How Christian can respond to the COVID-19

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Summary: Matt (the ten minute Bible hour) talks about how to respond to what is going on. Romans 12 says a lot about this and he reads and talks about it. Not everyone will agree with him of course but I can say I am very guilty of what he talks about. In fact I am sorry to all if I have not been a better contributor here and caused any stress, fear and just been a complete jerk.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good points. I have noticed that the Roman Church is being more faithful than the Protestants concerning this virus. They have not closed their doors that I am aware of. With all these church closings I have wanted to ask, where is your faith?

I am a firm believer that if one is a member of a fellowship that meets regularly, that you should continue to meet. The government will urge us not to, but we serve a higher authority when it intrudes on our faith.

Of course I see satan devising action against the church through this. You can hear the world cry out that the virus is spreading because Christians refuse to observe any quarantine and continue to meet. Just like Nero blamed the Christians for the burning of Rome.

But we shouldn't worry over the world's reactions. Let them do the knee-jerk response, as they are. But we will trust our God.

(Mark 16:15-18) comes to mind. It's a shame many have rejected it as Scripture.

Stranger

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If the churches in your area are all closing. Why not email them with the sample of the early Christians who in Rome would care for the sick and dying who did not belong to their family or social group, even when caring cost them their lives.

Ask how are they organised to help the sick and elderly in their community and what sort of witness is hiding away from the problems of the world giving.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Summary: Matt (the ten minute Bible hour) talks about how to respond to what is going on. Romans 12 says a lot about this and he reads and talks about it. Not everyone will agree with him of course but I can say I am very guilty of what he talks about. In fact I am sorry to all if I have not been a better contributor here and caused any stress, fear and just been a complete jerk.

commented last night and then deleted it. Really liked what he said after reading Romans 12. Went to sleep last night with it on my mind. Thinking about revival and how it has been asked and prayed for. Maybe this is revival time. Opportunity as the video mentioned near the end to be light in the midst uncertainty. Couldn’t agree more with other posters here as I’ve been even searching my own walk and asking “where is your faith”. Countless pastors and church members through out history go and sit with the sick, those with cancer and diseases and tell them repeatedly that those things can not prevent or hold or overthrow Him. The sick told to have Faith in not what is seen but in what God has said. Covid-19 is no different. In the midst of disaster, what praise there is in He has overcome it same as cancer or any other disease. Still thinking of 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rules and regulations are certainly tightening on how and where people can meet. In our own county, a certain number is given that people can meet with or else fines will be issued.

But, that should not stop believers from meeting as you can break up into small groups and meet at persons houses. "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." There will be sufficient amount of gifts of the Spirit present in the believers to minister to all.

Stranger

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether Corona is as deadly or contagious as it is made out to be is really immaterial now. Because now, the perception is, that it is. And all of the world is acting and responding accordingly.

It doesn't matter anymore if what is taking place is true or not. What matters is how does man perceive it to be. Which of course puts all power in the hands of media who daily try and control our perception of things.

And of course the media is servant to the world or satan's kingdom. And due to this constant effort of satan to unite the world, ever since God destroyed his work at Babel, we can see the progress he has made with Corona. Because the world is now so globally interconnected, satan can stop or move the world through the world media. As I said, it doesn't matter a hoot in the wind if the media is telling the truth. What matters is what can satan have them believe and thus act on. What people perceive is now the truth.

And my oh my, how this affects the world economically. Economics of a country rises and falls on perception. Recessions and depressions are now on the horizon globally. I think this is interesting. What a time for an economic fix of some sort to rescue the failing economies of the world. What a time for the entrance of the anti-christ to bring forth his economic system of 666 to rescue the economy. I'm not saying that is what is going to happen at this time. But, what a time for it to happen.

Interesting times.

Stranger

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone will agree with him of course but I can say I am very guilty of what he talks about. In fact I am sorry to all if I have not been a better contributor here and caused any stress, fear and just been a complete jerk.
We've all messed up and have failed to love one another as Christ has loved us. But that's really the question of the hour for Christians. Are we loving one another in that way?? Do we even know what that means? I pray that we will learn and do it!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've all messed up and have failed to love one another as Christ has loved us. But that's really the question of the hour for Christians. Are we loving one another in that way?? Do we even know what that means? I pray that we will learn and do it!
Continue in prayer frequently, bringing every request to the Father's Throne in heaven, as written clearly in Scripture.
Do not do like the pagan world as they continually follow idolatry in the apostate church worldwide - they have had more evil influence than almost any other entity ever has had. "Appearing" to do and look good, to get people's approval, they make converts twice as bad as themselves. (as written in the Bible).

Always, always, go by Scripture, NOT by man's ways of thinking opposed to God's Word.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Christian can respond by caring for others, following the laws in place, taking the appropriate steps to protect themselves when necessary, and not living in fear.