Holy Spirit......Christians ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
How does claiming to possess the H/S make anyone a Christian when John was filled with the Holy Spirit from his mother's womb[Lk 1:13] but was not a Christian for the least Christian was greater than he[Lk 7:28] - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How does claiming to possess the H/S make anyone a Christian when John was filled with the Holy Spirit from his mother's womb[Lk 1:13] but was not a Christian for the least Christian was greater than he[Lk 7:28] - twinc

Never in my life have I ever heard anyone ever say that "they are possessed by the Holy Spirit" what world do you live in? o_O

EDIT:-
(bbyrd009 told me once how to strike through...but I have forgotten how )

Well slap me sideways ...I misread the opener...JOB gleefully pointed it out to me. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth, pia and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never in my life have I ever heard anyone ever say that "they are possessed by the Holy Spirit" what world do you live in? o_O

Possess the Holy Spirit, not possessed by the Holy Spirit. :)

Should I be concerned that I understood twinc's post? :eek:

Reactions: Truth and Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats not exactly what verse 28 says... At least not according to the KJV. Perhaps another version says it a bit differently.

Saying John the Bapyist is was not a Christian. .. I don't kbow about that. He leaped for joy while in his mother's womb when he heard the news. His ministry pointed to Jesus. He faultered a bit afterwards but I never read Jesus complaining about that.

I say he was one and became one 6 months before he was born and 9 months before Jesus was born.

What the verse in Luke 7 says is that John was the greatest human prophet ever. But Jesus those that are in heaven are greater than he is.

Jesus gave John great accolades. Critics didn't think too much of him but Jesus did. So on earth and in the flesh up to that point... John was the best. Better than Moses, David, Isaiah. Where Peter, Paul and the Apostles rank is not known and not worth exploring. The point is that as great as John was on earth, it was much better to be in heaven.

I can understand the point of view that we as Christians now sit in heavenly places and we have received what John said was coming. So yea... Kinda correct in saying we have it better. Yet I suspect John is in paradise now. So he isn't the least anymore.

Reactions: Helen

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Thats not exactly what verse 28 says... At least not according to the KJV. Perhaps another version says it a bit differently.

Saying John the Bapyist is was not a Christian. .. I don't kbow about that. He leaped for joy while in his mother's womb when he heard the news. His ministry pointed to Jesus. He faultered a bit afterwards but I never read Jesus complaining about that.

I say he was one and became one 6 months before he was born and 9 months before Jesus was born.

What the verse in Luke 7 says is that John was the greatest human prophet ever. But Jesus those that are in heaven are greater than he is.

Jesus gave John great accolades. Critics didn't think too much of him but Jesus did. So on earth and in the flesh up to that point... John was the best. Better than Moses, David, Isaiah. Where Peter, Paul and the Apostles rank is not known and not worth exploring. The point is that as great as John was on earth, it was much better to be in heaven.

I can understand the point of view that we as Christians now sit in heavenly places and we have received what John said was coming. So yea... Kinda correct in saying we have it better. Yet I suspect John is in paradise now. So he isn't the least anymore.

I thank you for your kind consideration and interpretation but imho like Nicodemus any non Christian must be born again as a Christian - twinc

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Well ~ how can someone claim to be a Christian without the Holy Spirit dwelling within them???o_O IDK. Who would want to?

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Well ~ how can someone claim to be a Christian without the Holy Spirit dwelling within them???o_O IDK. Who would want to?
I can't even imagine that. To read His Word without the Holy Spirit... I remember when my love affair with His Word began... It was like watching the words of His Word float before my eyes down the river of the water of life...

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Corinthians 11
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Reactions: ScottA

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

exactly - but they do - thousands of them and then in blasphemy claim indwelling, inspiration and guidance by the H/S - TWINC
2 Corinthians 11
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

I can't even imagine that. To read His Word without the Holy Spirit... I remember when my love affair with His Word began... It was like watching the words of His Word float before my eyes down the river of the water of life...
2 Corinthians 11

2 Corinthians 11

exactly - for by their fruits you will know them - so now the centuries have come and gone so what are the fruits/works of satanic and human devils in blasphemy attributed to the H/S as indwelt inspiration and guidance, with no hope of repentence and so unforgiveable = fruits such as division, dissent, disagreements, disputes, disharmony, contradictions, confusion and chaos - imho - twinc

Reactions: ScottA and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha!! Darn Job, you got me good! :D :D :) ;)

I've been busted on more than one occasion doing the same thing. I've learned to overcome these embarrassing moments by closely examining the post before hitting the reply button. I still catch myself misreading a post here and there. It happens.

Proverbs 27
17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so now the centuries have come and gone so what are the fruits/works of satanic and human devils in blasphemy attributed to the H/S as indwelt inspiration and guidance, with no hope of repentence and so unforgiveable

There is always hope.

Ephesians 5:8, For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Amen! There is always hope...

d5c81f2225c7144fd93116d66b66cfcc.jpg

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
There is always hope.

Ephesians 5:8, For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

do doubt there is hope but not where there is no repentance for the unforgiveable
sin of satanic inspiration being attributed to the Holy Spirit - twinc

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If it were impossible, we would not be Christians today! something happened that made us turn around. May that something happen for others today! :)

nothing has happened - the centuries have come and gone and Christians have not turned around but gone on and on and it seems are highly unlikely to repent and turn around[Matt 12:31] - twinc

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
nothing has happened - the centuries have come and gone and Christians have not turned around but gone on and on and it seems are highly unlikely to repent and turn around[Matt 12:31] - twinc

Sorry, I thought we were talking about non-believers coming into Christ. Christian's who are living like the world have either not understood the salvation message or believe in OSAS theology. There are probably more reasons but I think that these are the most sticky out!!!o_O

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I thought we were talking about non-believers coming into Christ. Christian's who are living like the world have either not understood the salvation message or believe in OSAS theology. There are probably more reasons but I think that these are the most sticky out!!!o_O

it seems you have not understood what is involved in "the unforgiveable sin" - see my reply at post 15 as above - twinc