How do you know you are "saved" or "not saved"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

As you showed, amigo, we have the assurance of our salvation and we KNOW it.

God bless
Johann
Thus let us say it as paul did . let all who NAME the NAME of CHRIST depart from inquity .

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need the holy spirit. First Corinthians 2:14. But the natural man received not the things of the spirt of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spirtualty Discerned. PSUCHIKOS in Greek means = natural. PNEUMATIKOS in Greek means = spiritually. I gave this in Greek language. Many people have spirit of stupor, their eyes are spirtualty closed. They can't understand the meat of God's word. First Corinthians 3:1. And I brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spirtual, but as unto carnal, even as babes in christ. SARKIKOS in Greek means = carnal. God placed spirit of slumber on some people for different reasons. Why would Jesus do this??. How much havoc would fake shepherds have, if they had holy spirit. Taking people's property or money, ect. That's one good reason why !. Psalm 49:19. He shall go to the generations of his fathers; They shall never see the light. This is really sad news my friends. Majority will have to wait until millennium is over to have access to Jesus. At the 7th trump the millennium starts. The wicked and spirtualty dead will have to wait until millennium is over, to run up to Jesus.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you've followed the biblical plan of salvation you know you're saved.

When all pertinent scriptures are considered as relates to salvation, you end up with the following list of requirements:
1. Belief and faith
2. Confession of belief as did the Ethiopian eunuch on Acts 8 consistent with Romans 10:9
3. Repentance as the Jews were told to do in Acts 2:38
4. Baptism for the remission of sins also per Acts 2:38.
That's the plan. And being faithful unto death.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking for opinions on this subject.
What is the evidence?
Are you sure?
'But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus,
Who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness,
and sanctification, and redemption:
That, according as it is written,
He that glorieth, let Him glory in the Lord.'

(1 Corinthians 1:30-31)

Hello @Triumph1300,

Faith is just believing that what God says He will do.

Faith entered into me by the hearing of the word of God. I heard the gospel of the grace of God, and I believed what I heard. I continue to believe God. I do not look for evidence within, for in me there is no good thing. I accept God's assessment of my condition in the flesh, and walk in the spirit. How? By faith. By continuing to read what God has said concerning His Son, His person and His work: acknowledging by faith the completeness of that finished work; and living accordingly, as one who has been born from above, in thanksgiving and praise. Walking in newness of life before the Father, in Christ Jesus, as one who has been raised from the dead.

I believe God: Who has placed me in Christ Jesus. (1 Corinthians 1:30-31). I am His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10). The work that He has begun in me He will continue to do until the day of Christ. How do I know this? He has said so. (Philippians 1:6)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Just looking for opinions on this subject.
What is the evidence?
Are you sure?
NEW TESTAMENT EVIDENCE FOR ONE'S SALVATION

Evidence for one's salvation is based on the New Covenant (cf. Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 36:22-36) in Jesus:

The character of the Father (cf. John 3:16), the work of the Son (cf. 2 Cor. 5:21), and the ministry of the Spirit (cf. Rom. 8:14-16), not on human performance (cf. Eph. 2:8-9), not wages due for obedience, not just a creed.
It is a gift (cf. Rom. 3:24; 6:23; Eph. 2:5,8-9).

It is a new life, a new worldview (cf. James and 1 John).

is knowledge (the gospel), fellowship (faith in and with Jesus), and a new lifestyle (Spirit-led Christlikeness, cf. Eph. 1:4; 2:10) all three, not just any one by itself.

The tests of true salvation in 1 John 2:3-2.

1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him,
1Jn 2:5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him:
1Jn 2:6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

willingness to confess sin (initially and continually), 1 John 1:9

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we confess (ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.”

Confession of sin to God and to one another (Jas_5:16) is urged throughout the N.T. from John the Baptist (Mar_1:5) on.

lifestyle obedience, 1 John 2:3-6

lifestyle love, 1 John 2:7-11 ( SPECIAL TOPIC: LOVE)

victory over the evil, 1 John 2:12-14
forsaking the world, 1 John 2:15-17

perseverance, 1 John 2:19

correct doctrine, 1 John 2:20-24; 4:1-3

These tests in 1 John can be summarized in three areas.

the doctrinal test (belief in Jesus, cf. 1 John 2:18-25; 4:1-3,14-16; 5:1,5,10)

lifestyle test (obedience, cf. 1 John 2:3-7; 3:1-10, 22-24)

the social test (love, cf. 1 John 2:7-11; 3:11-18; 4:7-12,16-21; 5:1-2)
Remember, the gospel is

a person to welcome (personal relationship)
truths about that person to believe
a life like that person's to live (Christlikeness is the goal)

I think this should answer your question, and if you need more.........

Christianity is not only in words, but a radically transformed style of life, diametrically opposed to that of the world.

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
willingness to confess sin (initially and continually), 1 John 1:9

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we confess (ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.”
Good post brother. Notice that - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Some people seem to misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and if we forget a sin we are toast!

Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.

Reactions: Johann

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you've followed the biblical plan of salvation you know you're saved.
You're right: I'm saved.

I am going to be seated in the Heaven of Heaven and nothing will be able to cause me to leave God's presence!

He will grow in Praise, and I will grow in Peace.

Biblethumper

Feb 19, 2023
Delran
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit came to me. It was a supernatural experience. That's how I know.

However, I am not saying that is a requirement for all. Do you meet the salvation requirements of Scripture? Roman 10:9, those who exclaim Jesus is Lord and God raised him from the dead will be saved.

Obviously, the gates of heaven will not be breached by mere lip service. Do you really meet the Romans 10:9 criteria? It is a matter of life or death. Hence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Hope this helps.
Matthew 28:18 Jesus says to his disciples baptize in the name of the father son and holy spirit. , also, when Jesus was baptized, the heavens opened and he saw the spirit of God descending on him, God said this is my beloved son. they are all one, but at the same time perform different acts.