Holy Spirit - Example of people receiving gifts - Truth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

This is information about the truth of people being moved by the Spirit of the Lord.

Seventy Elders

“Then the Lord came down in the cloud, and spoke to him, and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and placed the same upon the seventy elders; and it happened, when the Spirit rested upon them, that they prophesied, although they never did so again.”

‭‭Numbers‬ ‭11:25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Balaam

“And Balaam raised his eyes, and saw Israel encamped according to their tribes; and the Spirit of God came upon him.”

‭‭Numbers‬ ‭24:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Othniel

“The Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he judged Israel. He went out to war, and the Lord delivered Cushan-Rishathaim king of Mesopotamia into his hand; and his hand prevailed over Cushan-Rishathaim.”

‭‭Judges‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Gideon

“But the Spirit of the Lord came upon Gideon; then he blew the trumpet, and the Abiezrites gathered behind him.”

‭‭Judges‬ ‭6:34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Samson

“And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he tore the lion apart as one would have torn apart a young goat, though he had nothing in his hand. But he did not tell his father or his mother what he had done.”

‭‭Judges‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon him mightily, and he went down to Ashkelon and killed thirty of their men, took their apparel, and gave the changes of clothing to those who had explained the riddle. So his anger was aroused, and he went back up to his father’s house.”

‭‭Judges‬ ‭14:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Saul

“When they came there to the hill, there was a group of prophets to meet him; then the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.”

‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Then the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard this news, and his anger was greatly aroused.”

‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

David

“Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.”

‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭16:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Sauls Messengers

“Then Saul sent messengers to take David. And when they saw the group of prophets prophesying, and Samuel standing as leader over them, the Spirit of God came upon the messengers of Saul, and they also prophesied.”

‭‭I Samuel‬ ‭19:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Azariah

“Now the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded.”

‭‭II Chronicles‬ ‭15:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Simeon

“And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

In Christ,

Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: GracefulWarrior