Holiness in Clay

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Potter takes the lump of clay, and separates it into two lumps. With one lump, he will make the standard wares. But with the other lump, he will form that into something special. He has a particular item in mind to make, for a particular use, and now this lump of clay, it's been set aside, solely for his own special use.

This shows the meaning of "holy", "sanctified", "sacred", these all refer to the New Testament idea of Hagios, holy. Set aside for God's use.

He begins to work the clay, but the design is intricate, detailed, special, and he takes just as long as is needed. A veritable lifetime! And though the work is in process, the lump is holy.

2 Corinthians 4:6-7 KJV
6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the clay, he is unfinished, unformed, unusable, just a lump of clay!! Oh, he can see a bit of shape here, a little design work there, but that part is all dried out! And this here is cracked! And there, no one can ever do anything with that!! I'm such a mess! No way.

The Potter continues His work of love.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the clay, he is unfinished, unformed, unusable, just a lump of clay!! Oh, he can see a bit of shape here, a little design work there, but that part is all dried out! And this here is cracked! And there, no one can ever do anything with that!! I'm such a mess! No way.

Sorry, just couldn't pass it up!

The Potter continues His work of love.

Much love!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still have Pokey on my keyring, but Gumby was unfortunately lost about 6 months ago. My wife has never mentioned his absence. She found him slightly creepy. I suppose that was because of how I used to pose him, and the things I would attribute to him. It was fun, but now he's gone, and it's over.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gumby killer! :D
Yeah, perhaps you are spot on as to why your wife might be creeped out by him, lol...poor Gumby.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't worn this shirt in a number of weeks I don't think, just happened to put it on today. Little did I know!

:)
Hahaha...weeks huh? And yes, little did you know! I have an Eyore sweatshirt :cool: