HOW DO WE SAY THANKS TO CHRIST FOR SACRIFICING HIMSELF FOR US?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
faa01914cf0e2eba6a0e9a75540693f0.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attitude of gratitude at all times, PRAISE/WORSHIP.

Obey Him...

1 John 5:3
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

Of course there are so many other ways to show and LIVE our gratitude. It seems impossible to think that I could even possibly thank Him enough!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attitude of gratitude at all times, PRAISE/WORSHIP.

Obey Him...

1 John 5:3
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

Of course there are so many other ways to show and LIVE our gratitude. It seems impossible to think that I could even possibly thank Him enough!
YES!! Sister, this is the scripture that came to mind for me as well.
Just love Him because He first loved us. Everything flows from there. If we're struggling, we just need to behold Him more ... to know Him is to love Him. :)

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!! Sister, this is the scripture that came to mind for me as well.
Just love Him because He first lived us. Everything flows from there. If we're struggling, we just need to behold Him more ... to know Him is to love Him. :)

Spiritual minds think alike :) For sure, EVERYTHING flows from there!
Had some good alone time with Him at the park this morning...it is beautiful here...yesterday too! ALL good things come from Him.
I have been thinking about you, how are you doing?

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual minds think alike :) For sure, EVERYTHING flows from there!
Had some good alone time with Him at the park this morning...it is beautiful here...yesterday too! ALL good things come from Him.
That's awesome. :) It's been quite nice here lately too ... finally, some sunshine. I have a spot in the yard where I can enjoy the sunshine, birds, squirrels ...and the occasional train off in the distance. Lol

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's awesome. :) It's been quite nice here lately too ... finally, some sunshine. I have a spot in the yard where I can enjoy the sunshine, birds, squirrels ...and the occasional train off in the distance. Lol
.....and I noticed my typo, so I just fixed it. lol :D

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE train whistles in the distance, especially when sleeping. Can't wait for the baby animals! Enjoy your special spot. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE train whistles in the distance, especially when sleeping. Can't wait for the baby animals! Enjoy your special spot. :)
The train is about a mile away. When we first moved here, it was hard to sleep through it. It took a few months to get used to it. Now, it's not so bad. lol
I went to the Dollar Store a week ago and got some good solid yard chairs and tables with iron frames ...and there's a "patio" area off the side of the house. Maybe I'll share some photos soon. (Need to mow my yard first! lol)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The train is about a mile away. When we first moved here, it was hard to sleep through it. It took a few months to get used to it. Now, it's not so bad. lol
I went to the Dollar Store a week ago and got some good solid yard chairs and tables with iron frames ...and there's a "patio" area off the side of the house. Maybe I'll share some photos soon. (Need to mow my yard first! lol)

It sounds great. I so miss being in the country. Sigh. God willing, my house will sell this summer. His will is ALL I want and, if He want's me to stay here, in the city, so be it.
If we were closer, I could visit you in your "spot" and have fellowship :)
I have to run, hope to see you on here later!
xo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we show our appreciation?
Did not Jesus himself show his appreciation for his Father with the implementation of what he said here?

"...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Whatever we have been doing or have wanted to be doing in and with ourselves, has it always equaled exactly God's will for us? If not, would not doing whatever we can to get into His will be showing our appreciation for what Jesus has done for us?

Anyone fallen short? I certainly have the end is not yet. He worked so are we not to work also?

First Jesus:
"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

Then you and I?

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:29

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matt 5:16

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds great. I so miss being in the country. Sigh. God willing, my house will sell this summer. His will is ALL I want and, if He want's me to stay here, in the city, so be it.
If we were closer, I could visit you in your "spot" and have fellowship :)
I have to run, hope to see you on here later!
xo
Yes, ma'am! I'd love that! Praying your house sells soon!
Have a blessed day, Nancy. :)