Homeless but cheerful....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got to talking about a homeless person in another topic, so thought I would start a separate topic.

There used to be an older homeless man in downtown Los Angeles. He was always so very cheerful and would say God bless you to everyone walking by. Some would ignore him but he was still pleasant.

I can't remember now if he was missing both legs or just one leg. But he would sit in his wheelchair calling out cheerfully to the pedestrians. He always made me feel better when I went by him.

I would talk with him a bit. He was a veteran.

After awhile I didn't see him for the longest time.... always wondered what happened to him. Finally he showed up. He said he had been ill with pneumonia. He also said an organization had got him a nice little apartment. I was glad for him, never saw him again...but sure remember him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got to talking about a homeless person in another topic, so thought I would start a separate topic.

There used to be an older homeless man in downtown Los Angeles. He was always so very cheerful and would say God bless you to everyone walking by. Some would ignore him but he was still pleasant.

I can't remember now if he was missing both legs or just one leg. But he would sit in his wheelchair calling out cheerfully to the pedestrians. He always made me feel better when I went by him.

After awhile I didn't see him for the longest time.... always wondered what happened to him. Finally he showed up. He said he had been ill with pneumonia. He also said an organization had got him a nice little apartment. I was glad for him, never saw him again...but sure remember him.
Perhaps you "entertained an angel"!! Some folks just have a wonderful, cheerful and positive spirit abut them, no matter what's going on. That's a happy story, thanks for sharing!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Give God the glory!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My brother in law was homeless. He had mental retardation to some degree. He would get an SSI check but couldn't comprehend to manage it. So he was often homeless. He passed away recently from a brain tumor. It's was God's mercy on him.

We have other homeless people around here. Most are very unpleasant and many are drug addicts and criminals. Terrible crowd. But some have just been drunks and they are usually more pleasant. It's really terrible to see the effects of drugs on the homeless.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone else have an encounter with a homeless person that was inspiring?

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Debp. I was homeless for three and a half years and can say for sure there are a lot of inspiring homeless people out there; at least where I was. Without a doubt there are a lot of jerks and grifters; but good people too. When I first became homeless, I was in a new city and had never been on the streets before. There was this homeless brother in Christ who I'll never forget. He always had a smile on his face. He took me under his wing and showed me how to navigate the situation. We had a lot of long discussions about the Lord and His word. There were also others along the way who were very inspiring.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Debp. I was homeless for three and a half years and can say for sure there are a lot of inspiring homeless people out there; at least where I was. Without a doubt there are a lot of jerks and grifters; but good people too. When I first became homeless, I was in a new city and had never been on the streets before. There was this homeless brother in Christ who I'll never forget. He always had a smile on his face. He took me under his wing and showed me how to navigate the situation. We had a lot of long discussions about the Lord and His word. There were also others along the way who were very inspiring.

Sorry for your homelessness back then but so wonderful you met a kind, helpful Christian brother to help you.