Homosexual Church Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had the strangest dream this morning, though I'm just getting the chance to post about it now. Maybe this came up in my dreams because we'd been discussing a vision recently that says there will eventually be a homosexual Christian congregation in nearly every major city in America. There are already over 8,000 LGBT-affirming congregations in North America alone.

Anyway, I'm posting to ask how everyone would respond to the following line of preaching. In the dream, this homosexual minister was trying to convince me from scripture that I should actually try the lifestyle. I had zero interest, but I was trying to be polite so as to reach him with the truth. But suddenly the scene changed and I was in the middle of this sparsely-membered congregation where he was now preaching. The message he was preaching centered around Acts 14:27 I believe, and how God had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles, who (by insinuation) were practicing homosexuality. He then turned to the congregation and asked, "Should we not then open the door to everyone?" or in other words be all-inclusive. He was using this message as a defense for homosexuals to be admitted into the body of Christ yet be accepted for practicing their lifestyle without need of repentance.

Who knows if they will use such an argument. Maybe they are already. But the question is: How would you respond to this line of argument, and/or what do you believe would be the best way to counter it and expose it for being false (if you do indeed believe it to be false).

There are no wrong or right answers here. Just curious to see what responses I would get. I know what mine would be, but I'll withhold it for now.

Blessings in Christ.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a wild dream! Sounds Looney. But in this day and age... It may happen. Bunch of nut jobs named Bruce Jenner "woman of the year" when he wasn't even a woman for a whole year!

I believe in Grace and I believe Grace covers the sin of homosexuality. But I believe it's still a sin. So I am not going to condemn the LGT community. But don't distort the truth. Rely on Grace, but don't distort the truth.

Sadly, they wont.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that verse doesnt work since homosexuality is sin. It isnt something that is just an old testament law thing like not eating pork. It is an abomination to the Lord.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now homosexuals are welcome in our church as lonng as they know we preach against it and do not condone a homosexual lifestyle. If either church I went to does start condoning it, I would have to leave.

Reactions: Stan B and amadeus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a wild dream! Sounds Looney. But in this day and age... It may happen. Bunch of nut jobs named Bruce Jenner "woman of the year" when he wasn't even a woman for a whole year!

LoL! Maybe he was such an astounding woman that they gave him time accrued. Or maybe it was like one of those honorary degrees they give people at Universities.

Better watch myself here. This could turn a little crass if we're not careful.

Reactions: FHII and Willie T

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, guys. This is an apologetics thread. That means you're supposed to give a scriptural defense for what you would say or do.

Thanks for the responses.

Reactions: Mayflower

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had the strangest dream this morning, though I'm just getting the chance to post about it now. Maybe this came up in my dreams because we'd been discussing a vision recently that says there will eventually be a homosexual Christian congregation in nearly every major city in America. There are already over 8,000 LGBT-affirming congregations in North America alone.

Anyway, I'm posting to ask how everyone would respond to the following line of preaching. In the dream, this homosexual minister was trying to convince me from scripture that I should actually try the lifestyle. I had zero interest, but I was trying to be polite so as to reach him with the truth. But suddenly the scene changed and I was in the middle of this sparsely-membered congregation where he was now preaching. The message he was preaching centered around Acts 14:27 I believe, and how God had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles, who (by insinuation) were practicing homosexuality. He then turned to the congregation and asked, "Should we not then open the door to everyone?" or in other words be all-inclusive. He was using this message as a defense for homosexuals to be admitted into the body of Christ yet be accepted for practicing their lifestyle without need of repentance.

Who knows if they will use such an argument. Maybe they are already. But the question is: How would you respond to this line of argument, and/or what do you believe would be the best way to counter it and expose it for being false (if you do indeed believe it to be false).

There are no wrong or right answers here. Just curious to see what responses I would get. I know what mine would be, but I'll withhold it for now.

Blessings in Christ.

I know this is about gay right's, so to speak, BUT, hear is a question that kinda follows the same line!
What if Your Pastor was openly having an Affair with another woman??
Would you still want to give any credence to His Preaching?
God Said, and we need to hold to what He has Said. Stand up for the Word, draw a line in the sand and stand!
Salvation is for all who are willing to repent, and Go their way and try to sin no more!
Personally, I would not attend any assembly that allowed such peoples to be a part of their Body!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that verse doesnt work since homosexuality is sin. It isnt something that is just an old testament law thing like not eating pork. It is an abomination to the Lord.
Proverbs 16:5 KJV
[5] Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord : though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

It’s amazing how many things the Lord finds abominable ?

Tecarta Bible

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, guys. This is an apologetics thread. That means you're supposed to give a scriptural defense for what you would say or do.

Thanks for the responses.

Looking them all up for a defense is what I dont like about apologetics. with the oh so fun part of having your entire belief system picked apart and evaluated. But I guess it is why it is rewarding too. I don't want to be deceived, and sadly I have been before on a few occasions. So I'll give it a whack.

First off I would say that God made woman out of man in the most intimate way. Something homosexuality could never imitate:

The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him. So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.
Genesis 2:20‭-‬25 ESV

But also, the Bible talks about those who practice homosexuality as defiling themselves in 1 Timothy:

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1 Timothy 1:8‭-‬10 KJV

So my thinking is the Bible says homosexuality is contrary to sound doctrine. So if we are to live in fellowship with God, a lifestyle of homosexuality should not be exercised. And as Christians, we shouldnt condone it...

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking them all up for a defense is what I dont like about apologetics. with the oh so fun part of having your entire belief system picked apart and evaluated. But I guess it is why it is rewarding too. I don't want to be deceived, and sadly I have been before on a few occasions. So I'll give it a whack.

First off I would say that God made woman out of man in the most intimate way. Something homosexuality could never imitate:

The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him. So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

But also, the Bible talks about those who practice homosexuality as defiling themselves in 1 Timothy:

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

So my thinking is the Bible says homosexuality is contrary to sound doctrine. So if we are to live in fellowship with God, a lifestyle of homosexuality should not be exercised. And as Christians, we shouldnt condone it...
Also not too be in fellowship with adulterous.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, not sure what you meant that there is no wrong or right answer, because i would unequivocally affirm that any sort of approbation to such a Church practice, would be the wrong answer!
Homosexuality is wrong, there are enough didactic, explicit and implicit verses throughout the Bible that condemn the practice, and there is not one, on any level, except by 'insinuation'(sarcasm), that support it.
God created them Man & Women, and there was a clear and uncompromising distinction between them. One was made for the other, one was biologically different than the other, one was the head of the other, one was cursed differently than the other after the fall, one was not allowed to have authority over the other, one can get pregnant while the other can't.
All life on earth, as we know it, subsists due to gender. There is a symbiotic and complimentarian relationship between the two, which the epitome of this, is the fact that only the two different genders, can engender the miracle of life.

Didactic: Capital punishment to those who commit such a crime (Lev 18:22, 20:13)
Explicit: It was an abomination to the Lord; Paul denounced it in his epistles, Jesus glorified the heterosexual relationship (Rom 1:26-27, 1Cor. 6:9-11, Matt 19:3)
Implicit: even Lot, and the men of Ephraim/Benjamin, thought it better to have women raped by men, then to have men raped by men. (Gen. 19:4-8, Jug. 19:22-25)

I personally, as far as the Church goes, would not allow by any means, consent to the act, or an overt display, whether concertedly promoting it or not. I know that we're all sinners, and that the appropriate attitude towards sin is shame, not indifference or advertisement. I wouldn't allow in the Church, a pot smoker to wear a T-Shirt with a leaf on it, or smell like pot. Or, sleazy clothes, or alcohol on one's breath, or vulgar speech, etc... I know that we are all battling our demons, therefore, keep it locked up. In other words, homosexuals, like any other sinner (like myself), are allowed in the Church, but we leave our sins in the closet and not expose them to others, so as not to influence a brother, or give either a bad report or false impression about Christians. We deal with our sins in the appropriate time and place, in the hope to eradicate them, including all sexual deviations and aberrations, ...not to expose, accept or condone.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Said, and we need to hold to what He has Said. Stand up for the Word, draw a line in the sand and stand!
Salvation is for all who are willing to repent, and Go their way and try to sin no more!

I agree. But now again, this is an apologetics thread. So I am looking for scriptural support, i.e. specific scriptural passages you would use for your arguments and responses to such people.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Knowing what they teach, I could play Devil's advocate here to get you thinking. But I'll leave that alone : ) You're right. Dealing with apologetics can be a pain sometimes. This thread is sort of an exercise in scriptural debate on the homosexual issue specifically.

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, not sure what you meant that there is no wrong or right answer, because i would unequivocally affirm that any sort of approbation to such a Church practice, would be the wrong answer!

Knowing the forum, I was assuming that I wouldn't be getting any approbations, so I put it that way : ). But you are correct. I suppose there could be what I would consider some wrong answers after all.
Didactic: Capital punishment to those who commit such a crime (Lev 18:22, 20:13)

I liked your last paragraph, btw. About this, what would you answer to their argument that such commandments were given because of the culture of the times, but what was unacceptable then has become acceptable now according to modern culture?
Implicit: even Lot, and the men of Ephraim/Benjamin, thought it better to have women raped by men, then to have men raped by men. (Gen. 19:4-8, Jug. 19:22-25)

And what of their argument that the Genesis account specifically deals only with the sin of homosexual rape, not loving, monogamous homosexual relationships/marriages?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I believe in Grace and I believe Grace covers the sin of homosexuality. But I believe it's still a sin. So I am not going to condemn the LGT community. But don't distort the truth. Rely on Grace, but don't distort the truth.

Sadly, they wont.
The Kingdom of God does not have homosexuals in it at all, that's a Biblical fact and Grace only abounds in the Kingdom of God truly.
Sodomites have no Grace or place in the Kingdom of God in fact. as they can not enter into. no such person exist in the Kingdom of God. as such can not enter into Heaven in fact. because they are an abomination to God.
Mans works grace will cover it up :confused: but God does not, as God wiped such people out in the flood in fact.
Jesus said that he was not of this world ? what new age so called Christians are claiming is that they are abiding in this world and that they are swimming in with the filth and claiming that to be grace, but fact is that that is not the Biblical definition of Grace at all.

Satan is all about deceptions, oh a man is now claiming to be a woman :rolleyes:? that is a work of Satan if I ever see one ! this type of rubbish is insane to go along with any such rubbish and it attacks the dignity of all woman truly when a man makes such a claim regardless, any man claiming to be a woman is abomination to God it's an insult to Gods creation in fact.

We can see the works of Satan clearly at hand, I lie is a lie deception is deception and the works of Satan try's to create deceptions. don't be fooled ! because all will be called to account. so if one runs with such deceptions one will be condemned to Hell, because that's where such people belong. it's the word of God that I abide in and not mans works.
If I was with the world I would let such go and join in with all the atheist the Media and the Political whores that reject God. you can clearly see there works are not worthy of God, so why abide is such with them at all.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. But now again, this is an apologetics thread. So I am looking for scriptural support, i.e. specific scriptural passages you would use for your arguments and responses to such people.

OK, Genesis 19:8-11
key verse - 11- And they struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they became weary trying to find the door.
I would let them know that! living this type of lifestyle, is the same as being blind! And that they will never find the doorway to the Kingdom being disobedient to what God has declared a Sin!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, Genesis 19:8-11
key verse - 11- And they struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they became weary trying to find the door.
I would let them know that! living this type of lifestyle, is the same as being blind! And that they will never find the doorway to the Kingdom being disobedient to what God has declared a Sin!

:)

Ok, well keep in mind here that I am not defending the homosexual-affirming position by any stretch. But I do know what arguments they would likely use, and here they would again remind you that this entire narrative was about those practicing rape (which they acknowledge to be a sin), not about people who were practicing loving, monogamous (homosexual) relationships, which they teach scripture supposedly condones.