How Are Women Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 1
"Let a woman learn in silence with full submission. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty." (1 Tim 2:11-15)
According to Paul a wamna has to have a child to be saved. You may think I’m joking, but there is a serious point here. Paul is clearly defining a separate path of salvation for men and for women.

The bulk of scripture is about how men are saved. Paul to the gaoler – a man. Jesus to Nicodemus, the scribes and Pharisees – all men. Who is Paul addressing in his letter to the Romans? Men – “Are you unaware brothers” (Rom 7:1); “In the same way my brothers...” (Rom 7:4). James – about works + faith – “What good is it my brothers…” (James 2:14).

His letter to Timothy is the only time Paul specifically addresses the route of salvation for women “she will be saved through childbearing..” (1Tim 2:15).

So women, you can forget about repenting, or believing or being baptised, all you need is the work of childbearing (and I’m told by women who have done this that it is hard work).

Its True – Its Biblical – Prove me wrong.

In his statement that women will be saved through childbearing Paul gives no indication that they should be married. Indeed in his letter to the Corinthians he says that he prefers that all stay unmarried.
"To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain unmarried as I am" (1 Cor 7:8)

Obviously Paul also prefers women to be saved. So what he seems to be advocating here is that women should have children so as to saved, but do so in an unmarried state. Is he setting aside the Old Testament strictures against fornication being sinful?

No, obviously not. So we must look for another explanation. We cannot take Paul as speaking of childbearing literally. He is probably speaking of symbolical childbearing, or perhaps more likely spiritual childbearing. But what would spiritual childbearing or spiritual birthing be? What is spiritual birth?

The obvious clue to this is in Jn 3:5 where Jesus tells Nicodemus that he must be born from above (born again). Nicodemus takes this literally. But Jesus explains he means spiritually and that he must be “born of water and Spirit”. This follows the correct sequence of physical and then spiritual as noted in 1Cor15:46 “But it is not the spiritual that is first, but the physical, and then the spiritual.” Now there are two actions here, one earthy (water) which is water baptism by a human agent (the woman who is going to spiritually rebirth them). The other is heavenly (Spirit) which is God’s action. “He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.” (Ti 3:5)

So women are to spiritually birth men by baptising them. And here we men must repent because for centuries we have been reserving baptism for male clergy and depriving women of their chance of salvation. Note that women do not need to be baptised as they are saved by the act of spiritually birthing men (i.e. baptising them).

Note the efficiency of this. Two people are saved for the price of one act. This is economical - part of what the Catholic Catechism calls the sacramental economy (joke for Catholics).

So ladies I give you a new slogan:

Baptise and Be Saved

It’s True – Its Biblical

Now read the next post (Part 2)

20 Now the man named his wife Eve, because she was the mother of all the living. NASB

20 The man called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. ESV

And the man called his wife’s name aEve; because she was the mother of all living. JPS Tanaach

Every literal translation I've looked at says the same thing and calls Eve the mother of all living. Yet, she hadn't given birth yet and the verse doesn't limit the living to mankind (we just make that very logical assumption.) So Adam, the son of God, names Eve prophetically.
Then we have the cryptic verse in 1 Timothy chapter 2:
For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.
Verse 15 has caused a lot of people to scratch their heads, but what if Paul meant what the verse in context says. Verse 14 calls Eve, "the woman" because she hadn't been named yet, verse 15 in normal grammatical usage refers to the woman that Adam called Eve being saved if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.
Who is the "they" in verse 15 then? Normal grammatical usage would suggest that the "they" is referring to Adam and Eve, but how do they "continue" unless this refers to their descendants, humanity and "all living?"
If we alter the verse to "all living will be saved in child bearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self control", we have an opening for the everlasting gospel, that I've summarized as "fear God and live". Now, this is not the gospel of Jesus Christ, but does describe behavior consistent with life under the law, and life "in christ." The statement is conditional, but since it is given in reference to Adam and Eve, by Paul who has used Adam to express the fallen condition of man, it would seem that Paul was talking about unregenerate mankind. If that were the case, then we could understand that unregenerate mankind (or at least the female half) would be saved by continuing to bear children with that condition that they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women are saved just like men and any sinner is saved, by Gods Grace in Jesus Christ.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women get to be the compassion of children, and men are too learn that also from women. Men are usually rugged and rough. Women are usually gentle. God's spirit is merciful and kind. We all grow in Christ and learn who God is. God is all powerful so he doesn't have a manly complex to live up to. If I take the scripture in the OP literally I see that women are not allowed to serve in church. That means their service comes from tending to the family. This is truth for the new testament verses.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 Now the man named his wife Eve, because she was the mother of all the living.

Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so. There is no requirement to maker her his mother just to take care of her!

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women are saved in the same way as men are saved; there is no difference.

John 3:16-18, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God."

Everyone means every person, regardless of their gender.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women are saved in the same way as men are saved; there is no difference.

John 3:16-18, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God."

Everyone means every person, regardless of their gender.

how long do we have to keep believing?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and we must believe all! Including the necessity of baptism Mk 16:16
matt 28:19

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.