How can we be unfaithful to Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Here is one example of the devils schemes to get you to be unfaithful to the Word to throw down the Rod and the serpent comes to steal kill and destroy:
I am not saying this to boast but as a testimony to save others from the wiles of the devil who uses men to trip us up by looking as a good thing to help someone but is really evil.

This morning I had to confront a person (rather a believer or not I do not know), who was wanting to make a purchase from me regarding an item for her wedding and wanted it shipped International.
I told them I would be willing to ship it international as long as they do not have a problem with me marking the Merchandise box on the customs form.
Their comment back to me was, well I really want these items and I don't understand what it hurts you if you just check the Gift Box?
I said first of all it is a lie and I will not lie to gain a sale for myself for I am a Christian and I know that God sees our every move. I would not be unfaithful to Christ/The Word, (no matter how much I would love the sell) by bowing down to the devils schemes to the place of LOW LIFE making it NOW ill gotten gains instead of prosperity which not only disappoints my Father thereby losing my blessing that would be produced, but you would bring a curse upon your marriage for asking me to lie for you.
I also told her, We do not realize that if one is willing to lie for us.... that they have just proven that they are a liar and capable of lying to us and we would not want that.

This is not the exact wording I told her, but very close so all points would give her something to ponder and hopefully exalt Christ in her life I also told her that I was saying this out of love, for I do not want her wedding to be cursed because I care what happens to her as well as my faithfulness to Christ.
I added a few things such as the devils schemes and my BOLD for amplifying for importance for my brethren here for they understand.

She may think me crazy... but I know that it is TRUTH! Do we want to please God or man? Our blessings do not come from man, but by the hand of God.

Think throughout your day are you doing something that is making you unfaithful to God's Word for another or for something of gain? These little foxes are spoiling the Vine and the enemy steals your blessing and you prove spiritually immature. So don't let these things keep you under the blessings that God has for His children of obedience, standing steadfast on His Word/His Son.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
You are correct!
When ever we are deceived from keeping the Word exalted up in our thinking and doing we can be found unfaithful to Christ caught in spiritual fornication by sleeping with the enemy doing the devils bidding when you are supposed to be joined to God's Word.
But we stumble when we fail to recognize what is sin.. To some, if you do a good thing for another you are doing unto others as you would have them do to you and we call it good.
But if your doing for them is causing another loss or harm, then you are sinning for it is evil that looks good and it is the little foxes or small matters that little by little ruin us for a place of honor in the body of Christ.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
You are leaving out most of the important information

Is it a $100,000 diamond wedding ring ?

Or a $50 used bridesmaid dress ?
Very good argument there Arnie. Do you know that you can prove what value one puts on money with only two mites? Jesus could~

And might I add the fact that the money amount was the deciding factor of if I sacrificed myself or not for the Word.. tells me something about you.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
Very good argument there Arnie. Do you know that you can prove what value one puts on money with only two mites? Jesus could~

And might I add the fact that the money amount was the deciding factor of if I sacrificed myself or not for the Word.. tells me something about you.
It has nothing to do with the money amount , it has to do with the type of "merchandise" you list on the export lable

If you tick off "merchandise" brand new wedding gown , value $10,000 is a lot different than if you send a "used bridesmaid gown" value $50

The reasons you fill out the export card are as follows
1. to make sure you are not violating US postal rules by shipping drugs , tobacco , contraband etc.
2. the receiving international country will use your declaration sometimes to add import customs duties or taxes

Most countries do not intercept shipments from person to person for gifts or small items sold on ebay or online so you would be best to lable it as "merchandise wedding accessories" or something

That way you have not done anything dishonest. And if duties or tariffs are charged it is the problem of your customer , not you ,

I ship and receive many parcels to and from the US and they are all properly labeled and only once did i have to pay a small $7 customs fee.

Most items mailed are never an issue , and postal and customs people do not expect us to be perfect , but for example if you mailed me a package of cigarettes it is illegal to do so by US Post and you would be in serious trouble , and so would I by importing them in violation of our tobacco tax laws.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
It has nothing to do with the money amount , it has to do with the type of "merchandise" you list on the export lable

If you tick off "merchandise" brand new wedding gown , value $10,000 is a lot different than if you send a "used bridesmaid gown" value $50

The reasons you fill out the export card are as follows
1. to make sure you are not violating US postal rules by shipping drugs , tobacco , contraband etc.
2. the receiving international country will use your declaration sometimes to add import customs duties or taxes

Most countries do not intercept shipments from person to person for gifts or small items sold on ebay or online so you would be best to lable it as "merchandise wedding accessories" or something

That way you have not done anything dishonest. And if duties or tariffs are charged it is the problem of your customer , not you ,

I ship and receive many parcels to and from the US and they are all properly labeled and only once did i have to pay a small $7 customs fee.

Most items mailed are never an issue , and postal and customs people do not expect us to be perfect , but for example if you mailed me a package of cigarettes it is illegal to do so by US Post and you would be in serious trouble , and so would I by importing them in violation of our tobacco tax laws.
Thank you for the lesson,

However, I did not see that as the most important information that I left out as my post was about our spiritual growth in Christ. I was not looking for information about the postal laws to make a sale. But thank you.

The fact that when someone asks you to lie for them just to get gain and one who calls themselves faithful to Christ would fall into temptation just to make what would now be considered "ill gotten gains" all in the name of being kind to someone else yet cheating another and lying and how our blessings or curses come according to how we carry ourselves being either upright or lowlife in stature.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
Thank you for the lesson,

However, I did not see that as the most important information that I left out as my post was about our spiritual growth in Christ. I was not looking for information about the postal laws to make a sale. But thank you.

The fact that when someone asks you to lie for them just to get gain and one who calls themselves faithful to Christ would fall into temptation just to make what would now be considered "ill gotten gains" all in the name of being kind to someone else yet cheating another and lying and how our blessings or curses come according to how we carry ourselves being either upright or lowlife in stature.
I hear what you are saying and understand your situation much clearer.

if you are like me , you want to be helpfull to everybody but never want to cross the line to fib on a postal document.

It is wise to be honest like you are .... because even the smallest fibs haunt the christian forever ..... and the customer you tried to help could care less about ethics anyway..... if they were a good person they would never have asked you to bend the rules.

Most of us are honest and Christianity gives us a good excuse to be very honest , I find that refreshing and rewarding in a world that does not value such things

I have even become brutally honest about myself , my failings and flaws as a Christian .... and there is something valuable in doing that as well

Hell of a lot better than pretending to be a saint or something

Jesus accepts me as I am , why shouldn't I also .

Hope you do too

arnie

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
I hear what you are saying and understand your situation much clearer.

if you are like me , you want to be helpfull to everybody but never want to cross the line to fib on a postal document.

It is wise to be honest like you are .... because even the smallest fibs haunt the christian forever ..... and the customer you tried to help could care less about ethics anyway..... if they were a good person they would never have asked you to bend the rules.

Most of us are honest and Christianity gives us a good excuse to be very honest , I find that refreshing and rewarding in a world that does not value such things

I have even become brutally honest about myself , my failings and flaws as a Christian .... and there is something valuable in doing that as well

Hell of a lot better than pretending to be a saint or something

Jesus accepts me as I am , why shouldn't I also .

Hope you do too

arnie
Jesus accept everyone when they come to Jesus but after accepting Him as your Lord and
Savior, He expects you to improve constantly until the end. He commands us to be perfect.

You seem to be disregarding too many of Jesus' word in your posts.

blessings.