How do we increase our faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
Also i find that reading the testimonies of others on how God did His wonderful works on them also increases faith.

LittleSister

Aug 22, 2006
lastsecman;6174 said:
'What exactly is meant by: "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."? The Word of God is the Bible. He wants you to hear it with understanding. Because when you hear it with understanding, you cannot help but to have faith. In other words; your answers are in the Bible, they have been there all along! Lets dig them out.' If you were to start telling a child everyday, "You are so stupid, you can't do anything right!" That child would start to believe that was the truth because they hear it all the time. God tells us to renew our minds daily with His word. IF the Doc. says "You have cancer." You can see it on the test results and you feel sick, weak, and tired. You can chose to believe that, OR you can believe God and say "I am healed by the strips of Jesus.". 'For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. (belief, or unbelief) The 12 spies went out, 10 (or the doc.) gave an evil report, but 2 stood on the promise of God and spoke a good report. It didn't matter what it looked like, God said this land I give to you, and therefore, they believe it was theirs. God said by the strips of My Son Jesus, you are healed, all you have to do is believe it. Now, that child believed he was stupid, because he heard it everyday. So, we can choose to listen to the lies of Satan, that your broke, your sick, your not good enough. But, that's not what God says about you. Deuteronomy 28:1-14 blessings shall overtake you, you are blessed in the city, blessed in the country, blessed shall be your basket and kneading bowl. You are above and not beneath. (your above the cercumstance not beneath) Everything you put your hands to prospers. Read the blessings of God over your life everyday, renew your mind, and faith will rise up in those areas. There's power of life and death in the tongue. I set before you life and death, so CHOOSE life. It's according to our faith.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
We can increase our faith by reading the Bible daily and striving to obey everything and change our lifestyles/mentality according to Jesus' teachings.Thank you

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
going through trials,setbacks, disappointments,hard times, going against our adverseries, going through persecution, going through any difficulties- that can strenghten our faith or we can choose to go opposite way to doubt and fear too.

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
(lastsecman;6131)
How do we as Christians increase our faith?
Faith is spiritual understanding, and that's all it is. You can't believe for what you don't understand. Not in totality but in direction. Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
How do you increase your faith?We are told in Timothy to study the word to show ourselves approved.But Faith is the willingness to think and act on the basis of what we know of God.Like Abraham it shows we are to trust God that he will not let us down even when it appears when sacrificing Isaac all the hope of the promises are ending by our own hands in the flesh. But Abraham never doubting Gods ability to keep his promise. He knew he could raise Isaac from the dead, but even if he did not, he also knew he could trust God and that he trusted him even when the promise now looked doomed to fail. (ps remember that in last times with false miracles and wonders.)Faith is about stepping out on the water from the boat as Peter did.Peter said, " Tell me to come to you" why? Because Peter knew if Jesus told him to come to him the water would let Peter come to him. But Peter becoming aware of his surrounding and the impossibility of what was happening took his eyes off Christ and began to sink. As he did they were both taken by Christ to safety.In our lives our faith can grow. By us believing what God says enough to act on it, we will see we receive the things Gods word promises us. And this in turn means that the more our faith is in acceptance of the things of God happening, the more that you will receive from him.Faith is what makes us able to please God and receive the things he has promised us. If you have the faith to believe your sins are forgiven and God raised Jesus from the dead. Then you have the faith to receive everything else that God promises us. The bible tells us what those promises are.You just have to accept they are for you and claim them.A pointer I would give you. Is every word of God is true. And that is the key to believing is seeing..Faithful.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
This may have been said but I am going to tell you exactly what helped me,whenever I worship I just don't say hey forgive me blah blah blah,I get down on my knees or throw my hands and I am just praying so deeply to God,I tell him how much I love him so basically worship is my favorite way of increasing my faithAlso reading the bible,15 minutes a night is a thing that seems little and so easy,but by doing this you are increasing your knowledge of God,and learning more and growing in your faith,you are learning the word of God,and interpreting it,the bible is a great way to help gain faith in your life!!Pray to God,start for 5 minutes at first,then you will realize you just don't want to stop at 5 minutes,and you keep going and going,Our pastor gave us the task of doing this and it has truly helped me grow in faith!!These are just some ways,No I am not going in depth do to the fact I have to go to jail(school lol)
smile.gif

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(lastsecman;6131)
How do we as Christians increase our faith?
Faith comes by hearing God's word. Romans 10: 17.works [Made strong] by love. Galatians 5: 6.activated by Actions. James 2; 22Increased by confession. Luke 17: 5.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
POWER DOWNLOADS by MickIn modern terms, by praying we are "logging on" to God and Jesus,opening a communication link through which the holy spirit begins downloading into us."After Jesus spent the night in prayer,everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" -Luke 6:12-19It doesn't have to be a long formal prayer, just a chatty few little words will do.For example,Johnny Cash says in a line from a song - "I talk to Jesus every day, and he listens to every word I say, no secretary ever tells me he's been called away, I talk to Jesus every day". Personally I often say "Jesus remember me" any number of times throughout each day if I'm feeling low.In a sense, talking to Jesus is like touching him in much the same way as the woman with a haemorrhage who touched his cloak and was cured - Jesus said - "Someone touched me,I know that power has gone out from me."- Luke 8:46