jesus, to express the depth of humanity felt abandoned by the Father, but this was just His human side. Of course there was no reason for God to abandon Him (though many have non-scriptural reasons for it), but being put in such a situation anyone would feel the same.

"My God, my God ..." - This expression is one denoting intense suffering. It has been difficult to understand in what sense Jesus was “forsaken by God.” It is certain that God approved his work. It is certain that he was innocent. He had done nothing to forfeit the favor of God. As his own Son - holy, harmless, undefiled, and obedient - God still loved him. In either of these senses God could not have forsaken him. But the expression was probably used in reference to the following circumstances, namely:

1. His great bodily sufferings on the cross, greatly aggravated by his previous scourging, and by the want of sympathy, and by the revilings of his enemies on the cross. A person suffering thus might address God as if he was forsaken, or given up to extreme anguish. -Albert Barnes (1798-1870)

Everything God does and allows is for the sake of strengthening our faith in Him, which increases our love to Him; for "faith works by love" (Gal 5:6).

Always appreciate your replies and encouragement Brother!