homosexuality and ethics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think homosexuality is wrong only because God/the bible says it's wrong and I think God made the the male/female anatomy differently for a reason, to show that it's wrong but other than that, I feel sorry for homosexuals to have to deal with something they can't control, it could be a chemical thing, but just like pedophiles can't control what they like, I feel sorry for that too because I think there are nice pedophiles who genuinely are attracted to children or teens but can't have them. I think there are also many nice homosexuals. :( perplexed
(by the way, I'm not homosexual or a pedophile)
What is the right Christian thought?

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think homosexuality is wrong only because God/the bible says it's wrong and I think God made the the male/female anatomy differently for a reason, to show that it's wrong but other than that, I feel sorry for homosexuals to have to deal with something they can't control, it could be a chemical thing, but just like pedophiles can't control what they like, I feel sorry for that too because I think there are nice pedophiles who genuinely are attracted to children or teens but can't have them. I think there are also many nice homosexuals. :( perplexed
(by the way, I'm not homosexual or a pedophile)
Don't be fooled, homosexuality is a mental disease and they are sexual deviants, even preying on kids.

Something definitely wrong with you saying stuff defending Pedophiles, a song comes to mind when I think of pedophiles, the lyrics are Death, the only solution.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@thelord's_pearl , could we differentiate between adults who are in consensual relationships and adults who prey on children for their own sexual gratification, please? A member of my family was a victim of one those predators, so I cannot be objective about this issue. My sympathies are with the children, and the kindest feelings I can have for the perpetrators is to pray they seek psychiatric help for their sickness. And that they turn to Christ, because they really need Jesus.

Now I need to go back and read what Jesus said about forgiveness.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't be fooled, homosexuality is a mental disease and they are sexual deviants, even preying on kids.

Something definitely wrong with you saying stuff defending Pedophiles, a song comes to mind when I think of pedophiles, the lyrics are Death, the only solution.

We are to love those who hate us, to convict them of sin or to bring judgement upon them.

We can hate the sin but really do have to seek to LOVE the sinner.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think homosexuality is wrong only because God/the bible says it's wrong and I think God made the the male/female anatomy differently for a reason, to show that it's wrong but other than that, I feel sorry for homosexuals to have to deal with something they can't control... I think there are also many nice homosexuals.

I of course know a few gays and lesbians, including a member of my family, people I work with, and members of my church. The Christian ones love Jesus. I don't want to know what goes on in their bedrooms. Nor do I need to worry about their sins; that's between them and God, and I have plenty of sins of my own to worry about (including sins of a sexual nature).

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to love those who hate us, to convict them of sin or to bring judgement upon them.

We can hate the sin but really do have to seek to LOVE the sinner.
I don't agree with that statement, loving the sinner would be loving the sin he or she committed, that's liberal talk.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't agree with that statement, loving the sinner would be loving the sin he or she committed, that's liberal talk.

Test yourself. Just how many of your colleagues, neighbours, family etc are blatent sinners.
How do you interact with them?

Do you know what ' Love the sinnerbut hate the sin ' means?

It is not about adopting a homosexul life style or inviting all the junkies over to do drugs etc etc

I is about treating them with respect as people made in the image of God.
It is about talking to them, offering help to live, help to get off drugs, to change.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Test yourself. Just how many of your colleagues, neighbours, family etc are blatent sinners.

It is not about adopting a homosexul life style or inviting all the junkies over to do drugs etc etc

It is about talking to them, offering help to live, help to get off drugs, to change.

It's primarily about loving them, not judging them.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

More liberal trash talk.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, being homosexual or a pedophile doesn't mean your whole person is bad so we love people as ourself and hate the sin 'cause guess what? What if we were born that way, we'd want others to love us too, in spite of our sin, it doesn't mean either of these things that you're a bad person. You can be a pedophile and know it's wrong and not act on it while also still respecting the child or teen.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Respect the idiot ? is that the game play !

Look I know a best mate who from grade 6 or so was not the sharpest tool in the shed, but as he got older he got more stupid, from the age of 19 he started on smoking dope ! back in the day I did not know he was an compulsive obsessive ? no such thing was understood back in them days, but such a person should never drink or smoke taking drugs period ! but you know what, things such as safety nets should not be in a sense because such people think oh well I will be right ! their is a safety net, so they have little regard for self or others as all will be fine ?
But if it was Law to say if we catch anyone using drugs the Law will shoot you directly ? zero tolerance ! I think a lot of people would not take the chance.
If one brake into others home or steals car etc, get caught, you get shot ! zero tolerance !
Now who does drugs or steals ? they have no respect for themselves or others in fact, not to mention zero tolerance for the Law.
They have no respect !

Now even I may think such is a bit harsh ! but what about duty to society ? do we disregard abuse ?

Someone who is selling drugs that cause such misery ? they the problems and cause and do kill ? is serious !

So that mate of mine was a dupe running and selling drugs when he lived down in Sydney with the Hells Angles. he came back a mess nearly dead and I said what he was ! and he did not like that at all, he wanted to fight me but he knew he would loose, and screamed at me that he was helping them ? but after some years he knows that he was so wrong ! but people on such drugs do not know what they are truly doing. one has to understand people like that, were they truly are at ? my wife seen a co worker get shot in the face with a shotgun at work, her co worker looked at the druged up man the wrong way, so he shot him.

So who is in the wrong ? Society !

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, being homosexual or a pedophile doesn't mean your whole person is bad so we love people as ourself and hate the sin 'cause guess what? What if we were born that way, we'd want others to love us too, in spite of our sin, it doesn't mean either of these things that you're a bad person. You can be a pedophile and know it's wrong and not act on it while also still respecting the child or teen.
Seems like you live in a fantasy world thinking like that, would you trust your kids around pedophiles who supposedly control themselves?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly. You can be loving to your enemies and not support what they are doing. I in no way agree with anyone who says we are to hate those who sin (who are identified by their sin and are enslaved to it because they do not know Jesus--these are our enemies because they live in open rebellion against God); Jesus taught us to love our enemies and do well unto those who hate us (who hate our God as we are united to our Lord Jesus). To hate a sinner (one who does not know the Lord) is blatantly against what God has revealed to us in his Son Jesus.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly. You can be loving to your enemies and not support what they are doing. I in no way agree with anyone who says we are to hate those who sin (who are identified by their sin and are enslaved to it because they do not know Jesus--these are our enemies because they live in open rebellion against God); Jesus taught us to love our enemies and do well unto those who hate us (who hate our God as we are united to our Lord Jesus). To hate a sinner (one who does not know the Lord) is blatantly against what God has revealed to us in his Son Jesus.
As my pastor friend says: Dogs bark, cats meow and sinners sin. It's their - yet unregenerate - nature/

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seems like you live in a fantasy world thinking like that, would you trust your kids around pedophiles who supposedly control themselves?
I remember going to a car show and went to the dunny and in comes Gay bloke with 2 little kids 6 or 7yo and just what he was saying was so creepy that I thought what the hell ! and a little kid comes over to me real intent looking at my ? so I just turn away and go into the other number 2 ones and this Gay creep is ranting teaching the little boys all his creep show wisdom. by rights he should of been punched out for being such a filth monger. he claimed that I had some issue as well that he was going to inform the kids about later ?
It was just that I thought sickening display that I did not want to be involved with such nonsense, I know that type !
I am sure he was some Idiot woman's Gay friend who was let out to teach them with a manly ways ? I have come across such delusional idiots before.
They have everything wrong ! both the woman to the kids and the Gay, they live in a fantasy world of living total BS.

I know such delusional people who live in a fantasy world, I have worked for such people contracting in their homes, and I know what not to do or say or be mixed up with some people. some of the fruit loops you come across is not a Joke, even people smoking dope in a house your working on can get me busted or mixed up is such rubbish and that rubbish easy could lead to your reputation is on the line etc. so I have to be somewhat intolerant of such dealings directly ! and nip it in the bud directly on so many levels. I have to take charge on any issue. I am not letting any creep show taking charge over me.

Their are Gays that do control themselves when going out, but there are the ones that don't and boy are they are a disgrace not only perverted but yelling out to other Gays even across the street bagging what clothing they have on and always mouthing off about such within hearing range of another Gay. A mates Gay brother was like that, you just could not go anywhere with him, he just was ranting on and on about Gay nonsense, one place we went out to dinner he could not get over the name of the place and kept harping on about it laughing, it had a Gay name that queers love, but it was the Italian woman who owned the place name and we told him to shut up ! or else she would come and go off the rocker if she heard what he was on about. maybe get a frying pan wrapped over his head and us kicked out. She made the best Italian food ever and we loved going their, but for this Gay idiot that can not control himself.
They think that they can do whatever they want regardless. they don't care !