Hollywood and Hidden Symbolism in your Face

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SelectThis!

AlephBet - The Strong House of God
Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
What do you see in the video? What did I miss? What did I get wrong?

One of my favorite shows on TV that uses Biblical Symbolism is the show Lost. If you watched the series, you may have missed the hidden symbolism. I would like to show you what I see. Here is the video clip to watch:

VIDEO: Jacob (Light) and Esau (unnamed Darkness).

Baptism - If you have read any of my posts here, you will see that I believe baptism is our involution into life so we can then evolve. It is an ancient concept that is outlined in relation to Elijah / John the Baptist. In the show, the character Jacob is personified as the Angel of Light. The unnamed character Esau is personified as the Angel of Darkness. They are locked on the Island as children, unaware of why they are there. When their mother (personification of Sophia) lets them know why they are there, the fight each other. Jacob realizes the bigger picture. Esau does not. The ships come and go. "The come; they go. It always ends the same." Jacob replies, "it only ends once. The rest is just progress." In this, you see the reason for evil to be trapped on an island. For the residents, it is an alternate reality to the real world. Like Esau, they are trying to overcome the bondage to the island. They leave when the lessons are learned, yet Esau is still trapped.

The Island - Like our Island here in space, the island in the show is a locked bit of land on the water.

The Ship in the video - There are various people that come to the Island for different reasons. Some are malevolent and some are there to help others and seek truth. Some are there to take advantage of the potential of the Island for greed and gain. Jacob brings many to the Island for his own reasons.

Weaving the Tapestry - At the beginning of the video, Jacob is weaving wool into a robe or tapestry. The symbolism on the cloth is of the Sun God Helios and symbolic of other cultures as well. Why is a Shepherd weaving a robe? In the Christian faith, the Shepherd gathers the wool of the sheep season after season (again, Baptism). He then washes the wool and makes a robe. That robe is mentioned here in Revelations.

Revelation 6

11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.

Eating the Fish - Jacob has been fishing (for men) and tries to offer some to Esau. Again, this is a veiled symbol of the Christian faith of the church as fishers of men.

The Beast and Man symbolism at the end - At the end, the cross between Egyptian man and the beast is symbolism from Paganism. He is holding the Ankh. Again, this is symbolism for what man is. We are part divine and part material beast. The beast is what we overcome. This is the temple Jacob occupies. Symbolically, this is the Son of God and the Loaf of bread. We are involved with the Shepherd. The point is overcoming the beast (Selfishness).

The Stone and Tree - Jacob rests on the Tree. Esau rests on the movable stone (lesser stone / Petros / Peter). Petra is the foundation stone.

"They come, the fight, they destroy. It always ends the same." "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

Of course, the one ending is the final judgment. Between that time, men are being refined by the experience. Throughout, Esau is looking for a loophole to find a way off the island.

Debate: What did I miss and what did I get wrong. Please, no Ad Hominem. Keep me out of this and simply watch the video and add something of value.

Lost has many of these clips that can be outlined. Post a clip if you have a favorite.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
SelectThis ....

first you said ...... What did I miss? What did I get wrong?

then you said ....... Please, no Ad Hominem. Keep me out of this

then you said ...... What did I miss and what did I get wrong
SelectThis! said:
Post a clip if you have a favorite.
Times like this you remind me of my favorite "Hollywood" video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLQ928VhyxM

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Arnie Manitoba said:
SelectThis ....

first you said ...... What did I miss? What did I get wrong?

then you said ....... Please, no Ad Hominem. Keep me out of this

then you said ...... What did I miss and what did I get wrong

Times like this you remind me of my favorite "Hollywood" video
Scripture is a mirror. Truth is a double-edged sword. One person can look at the verses below with fondness, while another may look with dread. Either way, scripture is a reflection of what the light hits.

How do you see these verses?

Galatians 5

7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in the Lord that you willtake no other view, and the one who is troubling you will bear the penalty, whoever he is. 11 But if I, brothers,[b] still preach[c] circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed. 12 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!

13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.

We're all sinners. These words apply to us all.

I'll pray that God humbles you heart and brings you to a saving knowledge of his Word. God bless.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
SelectThis! said:
I'll pray that God humbles you heart and brings you to a saving knowledge of his Word. God bless.
SelectThis!, how would you feel if someone here said the above quote about you?

SelectThis!

Nov 14, 2013
On the Threshold
Dodo_David said:
SelectThis!, how would you feel if someone here said the above quote about you?
That's a good question. If the tables were turned, and I followed someone around a Christian forum trying to derail threads, start quarrels, use harsh words, and stir up anger, I believe I would be convicted of my behavior. I would apologize and repent. I assume I would draw on the verses posted and then read the verses below. As long as this user wishes to disregard God's word, I will continue giving the appropriate answers form scripture.

2 Timothy 2:24
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil…

2 Timothy 2:23-24
Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Romans 12:19
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Proverbs 3:30
Do not contend with a man for no reason, when he has done you no harm.

Getting back to the thread topic, here is an interesting part of the thread above that relates: VIDEO: Jacob (Light) and Esau (unnamed Darkness).