• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Many believers do not enjoy their Christianity as they should because they have an idea of God, and how to deal with Him and how He deals with them, that is remarkably wrong.

There are many born again Saints whose entire idea of fellowship with God is not friendship, is not a love relationship, is not family..... but its a sort of a "how do i make myself worthy enough for God to be nice to me and accept me and keep me".
That's Legalism.

Its almost a sort of mild performance anxiety mental issue that most believer's have, where the believer has not been able to accept or believe that God loves them because God is LOVE and that is what He does, because that is who He is......in reality.
Instead they are forever straining at the straps, earning, stressing, trying to abide, ever seeking to perform enough, long enough, so that God can accept them.
That's their "faith". That's their "belief"... that's their Legalism BONDAGE.

And truly, this performance based Christian mentality is a straight jacket of misery, and if you are wearing it, i want to offer you a verse to meditate on so that you get a True Vision of the Merciful God who saved you, and not because you earned it, but only because "God so loved YOU" that even if you were the only person in the world He still would have sent His Blessed Son to the Cross just to bring YOU home to His Kingdom and into His heart.

Look at this verse... and see the real God, your Father.

John 16:24 :

"and hitherto have you asked nothing in my name : ASK and you shall receive, that your JOY MAY BE FULL.""

Now, let me expound this just a little .........on this fine Sunday.

"what are you waiting for""?..=God asks... im your Father.....I love you......and i want to give to you my blessing so that your joy may be full"

Now, did you notice what you are to do to earn this fullness of Joy that God wants to give you?

Answer.) = nothing :)

You dont earn it. And the reason is, .. God's love for you is not a performance based rewards system.
God is not up there taking notes and awarding and subtracting reward points, and if you finally do enough and get enough points you finally get a blessing.
That is not God.
That is not how God's love works, or functions.... Yet many believers are working to get God's love., working to get God's acceptance.... working to get God to love them... working to try to make it into heaven......and they never feel God's love, ever..... because God's love is FREELY given.
Its just like Salvation....You DON"T EARN IT. You RECEIVE IT.

You noticed the reward stated for simply asking God in prayer ??????? ? = "that your JOY might be full"... = Blessing, blessing, blessing..
God wants this for you all the time.
This is How He loves you.... He loves by GIVING and GIVING, and never is this based on your performance. Its always and only based on God's nature.... God is a giver... God is LOVE.
God loves YOU.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Isn't it wonderful to know that we have a Father who loves to bless...
And this blessing , or the favor, is not related to performance, but its related to POSITION, as a FAMILY MEMBER.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. " Matt 5:3-11

Reactions: Nancy and icxn

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. " Matt 5:3-11

Those are all beautiful words....
But, a better application is to address the born again.
How does God BLESS His "Sons" who are redeemed?

Look at #6.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God".

Well, there is a significant difference between being CALLED a child of God and actually being a BORN AGAIN Child of God.

Look at #7. "persecuted.....= theirs is the kingdom of Heaven"..

Well, that is not the same as the Kingdom of GOD, that is where the born again exist RIGHT NOW.

Look at #4..."the merciful shall obtain mercy"....but every day since the Cross was raised ... = the worst of us, the most horrible of us, who were not "merciful", are being born again, because we gave God our FAITH...........and not our "mercy" to anyone.
So, once again, these are beautiful and practical enlightenments you posted, but have little to do with the Grace of God, or how to become born again, or how to exist in the favor of God as a born again Believer.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are all beautiful words....
But, a better application is to address the born again.
So, once again, these are beautiful and practical enlightenments you posted, but have little to do with the Grace of God, or how to become born again, or how to exist in the favor of God as a born again Believer.

Whose words here are better than those of Jesus? Did what Jesus say in Matthew 5 as cited in post #3 have little to do with the Grace of God?

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Matt 5:45

It seems to me that God has some grace for everyone. We all receive rain, whether we are just or unjust. All of us here have received the opportunity to serve God, whether we do or we do not ever actually serve Him. Are not all of things that God has given us "grace" from God? What is grace anyway?

“…all things come of thee…” I Chron 29:14

But... isn’t there more? Yes, certainly!

"For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:46-48

Isn't Jesus making a distinction here between what every man actually does and what God would have men to do? The grace is there, but isn't something on our part necessary, before and as the grace of God takes up the slack?

It rains on every man, but not every man plants a garden and weeds it to take advantage of God's "grace" to accomplish something like bearing fruit such as tomatoes, peas, carrots, squash, etc. [love, joy, meekness, gentleness, kindness, etc.]

Are not those truly born of God empowered to overcome the world of temptations as Jesus did as a man of flesh?

"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world:.." I John 5:4

Can a person who is truly born of God just sit back and wait for all the Promises of God to come to him? Should he? Who is that person's beloved? What are we willing and wanting to do for our beloved?

If we expect to be increased isn't the way up by the downward way? Go back and read again those words of Jesus in post #3... and see how they apply.

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" Luke 14:10-11

What else did Jesus say?

"Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you." John 13:13-15

Whose feet are we washing now?

"The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord." Matt 10:24

"And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." Matt 10:38-39

And where are our crosses now? When we come to Jesus it should be a light thing, but nonetheless we have to pick it up and carry it, don't we?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Have we eaten of his flesh and drunk of his blood? If we have not, then where is our Life? Without Life who can speak of being born again or born from above?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Whose words here are better than those of Jesus?
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

Yes, Jesus is Beautiful, the most beautiful, and all his words are beautiful, but, not all of them are doctrine related to how to be born again, and in some cases, not literally related to being blessed by God in the "time of the Gentiles".

Also, keep in mind that the "drinketh my Blood and eateth my flesh", is symbolic. "do this in remembrance of Me"...Jesus said.
Consider that when Jesus was telling those in the upper room to take that Cup of blood, He still had his REAL BLOOD in His BODY, as it was not yet shed on the CROSS for the remission of the world's sin. John 3:16

Im about to post a new Thread.

"The 3 Gifts".

Check it out, in a few mins, or tomorrow if you are around.

B

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus is Beautiful, the most beautiful, and all his words are beautiful, but, not all of them are doctrine related to how to be born again, and in some cases, not literally related to being blessed by God in the "time of the Gentiles".

Also, keep in mind that the "drinketh my Blood and eateth my flesh", is symbolic. "do this in remembrance of Me"...Jesus said.
Consider that when Jesus was telling those in the upper room to take that Cup of blood, He still had his REAL BLOOD in His BODY, as it was not yet shed on the CROSS for the remission of the world's sin. John 3:16

Im about to post a new Thread.

"The 3 Gifts".

Check it out, in a few mins, or tomorrow if you are around.

B
Thank you for the invitation. To me the drinking and eating is not symbolic. What they did when they were with Jesus may have been, but what we are to do is not. It is real as Jesus is real. Consider what his flesh is:

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

When we eat the Word that is His flesh. When we drink his blood quickening becomes a possibility. That is not symbolic. That is no longer a type or shadow.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thank you for the invitation. To me the drinking and eating is not symbolic.

YOU Are told in Leviticus to not drink/eat blood, as this is an abomination.
So, do you think that God will later have you drink "literal blood", after He told you not to do it?
So, when that fake priest turns that wine into the "literal blood" of Jesus, and God told you not to drink Blood.......you have a problem....
Do you see it?

Once again it comes down to knowing the word of God, an not just someone's idea of it, as when you only have commentaries and opinion, you end up thinking wine is blood and salvation can be lost.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold
Amadeus said:
Thank you for the invitation. To me the drinking and eating is not symbolic.
Behold said:
YOU Are told in Leviticus to not drink/eat blood, as this is an abomination.
So, do you think that God will later have you drink "literal blood", after He told you not to do it?
So, when that fake priest turns that wine into the "literal blood" of Jesus, and God told you not to drink Blood.......you have a problem....
Do you see it?

Once again it comes down to knowing the word of God, an not just someone's idea of it, as when you only have commentaries and opinion, you end up thinking wine is blood and salvation can be lost.
My Bibles are all very worn from handling in reading and study and prayer. My commentaries purchased many years ago mostly in second hand book stores are just like new because I have used them so rarely.

You speak of Leviticus and the red blood to which Esau was partial in Genesis , which was forbidden to men under the law given to Moses but you seem to be unaware of the cleansed or white blood of which, I believe, Jesus was speaking. I would be willing to share with you the understanding God has give me...

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" I Cor 3:18-21