How fast are you going?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How fast are you going?

In the epistle to the Hebrews (12:1), the author introduces us to the RACE. He tells us to RUN hard so as to win the prize. He also entreats us to lay aside the weight of sin that ensnares and would slow us down, like running with a ball and chain around our ankles. Looking at the effects of sin we can see how that could happen.

Psalm 1:1 states that blessed is the man who does not

WALK in the counsel of the wicked or
STANDs in the way of sinners or
SITs in the seat of scoffers.

When we sin, repeatedly sin and dwell in sin it will have the effect of slowing down our lives. As we can see above, we go from running, to walking, to standing and finally sitting. Sin brings guilt which forces us to deal with the sin and therefore detracts us from our ministry for him. When we persist in sin, we find what was walking now brings us to a standstill. Guilt increase, our prayer life decreases and reading the Word becomes practically no existent. Sin will takes us even further where we fall and sit. (Sitting being the place of apathy, inaction, laziness) It is no more God who sits on the throne of our hearts but us.

Only one thing can reverse the trend: REPENTANCE

RE – Recognizing our sin and situation
PEN – Approaching God with a Penitent heart
TAN – Tangibly changing our heart and attitudes
CE – Ceasing all sin and unrighteousness

At this point we can restart the race. We begin to stand as Ephesians 6:10-13 would put it.

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

As we walk in obedience and purity, God will pave the way for us. This will allow us to begin the walk and then promote us back to running the race. It can even take us into new heights of soaring with eagles.

(Isaiah 40:31) But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall (3) MOUNT UP with wings as eagles; they shall (2) RUN, and not be weary; and they shall (1) WALK, and not faint.

Soaring with God is a magnificent thing. Mind you, there is only one who soared so high that God told him to stick around. That was Enoch.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the context of a born again believer maybe another way of saying it is, look to where you are going or your destiny if you will rather than where you have been or what you might regret in your past.

truly one needs to correct or be corrected, hence turn from one's own ways and need to examine the causes of past errors, but looking to one's destiny in Christ, is Christ, hence keeping one's eye on Christ.

we can have a tendency to judge ourselves according to our own judgement of what is good and evil, but Paul points out that he's not qualified to judge him self. we must learn to stay away from judgement, God's Judgement is Life but man's judgement results in death. this is not to say one shouldn't have discernment, but discernment is merely to discern what is for or against God's Judgement which is already good.

excellent posting by the way

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am absoulotly flying right now. I have a desire to lay down my life daily its growing nothing of me/ Its all from God. All I did is ask for it.
Here is my prayers. Lord bless you thank you you love me. Thank you Father for Jesus and letting Him come. Thank you Father your desire is for me. You love me. I am worth the blood of Jesus to you. Thank you Lord I am holy . You said it Lord I am only coming into agree ment with You. Thank you Holy Ghost you are leading me into all truth. Thanks you I have the mind of Christ. Thansk you Father you are teaching me to call those things into being that are not. Thank you Lord I am whole and healed baought and paid for thank you Lord all my chilfed know you. Thank you lord my wife knows you. Thank you Lord fro growing my kids up in the understanding of healing and now even they are walking in it, Thank you jesus I love you. Thank you you first loved me. You are anazing. Thank you our relationship is growing as I surrender., Lord I want to love my city. there not very nice. So I need you heart Father I want to love them like you love them I want to spend time with them and real time. I want to share your word with them So thank you that it is your will to give me the kingdom. Lord you have touched so many people now through me. Thank you father for todays testimoies that will come through the fire and not be burnt up. Your anazing Father God creator of all thing. You word will stand for ever bless you. Jeus You really came and layed down your life for us. Thank you. I love you Holy Ghost thank you for all the time you spend with me. I love you. Lord let it be so that you will be my first thought tomorrow morning whene I wake up. Amen Love you guys. Love you.
So there that is how I pray. I knowe who I am I know what authrity I have., I know who I represent. and I know the commisin. and this is grwing in me uncontrolably. Woo hoo lets get it on tomorrows Yes jesus.

Reactions: perrero

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
in the context of a born again believer maybe another way of saying it is, look to where you are going or your destiny if you will rather than where you have been or what you might regret in your past.

truly one needs to correct or be corrected, hence turn from one's own ways and need to examine the causes of past errors, but looking to one's destiny in Christ, is Christ, hence keeping one's eye on Christ.

we can have a tendency to judge ourselves according to our own judgement of what is good and evil, but Paul points out that he's not qualified to judge him self. we must learn to stay away from judgement, God's Judgement is Life but man's judgement results in death. this is not to say one shouldn't have discernment, but discernment is merely to discern what is for or against God's Judgement which is already good.

excellent posting by the way

Thank you dear sir!