Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cameron

Jul 25, 2009
I've been having these thoughts for QUITe a long time now and I seriously want them to stop! At first I kinda liked them because they were so sexually arousing and helped me sleep, but it's gotten me so worried that I might actually be homosexual because I'm turned on by it. I told my dad about this but I don't know what to do next! Somebody please help me with this!! I know being homosexual is a sin and I don't wanna be that and I didn't know where to post this so I had to post it here! Please help me.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Well im very glad that you realize that its a sin but what you also have to realize is that you were not born that way. At some point in your life you made a conscious decision to be homeosexual. The only advice i can give you is talk to god and tell him your problem and if you have faith and truely try to change from the inside out you will be sucessfull. Good luck freind and i will be praying for you
smile.gif

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
Well im very glad that you realize that its a sin but what you also have to realize is that you were not born that way. At some point in your life you made a conscious decision to be homeosexual. The only advice i can give you is talk to god and tell him your problem and if you have faith and truely try to change from the inside out you will be sucessfull. Good luck freind and i will be praying for you
smile.gif
Hello gumby, Good advice you gave starr. As we go forward into these Last Days, many are becoming subjected to all sorts of evilness and those not strong in faith and grounded in Christ will seek to live in a perverse life style. Reaching out to the Lord before beingengulfed by this perversion for a turning away is a decision that must be individually made. We are being faced with more perversion on TV, sex is promoted in every way. Nothing is without some form of sexuality being shown. Let us protect ourselves filling out mind with Christ and meditating upon his word which is the way we should live daily, that brings us protection from all kinds of sins. Our body is the temple the Lord dwells in, I Cor 3:16-17 and we being God's temple, God will destroy us if we destroy his temple by sexual immorality, perversions these we are to strive to keep away from us.

Cameron

Jul 25, 2009
Thank you both for help and relief...but why would any person choose to be gay though? Why would they want to hide themselves "in the closet" if that's what they wanna be?

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
[quote name='Cameron;71023]..but why would any person choose to be gay though?..[/QUOTE] Because the demon of homosexuality has entered their mind. It hates the pure natural beautiful love between a man and woman so is doing its utmost to convince its victim to go with other men because demons love dirt and filth and squalor.Here's how to get rid of it' date=' flush it out of your head with purity of thought- [I']"..whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things"- Philippians 4:8[/I]

Polar

Apr 10, 2009
I heard a self-professed Atheist make an off-the-cuff statement which struck me. He stated that Christians who state that God opposes the gay lifestyle because it is a sin do very little to point out that God has equal disdain for sex between a man and a woman outside of marraige, infidelity in marraige, etc. etc. I think that point is sometimes forgotten.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Cameron: First of all those thoughts are something you have allowed yourself to think on. You fed on the lies of the devil and did not shut it off. Now you have a flesh issue.The thing is, It does not matter what you think. Sin is sin, and we are not to go around sleeping with anyone just because we want to. It's for our own good. I may think girls are hot and just because they are does not give me the right to have sex with them. If you love the Lord, then keep yourself from these things while you sort out the gay issue. Thinking your gay is one thing, acting out on it is another. Even straight Christians have the same issue with the opposite sex, and sin will steal from your life and leads to death, and death to all the awesome promises of God. Its not worth giving the devil any authority in your life. It is just not worth it, and you won't want to pay the cost.Jesus Is Lord.

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
It seems that most homosexuals are born that way, or become so very early in life. I do not believe you consciously chose to be that way. Some of us have heavier crosses to bear than others, but you are really no different than a young man or woman who is heterosexual, and must remain celibate. And it is often true that young people have transient homosexual feelings which go away as they mature. Do not mistake that for homosexuality.To resist your urges and to remain pure in His name is to glorify God all the more. May He protect you and give you strength to live a life of chastity and holiness.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
The Barbarian;72865]It seems that most homosexuals are born that way said:
Nobody is born on Planet Earth as a homosexual. Homosexual is a choice. Not a birth.

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
Nobody is born on Planet Earth as a homosexual. Homosexual is a choice. Not a birth.
I respect your opinion, but the evidence seems to show that many, if not all homosexuals have an attraction for the same sex from early childhood. I can't remember ever making a decision to be heterosexual; that's just what I was. And while I've asked many, many people if they made such a decision, no one but one, heterosexual or homosexual could remember doing that. And the one who said she did, was a professed bisexual.We all have tendencies to one sort of sin or another. Homosexuals just have a somewhat heavier cross to bear than most of the rest of us.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
[quote name='The Barbarian;72876]I respect your opinion' date=' but the evidence seems to show that many, if not all homosexuals have an attraction for the same sex from early childhood. I can't remember ever making a decision to be heterosexual; that's just what I was. And while I've asked many, many people if they made such a decision, no one but one, heterosexual or homosexual could remember doing that. And the one who said she did, was a professed bisexual.We all have tendencies to one sort of sin or another. Homosexuals just have a somewhat heavier cross to bear than most of the rest of us.[/QUOTE']Key Word: Early childhoodIt is still after birth... so it is impossible to be born homosexual, lesbian, bi-sexual etc... the only conclusion is straight. It is still a choice...

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
It is still after birth...
We don't know that. The evidence suggests that it happens after conception, probably from some kind of hormonal imbalance during pregnancy. But no one knows for sure.
so it is impossible to be born homosexual, lesbian, bi-sexual etc...
Or our sexual inclination might be set at birth for all we know.
the only conclusion is straight. It is still a choice...
No one I know of, save one, can remember making a choice. Our choice is to sin or not sin; we have no choice concerning our sinful nature, or even what sins we are inclined to.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Blessings to you Cameron. First thing is to trust the Lord and His desire for you and your life. Also trust in the promises He's made, and the strengths that are in you. I've had problems with thoughts, myself and everyone has. From sexual imorality of one sort or another, to blasphemies, and other misc evil vile things. Let me try to explain some simple truths, and give a testimony. This may be long, but it'll be here to read at your leasure. One thing to realise is this,,, 1 Corinthians 10:13There has no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that you are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it. You aren't going through anything new. Now, having solice in this, and the the Lord has shown that there will be problems with things such as these. He's taken care to provide ways out of it.And, we have power in Christ 2 Corinthians 10:5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; Now we see we have the Power, and the Lord provides a way,, Here's one way (as someone mentioned previously, but good enough for a bump) Philippians 4:8Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. My testimony on thoughts. How the Lord helped me.For years I struggled with the unpardonable sin. It was made worse because I have OCD. I order to thwart these fears, I found some things meant to help.I would think of the most vile disgusting thing,, and say,, That is not the Lord, that Is not God, that is not the Holy Spirit. Eventualy over time, these thoughts took other forms. They became actual physical thoughts of evil against God. It's almost like they grew. I kept thinking I was commiting an unpardonable sin, and given the nature of those thoughts,, in a way I was right. But, I fought and struggled. Sometimes not sleeping, and staying awake until I literaly crashed from exhaustion. I started chanting later on, words and numbers,, I'd count, then cuss, then say, the Holy Spirit is Holy not evil. What I noticed is, over years and years, this built upon itself, and built upon itself. I had a full fledged nervous breakdown. Everything kept getting worse the more I tried, the worse it got. I was at wits end man! But, I remember one night about a year ago. I was asking the Lord, what do I do? It's getting worse not better! The more I try the worse it gets! The Lord showed me about Paul having the messanger from Satan, and praying and the Lord said, "My grace is sufficient for you". At that moment I knew what He was talking about. The Lord was willing to work with me on this, and that what ever is going on is allowed for a reason, and that I don't need to worry about what's happening, because His grace is carrying me! This was a little before the night I was praying and asking how. So, that night I asked, "How do I stop this? What do I have to do?" The Lord told me then and there. "If you can add to it, you can take away from it." What a precious release that was! And a year later, My mind is clear, and I can think rationaly. I still have pangs every now and again, but It's dealt with. I can take away from what ever is added, I can take captive my thoughts, and turn my thoughts to what is Holy and Good. I can know the freedom of working out my salvation, through the grace of Jesus Christ. Another thing was Christina and Jordan explaining a few things on certain scriptures that I never knew, So, I believe the Lord sent me to them for that very purpose. Right after that, the Lord delivered me from a 10 year long Alcohol addiction. But, that's a different story. The point is, the Lord does provide a way, and you are not without hope. The very fact that you want to turn from this and seek the Lords face, speaks volumes of where your heart is. Blessings to you!

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
The point is, the Lord does provide a way, and you are not without hope. The very fact that you want to turn from this and seek the Lords face, speaks volumes of where your heart is.
I am fully persuaded that nothing is to impossible, no sickness, no dependence on substance, no moral issue that God can't fix, and better, it's His will to fix.Jesus Is Lord

gumby

May 29, 2009
Jordan;72883][B]Key Word: Early childhood[/B] It is still [COLOR=darkgreen][B][U]after birth[/U][/B][/COLOR]... so it is impossible to be born homosexual said:
straight[/COLOR]. It is still a choice...
Im with you on this matter jordan its 100% choice to be a homeosexual. Besides that its unatural. Romans 1:26-28.

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
It's not natural to avoid sin, either. Not everything that's natural is good, and not everything that's unnatural is bad.Homosexual behavior is not what God wants for us, but the argument from nature is not the one Christians should use.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
[quote name='The Barbarian;73018]It's not natural to avoid sin' date=' either. Not everything that's natural is good, and not everything that's unnatural is bad.Homosexual behavior is not what God wants for us, but the argument from nature is not the one Christians should use.[/QUOTE']God created everything nature, and He call it good. So, with all due respect, that statement of yours is a contradictory.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
we have 2 issues here, one is due to the fall of man, which has corrpted the true seed of man, causing all sorts of issues, the second is the enemy and spiritualality.satan sows a thought into your head, with me its usually women, then you hold onto that thought becaue it ticles your flesh, ths trick he knows well, once you start believing that thought you open a door for him, because you now replaced the truth with a lie, and then he sends one of his demons which you, through believeing the lie, allow to enter. Thats why we are supposed to cast down all vain imaginations. It really is that simple but because it makes you feel good it is not easy to deal with. I struggle with my flesh and I hate it.in His Love

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Thank you both for help and relief...but why would any person choose to be gay though? Why would they want to hide themselves "in the closet" if that's what they wanna be?

why not talk with your pastor about

Romans 7:7-25

Struggling With Sin
7What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet." 8But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. 9Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.
11For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.