Homosexuals are twice as likely to get cancer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I believe everyone needs time in the path their life takes them to repent so I don't judge, as I needed time to repent in my life just like everyone else.

So this is just news that I found. I noticed that a lot of GBLT people walked for cancer and I wondered if they were getting cancer somehow so I looked it up and found that homosexuals are twice as likely to get cancer.

I've wondered if it is in their DNA that gives them homosexual tendencies and also cancer? Hmmm. Don't know, but here are the sources:

one in twelve lesbian and bisexual women aged between 50 and 79 have been diagnosed with breast cancer, compared with one in twenty women in general” Breast cancer in lesbians and bisexual women: systematic review of incidence, prevalence and risk studies

"Gay and bisexual men are at higher risk for certain kinds of cancer. The cancers you should know about are covered here. There are things you can do to help lower your risk for many of these cancers. You may even be able to keep them from ever starting. " Cancer Risks for Gay and Bisexual Men - Health Encyclopedia - University of Rochester Medical Center

Cancer is something I do not want to experience and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Keep that in mind and please be respectful in your responses.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture implies the same kind of thing.

Romans 1
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their [i]women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [j]men, leaving the natural use of the [k]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they have said there is no gay gene:

There is no ‘gay gene.’ There is no ‘straight gene.’ Sexuality is just complex, study confirms
There is no single gene responsible for a person being gay or a lesbian.

That’s the first thing you need to know about the largest genetic investigation of sexuality ever, which was published Thursday in Science. The study of nearly a half million people closes the door on the debate around the existence of a so-called “gay gene.”

So what about hormones as being the causes:

"Estrogens, a group of female sex hormones, are known human carcinogens. Although these hormones have essential physiological roles in both females and males, they have also been associated with an increased risk of certain cancers." Risk Factors: Hormones

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I believe everyone needs time in the path their life takes them to repent so I don't judge, as I needed time to repent in my life just like everyone else.

So this is just news that I found. I noticed that a lot of GBLT people walked for cancer and I wondered if they were getting cancer somehow so I looked it up and found that homosexuals are twice as likely to get cancer.
Looked it up where?
I've wondered if it is in their DNA that gives them homosexual tendencies and also cancer? Hmmm. Don't know, but here are the sources:

one in twelve lesbian and bisexual women aged between 50 and 79 have been diagnosed with breast cancer, compared with one in twenty women in general” Breast cancer in lesbians and bisexual women: systematic review of incidence, prevalence and risk studies
This study didn't find this they were quoting an earlier study from the year 2000 and questioning is accuracy because of its sample size.

The study you link concludes: " it remains uncertain as to whether there is a higher incidence of breast cancer in LB (lesbian and bisexual) women or not.

They did note one reliable study form the CDC that found that lesbians are three times more likely to die from breast cancer than heterosexual women. That study notes that their sexual orientation is not the cause but rather it is from associated factors such as Lesbians are significantly less likely to have health insurance, they have a more difficult time finding doctors, societal stress levels and cigarette smoking all play a part in the high number of deaths from breast cancer.
"Gay and bisexual men are at higher risk for certain kinds of cancer. The cancers you should know about are covered here. There are things you can do to help lower your risk for many of these cancers. You may even be able to keep them from ever starting. " Cancer Risks for Gay and Bisexual Men - Health Encyclopedia - University of Rochester Medical Center

Cancer is something I do not want to experience and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Keep that in mind and please be respectful in your responses.
this is more of a pamphlet with basic cancer information rather than research.

Are gay men more likely to get skin cancer? I don't know and i can't tell from this if they are.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they have said there is no gay gene:

There is no ‘gay gene.’ There is no ‘straight gene.’ Sexuality is just complex, study confirms
There is no single gene responsible for a person being gay or a lesbian.

That’s the first thing you need to know about the largest genetic investigation of sexuality ever, which was published Thursday in Science. The study of nearly a half million people closes the door on the debate around the existence of a so-called “gay gene.”
Please look at the actual study as it isn't saying what I believe you think its saying.

No SINGLE gene. No one ever really suggested that there would or could be a single gene. The study did find five genes that so account for some portion of homosexuality and they suggest that there could be hundreds more.

The researchers conclude that sexual orientation is polygenic meaning hundreds of genes contributed to it.

So what about hormones as being the causes:

"Estrogens, a group of female sex hormones, are known human carcinogens. Although these hormones have essential physiological roles in both females and males, they have also been associated with an increased risk of certain cancers." Risk Factors: Hormones
And what does this have to do with orientation?

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Homosexuality, as is a CHOICE and NOT something that any human being can be "born with". It is in the Bible as a SIN

Reactions: dev553344

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality, as is a CHOICE and NOT something that any human being can be "born with". It is in the Bible as a SIN

I knew a man who was gay most of his life. He got saved and was totally set free.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looked it up where?

This study didn't find this they were quoting an earlier study from the year 2000 and questioning is accuracy because of its sample size.

The study you link concludes: " it remains uncertain as to whether there is a higher incidence of breast cancer in LB (lesbian and bisexual) women or not.

They did note one reliable study form the CDC that found that lesbians are three times more likely to die from breast cancer than heterosexual women. That study notes that their sexual orientation is not the cause but rather it is from associated factors such as Lesbians are significantly less likely to have health insurance, they have a more difficult time finding doctors, societal stress levels and cigarette smoking all play a part in the high number of deaths from breast cancer.

this is more of a pamphlet with basic cancer information rather than research.

Are gay men more likely to get skin cancer? I don't know and i can't tell from this if they are.
Yes well I don't question the earlier study. Perhaps the gov does. Hmm, the same gov pushing GBLT on children.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and yet EVERY scrap of evidence says that orientation is inborn.

Reactions: Nancy

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Jim B

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He study you linked us to did, and they found it faulty.

The cdc had nothing to say about the study you quoted. It did however find evidence I am guessing you didn't like.

What ever little fantasy help you sleep at night.
You're post are not an orthodox Christian post. They appear very liberally indoctrinated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Downey

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What ever little fantasy help you sleep at night.
I sleep at night. But I don't know how the left actually can live with themselves considering what they are doing to children. I have a clear conscious:

"Beginning with the 2021 gubernatorial election in Virginia—in which Democratic candidate Terry McAuliffe for all practical purposes vowed to keep parents out of the classroom, saying, “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach”—parents began to realize the Democratic Party wanted to leave them behind." Exposing the Left’s Destructive Education Agenda: They’re ‘Coming for Your Children’

What the left is attempting to do to children is very similar to war crimes. The same war crimes that have convicted Putin as a war criminal for kidnapping children for his own agenda.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looked it up where?

Nonsense. The study states that most results point to more incidence in lesbian women.

"Four risk modelling studies were found, one Rosner-Colditz and three Gail models. Three suggested higher and one lower rate in LB compared to heterosexual women. Six risk-factor estimates suggested higher risk and one no difference between LB and heterosexual women." Breast cancer in lesbians and bisexual women: systematic review of incidence, prevalence and risk studies

I will point out that they felt that risk factors might be responsible, such as higher drinking rates among lesbians.

"Alcohol consumption is one of the major modifiable risk factors for the disease, causing 7 of every 100 new breast cancer cases in the Region. During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, WHO encourages everyone to understand that the risk of breast cancer can be significantly reduced by simply reducing alcohol consumption." Alcohol is one of the biggest risk factors for breast cancer

Last edited: