How does God know everything that is going to happen in the future?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Because He is the author of the Book and what He has written HE will bring to pass. He has given us the end from the beginning and His Word does not return void. He is the Alpha and the Omega the beginning and the end. All kings and authorities rather good or evil reign only by His allowing. Our governments and children, nations and ways are a result of our reaping what we have sown in our children, families and allowed in our communities.
All that we call natural disasters are the works of God's hand for sin in the world. He uses all of His creation for His mighty works from the water's, to the insects to the plagues and hills & war/sword. He also blesses us by His hand as well. Who is on the right hand of God? His Word sits ON the right hand of God for all things were created by Christ and nothing that the Father created was without His Word.

We see much evil getting more and more in the earth because those who are of willing hearts to sin and take the mark of A BEAST being of an ungodly anti-Word nature to be their own god are being flushed out and we see the mighty works of our God shaking the heavens and the earth to see what they are made of and who can stand.
We as believer's should not be standing in line with the ungodly world that does not understand what is happening and they shudder in fear. But we have a mighty God who is doing the Works that we see and is in total control of all things.
The ONLY thing we must fear is THE LORD.
Ps 33:5-9
5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
KJV
Ps 34:9-14
9 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
KJV

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I covered this before. God created time not vice versa, so without time everything is present. Now to get from one place to another in dstance or in time would then mean without time everything is present and so without space - everything is touch...everything is feel.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shabbat shalom, terry, and Happy Chanukkah!

terry said:
I covered this before. God created time not vice versa, so without time everything is present. Now to get from one place to another in dstance or in time would then mean without time everything is present and so without space - everything is touch...everything is feel.
What are you talking about? We live in God's creation of a space-mass-time continuum. One cannot have time without mass moving through space. One also cannot understand space without mass moving in time. God will not remove time any more than He will remove space or mass! God has given us four dimensions through which we live and move: length, width, depth, and time. Without movement through space, there would be no time, BUT we HAVE movement through space! And, we will ALWAYS have movement through space! It is folly to think that God is going to un-make His universe or change the laws of His universe!

There's nothing in Scripture to make us think that He would make such changes. To the contrary, there are MANY verses that suggest just the opposite is true! Eternity is not the absence of time; it is the fulness of time! It's "all the time in the world!" Nothing physical will change when eternity "begins." And, actually it is a fallacy to say that "eternity begins" when what we really mean to say is that prophecy runs out.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Hi Retrobyter Merry Christmas to you and yours...

The topic is: " How does God know everything... "

but you took it to: : What are you talking about? We live in God's creation of a space-mass-time continuum...

Of course, this seems to make it as a pre-destiny thing...but it only seems so. Does anyone know why it is not?

I hope that helps you understand my point.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the way i was shown that best explained it for me was to see how prophesy worked. prophesy works by us each making a decision and every decision we make is the path we choose but every decision also has more then one path available but only one of those paths is from God. which decision we make determines the path whether right or wrong. but God has foreseen all the paths we can take within our lives and has already decided on a course of action for each path. unfortunately because we have a free will, many people refuse God's paths for our lives and think that if i choose things contrary to what God wants then i am living my own life and what will be will be. God has already mapped out every decision we could ever have within our lives and at each decision God is trying to get us to go his way. but because of free will it is our choice which path we ultimately follow. will it be life or death?

God bless

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
7angels said:
the way i was shown that best explained it for me was to see how prophesy worked. prophesy works by us each making a decision and every decision we make is the path we choose but every decision also has more then one path available but only one of those paths is from God. which decision we make determines the path whether right or wrong. but God has foreseen all the paths we can take within our lives and has already decided on a course of action for each path. unfortunately because we have a free will, many people refuse God's paths for our lives and think that if i choose things contrary to what God wants then i am living my own life and what will be will be. God has already mapped out every decision we could ever have within our lives and at each decision God is trying to get us to go his way. but because of free will it is our choice which path we ultimately follow. will it be life or death?

God bless
I like that! And yes I can see that it can apply to us as individuals, but the Bible tells us the end from the beginning of the Book of the destiny of all nations and the heavens and earth as well.
We,Mankind, shall be restored as it was in the beginning a full circle back to the way it was before Adam fell the day he died spiritually due to disobedience to God's Word. The Spirit of covering left him naked and ashamed being seeped in sin and where God used to provide and protect, they hide from God and had to learn to sew their own clothes and protect themselves the best they could.
Many falsely believe that we are just saved and that is all there is too it and no further action need be taken, which is the deception. They swoon over the man made images of pictures they claim to be God(idolatry) as he is coming to marry them. They totally neglect to love honor and obey the Word, know it intimately for the shedding of their flesh man.

We MUST overcome sins of the flesh by obedience to Christ being the Word.
So the reason that God knows all of the prophecies is because He spoke beforehand what would happen and IT WAS or will be soon. Many think of the scriptures as just warnings of God knowing the future that will take place as in just reading minds.. but in reality it is God fulfilling His Word and it does not return void. All things WILL go as He said they will. The good angels and bad angels loosed in the book of Revelation of Christ are doing the will of God for God has kept them for set times to be loosed or to bring the viles, or the horses etc....

It is God who is Soveriegn over all the earth, not Satan. Satan is the Adversary of those who try to do right by being the Temptor of man, then once we bite the apple he becomes our Accuser so that we receive Just punishment from God to destroy us. For Satan knows that God is JUST and are rewards(for good or evil) according to our actions. That is why we must abide in the secret place of the Most High, abide in the Word and stay hidden in Christ under the blood. When we abide in the Word under the blood, we lookjust like Jesus to the Father and the devil can not touch us as long as we are in growing in the Word into the image of the FIRSTBORN for we are blessed.... Just as Jacob was disguised by his mother as Esau being MADE into the image of the firstborn to receive the blessing.So is our mother heavenly Jerusalem preparing us in her womb to be birthed into the image of the Firstborn meaning Christ our head of his body(children, sons) the receive the Blessing of Abraham in Christ Jesus!

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
I have often thought about this topic,and i have a question.When cain killed abel,God seemed suprised at what happened.I dont think he saw it coming.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some have the belief that our Creator, Jehovah God's exercise of his foreknowledge is infinite and that he does foreordain the course and destiny of all individuals and is known as predestinarianism. Its advocates reason that God’s divinity and perfection require that he be omniscient (all-knowing), not only respecting the past and present but also regarding the future. According to this concept, for him not to foreknow all matters in their minutest detail would evidence imperfection.

However, God uses his powers of foreknowledge selectively, choosing what he wishes to foresee and reveals this to "his servants, the prophets".(Amos 3:7) To accept the predestinarian view would mean that, prior to creating angels or earthling man, God exercised his powers of foreknowledge and foresaw and foreknew all that would result from such creation, including the rebellion of one of his spirit sons, the subsequent rebellion of the first human pair in Eden (Gen 3:1-6; John 8:44), and all the bad consequences of such rebellion down to and beyond this present day.

This would necessarily mean that all the wickedness that history has recorded (the crime and immorality, oppression and resultant suffering, lying and hypocrisy, false worship and idolatry) once existed, before creation’s beginning, only in the mind of God, in the form of his foreknowledge of the future in all of its minutest details.

If the Creator of mankind had indeed exercised his power to foreknow all that history has seen since man’s creation, then the full weight of all the wickedness thereafter resulting was deliberately set in motion by God when he spoke the words: “Let us make man.” (Gen 1:26) These facts bring into question the reasonableness and consistency of the predestinarian concept; particularly so, since the disciple James shows that disorder and other vile things do not originate from God’s heavenly presence but are “earthly, animal, demonic” in source.(James 3:14-18)

Hence, God, at his discretion, uses his power to selectively foreknow the future of persons and events, as in the case of the world powers at Daniel 2 and 7, 8 and the ' kings of the north and south' at Daniel 11. Instead of utilizing his foreknowledge as to whether a person will be loyal, God's "eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him."(2 Chron 16:9)

There would be no need for God to ' rove about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him' if he already foreknew that these would either be obedient or rebellious. He would not have to search out these ones, if he knew in advance who were going to have a ' complete heart toward God ' and who would not.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Pelaides.

Pelaides said:
I have often thought about this topic,and i have a question.When cain killed abel,God seemed suprised at what happened.I dont think he saw it coming.
No, that's not what God was doing in His confrontation with Qayin (Cain). He was letting Qayin admit to what he had done. Qayin failed to admit or repent, and God forced him see the gravity of the situation, making him see the far-reaching consequences of His actions. He may even have planted the suggestion in Qayin to listen for his brother's blood crying out! Do you know why Qayin couldn't work the fields any longer? It wasn't some "magical" curse that God put on Qayin; God didn't say "I curse you." He said, "Now you are cursed from the ground!" He CURSED HIMSELF! Now, every time Qayin wanted to go into a field to till the ground or plant anything, he was going to be thinking about the last time he was in the field with his brother! HIS OWN THOUGHTS would plague him! THAT'S why he would never be able to get anything to grow from then on! He couldn't even LOOK at a field without the guilt washing over him! He was a MURDERER!

I believe that Nowd (Nod) was an underground cavern in which Qayin and his wife could hide and live and gather mushrooms or something, away from the "face of God" and driven from the "(sur)face of the earth." It was there that he built his city, Chanokh, named after his son, and it was there that he would live out his days, because, so far as is recorded for us, he never made any sort of restitution or asked forgiveness from God!

Take God by surprise? Nah, God was just trying to get through to him but allowing him to make his own choices.