How did God impregnate Mary?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

matt4

Jun 19, 2009
How exactly was it that God impregnated Mary, and did she want to be impregnated by Him?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
matt4;71713]How exactly was it that God impregnated Mary said:
The Holy Ghost did it. I have highlighted the exact verse describing this. When the Holy Ghost "comes upon someone" and "the power of the Highest overshadows them" anything is possible, including divine invitro fertilization using special DNA from outside the spacetime continuum. Notice that Mary is a willing participant.."be it unto me according to thy word." Luke 1:26-38(26) And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,(27) To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.(28) And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.(29) And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.(30) And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.(31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.(32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:(33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.(34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?(35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.(36) And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.(37) For with God nothing shall be impossible.(38) And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its so more simple that you think , God spoke a word, Mary acepted it and it bore life, as Jesus said the words that I speak they are truth and they are life. This is why we are supposed to listen to His voice.In His Love

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
I have always felt that if God could create Adam out of a handful of dirt, it was no problem for Him to create Jesus out of the borrowed womb of a young peasant girl