How Do We Know We Are Truly Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys, it's Tuesday so I'm sharing this week's discussion topic!

This week, we are answering the question: AM I TRULY SAVED
YouTube/ Spotify/ iTunes

Here are some of the points of interest:
  • Foundational Scripture / Matthew 7:21-23
  • Evidence of salvation:
    • Bearing Fruit
    • Loving God and Others
    • Desire to be obedient/do God’s will
    • Conviction, confession, and repentance
    • A heart that forgives
    • Evidence of sanctification (desire for change)
    • Peace with salvation
  • Sinner’s Prayer
If you've ever had a question about your own salvation, or if you have advice for others, please share! Iron sharpens iron!

Just to clarify, we're just following the Lord's direction and offering these weekly messages for anyone to participate in that wants to. You don't have to do anything, it's free, I'd appreciate a like or follow but I'm not even asking for that. We just put these out to help folks and spread the Word of God.
God bless you all!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had some folks say that we only know we're saved when judgement comes. I've had others agree that the Word reveals the evidence of someone who has made Jesus Lord of their life. What do you all think?
One should be aware by a change of heart. This is the inward evidence of having changed from death to life. After which, if given time and new life in Christ, there are also outward evidences and fruits of the Spirit.

Reactions: Misty Williams

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One should be aware by a change of heart. This is the inward evidence of having changed from death to life. After which, if given time and new life in Christ, there are also outward evidences and fruits of the Spirit.
Do you see the possibility that those who have changed from death to life are those who will be resurrected and then they will be judged one way or the other?

Will we not be judged after we are resurrected?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see the possibility that those who have changed from death to life are those who will be resurrected and then they will be judged one way or the other?

Will we not be judged after we are resurrected?
This touches on two subjects...for which there are two resurrections. Those of the first resurrection are judged already, and have already received eternal life, already called "blessed." The rest of the dead are only raised up in the second resurrection unto judgment, some to everlasting life and some to everlasting contempt.

ArkansasJames

Jun 10, 2022
Wright Co. Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had some folks say that we only know we're saved when judgement comes. I've had others agree that the Word reveals the evidence of someone who has made Jesus Lord of their life. What do you all think?

Agreed,
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless i am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.
II Timothy 1:12.

We also see the writer of Hebrews seems to agree with you, Hebrews 6:9-11.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree, I respect everyone's right to their opinion but the idea that we shouldn't be confident in our salvation (if we have that outward evidence of a changed heart) is hard for me to accept. We cannot help but change when the Holy Spirit is within us.

Reactions: ScottA and Nancy

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Misty Williams another way to know if you are being saved is affirmation and realization that God's Spirit is always moving in you, even on a daily basis with the Father's word - his words and thoughts.

For example:
(Joh 4:14) but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (ESV)

God's Spirit is described as a spring of water that moves 'up' within you. I can actually attest that many thoughts and words come to me sharply and precisely, particularly when I mediate on scripture or write about it. I know many of them were not conceived by me. Sometimes they do linger and 'float up' or suddenly burst out into my mind. And sometimes I get a ton, and it's hard to distinguish mine from the Spirit.

Needless to say I'm delighted and glad I have this on-going experience that became more evident in my life as I matured in spirit.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of the dead are only raised up in the second resurrection unto judgment, some to everlasting life and some to everlasting contempt.
I've never heard it put like that before.

I believe you are referencing John 5:28-29 and you are speaking of the Millennium, but I understood that doctrine to hold that verse as speaking of those resurrected to life to happen first and those to shame and contempt to happen 1,000 years later.

Is that not what you meant? Or do you believe there will be a resurrection at the end of the Millennium that will consist of those raised to life AND those to contempt?

ETA: I guess it's a combination of that passage and Daniel 12:2.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never heard it put like that before.

I believe you are referencing John 5:28-30 and you are speaking of the Millennium, but I understood that doctrine to hold that verse as speaking of those resurrected to life to happen first and those to shame and contempt to happen 1,000 years later.

Is that not what you meant? Or do you believe there will be a resurrection at the end of the Millennium that will consist of those raised to life AND those to contempt?
The millennium is just a figure of speech meaning in the fullness of time. Jesus is the apex of all things. The "thousand years" are one and the same. All things occur in His time, which was and is His "day" and "hour", even before the foundation of the world.

All of history is just the manifest revelation of all that is written, the media of God.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The millennium is just a figure of speech meaning in the fullness of time. Jesus is the apex of all things. The "thousand years" are one and the same. All things occur in His time, which was and is His "day" and "hour", even before the foundation of the world.

All of history is just the manifest revelation of all that is written, the media of God.
I'm really tired tonight, but I don't think you answered my question.

No big deal. Not an overly engrossing topic really.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.” (1 Corinthians 10:12)

I think having the same attitude that Paul had here is wise:

“Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after” (Philippians 3:12)

Because:

“…you, that were at one time alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:21-23)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm really tired tonight, but I don't think you answered my question.

No big deal. Not an overly engrossing topic really.
Revelation 20:5 ...all in the fulness of time.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Misty Williams

Needless to say I'm delighted and glad I have this on-going experience that became more evident in my life as I matured in spirit.
Amen! I could not imagine going through life not having the comfort that I am a new creature in Christ and I am of the sheep in Jesus' flock :)
I've seen the evidence of Christ operating in my life and I'm so glad for the grace of God.

Reactions: APAK

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:5 ...all in the fulness of time.
Ok so you believe that there will be a resurrection 1,000 years after Christ's return which will entail both the raising of some to life and some to damnation.

Gotcha.

I've never heard anyone claim that before.

New one on me.

So what happens to those raised upon Jesus' return in your theology?

And what is the point in two separate resurrections of the saints?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so you believe that there will be a resurrection 1,000 years after Christ's return which will entail both the raising of some to life and some to damnation.

Gotcha.

I've never heard anyone claim that before.

New one on me.

So what happens to those raised upon Jesus' return in your theology?

And what is the point in two separate resurrections of the saints?
No, that is not at all what I have been meaning to portray.

What I have been saying is the words in spirit--that is, from God's timeless eternal perspective, mean that all that happens in the world is "in the fullness of time"...but in the reality of God--in God, all things occur in the time or hour of Christ, which was before the foundation of the world, and only manifest in the world to reveal it all to men "each in his own order" in written form, that is to say, in storyline form...as it is written.

The point of the two [biblical] resurrections, is the act of Christ making the church His "body" for the salvation of those who are His of the dead and of the living.