How God Proved The Bible Alone Is True And That All Other Religions Are Lying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're a new Christian, you should know that the question, "How do I know the Bible is true?" is often answered inadequately and, thus, needlessly invites skepticism:

"Because God says it is".
"Because my preacher says it is."
"Because my father/mother/grandparent says it is."
"Because when I began reading it, it made me feel better."
"Because (insert miraculous experience here) happened in my church."

Skeptics are quick to point out that all religions believe their god is the true God, preachers and family are not infallible, the heart is deceitful above all things, and supernatural phenomenon is found throughout the religious world. It's true. All religions look the same. They all have houses of worship, priesthoods, rituals, sacred texts, even signs, wonders, and miracles. However, there's one thing that the Bible contains that's not found in any other religion - prophecy. That's why over 2,600 years ago in Isaiah 41, the God of the Bible threw out a challenge to the rest of the so called "gods" of this world to prove their divinity by demonstrating an ability to do what He Himself has effortlessly done over and over in the Bible:

"DECLARE UNTO US THE FUTURE, THAT WE MAY KNOW YOU ARE GODS".

Immediately after throwing out this challenge, He lined up all these "gods" in a row and smacked the living dogsnot out of each and every one of them with back of His powerful right hand, saying, "Behold, you are NOTHING, your counsel is NOTHING, and anyone that trusts in you is an ABOMINATION".

Now, if I were Allah, or Buddha, or Baphumet, or Zeus, or Baal, or Zoroaster, or any of the rest of them, and I heard Him say that, I'd have been furious. I'd have immediately called my religious leaders together and told them to grab pen and paper and get ready to right down all these future events that are coming to pass, if only to shut that arrogant Jehovah up.

2,600 years later, and not a single one of these false "gods" has stepped up to the challenge. Not one. You can read the Koran, the Lotus-Sutra, the Bhagavad Gita, the Mahabharata, or any other religious book of any world religion and you will not find anything that even begins to approach the level of quantity, specificity, and accuracy of fulfillment of prophecy that is found in the Bible. Because the author of all these false systems of worship, Satan, is a creature like you and me who can't say for certain what will happen tomorrow, let alone thousands of years into the future, as the prophecies of Daniel and John the Revelator demonstrate. This is why the "sacred texts" of the rest of the religious world pale in comparison to the Bible with its Spirit of Prophecy contained therein. Secular historians cannot understand how Daniel, a 6th century B.C. Hebrew captive living in Babylon, was able to accurately predict the rise and fall of the four great Eastern empires and even events that followed after. They infamously claimed that the book of Daniel had to have been written much later and then inserted into the Bible as an "ancient" book, a claim that has since been debunked by archaeology. 2,600 years later, the challenge remains unanswered, and the Bible remains alone as the only sacred text which contains accurate testimony of many different prophets of the Most High Savior God.

So, the next time you hear the question, "How do we know the Bible is true?" you can answer confidently in the words of Jesus: "And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe."

Last edited:

Reverend S

Apr 29, 2023
LONDON
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you're a new Christian, you should know that the question, "How do I know the Bible is true?" is often answered inadequately and, thus, needlessly invites skepticism:

Skeptics are quick to point out that all religions believe their god is the true God, preachers and family are not infallible, the heart is deceitful above all things, and supernatural phenomenon is found throughout the religious world. It's true. All religions look the same. They all have houses of worship, priesthoods, rituals, sacred texts, even signs, wonders, and miracles. However, there's one thing that the Bible contains that's not found in any other religion - prophecy. That's why over 2,600 years ago in Isaiah 41, the God of the Bible threw out a challenge to the rest of the so called "gods" of this world to prove their divinity by demonstrating an ability to do what He Himself has effortlessly done over and over in the Bible:

Immediately after throwing out this challenge, He lined up all these "gods" in a row and smacked the living dogsnot out of each and every one of them with back of His powerful right hand, saying, "Behold, you are NOTHING, your counsel is NOTHING, and anyone that trusts in you is an ABOMINATION".

Now, if I were Allah, or Buddha, or Baphumet, or Zeus, or Baal, or Zoroaster, or any of the rest of them, and I heard Him say that, I'd have been furious. I'd have immediately called my religious leaders together and told them to grab pen and paper and get ready to right down all these future events that are coming to pass, if only to shut that arrogant Jehovah up.

2,600 years later, and not a single one of these false "gods" has stepped up to the challenge. Not one. You can read the Koran, the Lotus-Sutra, the Bhagavad Gita, the Mahabharata, or any other religious book of any world religion and you will not find anything that even begins to approach the level of quantity, specificity, and accuracy of fulfillment of prophecy that is found in the Bible. Because the author of all these false systems of worship, Satan, is a creature like you and me who can't say for certain what will happen tomorrow, let alone thousands of years into the future, as the prophecies of Daniel and John the Revelator demonstrate. This is why the "sacred texts" of the rest of the religious world pale in comparison to the Bible with its Spirit of Prophecy contained therein. Secular historians cannot understand how Daniel, a 6th century B.C. Hebrew captive living in Babylon, was able to accurately predict the rise and fall of the four great Eastern empires and even events that followed after. They infamously claimed that the book of Daniel had to have been written much later and then inserted into the Bible as an "ancient" book, a claim that has since been debunked by archaeology. 2,600 years later, the challenge remains unanswered, and the Bible remains alone as the only sacred text which contains accurate testimony of many different prophets of the Most High Savior God.

So, the next time you hear the question, "How do we know the Bible is true?" you can answer confidently in the words of Jesus: "And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe."
"Immediately after throwing out this challenge, He lined up all these "gods" in a row and smacked the living dogsnot out of each and every one of them with back of His powerful right hand, saying, "Behold, you are NOTHING, your counsel is NOTHING, and anyone that trusts in you is an ABOMINATION".

And we know this - How exactly?

"Secular historians cannot understand how Daniel, a 6th century B.C. Hebrew captive living in Babylon, was able to accurately predict the rise and fall of the four great Eastern empires and even events that followed after. "

And the bearing or relevance of that to anything in the world today is what exactly?

Far too much is made of the 'prophesies' in the Bible, when frankly, they strike me as being of absolutely no importance of any kind whatsoever. Now, if Daniel had written 'One day, humans will be able to communicate with each other across the world via a connected set of devices called computers that are connected to a vehicle that will be called 'the internet', then we might have had reason to be impressed.

Fact is, people 'prophesise' all the time. Stop 100 people at random on any street in the world and ask them what they think is going to happen, even next week, let alone 1000 years later, and at least 3% of them will probably be right. Alan Turing correctly predicted that computers would shrink. An illiterate trash collector I once knew correctly and very accurately predicted the establishment of a now very well established part of our society nearly 30 years ago. And 20 odd years ago, I 'prophesised' that devices would exist that would allow the speakers of one language to talk into a device that would instantly translate into another language - step forward Google translate. And I am sure there are millions of people in the world, looking at how things have turned out and patting themselves on the back and saying 'I saw that coming'.

So Daniel, predicted the rise of fall of what are now totally irrellevant 'great Eastern empires' So what?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Immediately after throwing out this challenge, He lined up all these "gods" in a row and smacked the living dogsnot out of each and every one of them with back of His powerful right hand, saying, "Behold, you are NOTHING, your counsel is NOTHING, and anyone that trusts in you is an ABOMINATION".

Please, friend, don't be obtuse. When God says to the other "gods" of the world that they're nothing, their counsel amounts to nothing, and their followers are an abomination, that's the ultimate metaphysical smackdown.
"Secular historians cannot understand how Daniel, a 6th century B.C. Hebrew captive living in Babylon, was able to accurately predict the rise and fall of the four great Eastern empires and even events that followed after. "

And the bearing or relevance of that to anything in the world today is what exactly?
Jesus questioned whether He would find "faith" (actually, a better rendering of the passage is "the faith" or "the truth") at His Second Coming, and with good reason - because in these last days, both evolution and ecumenicalism have done incalculable damage to the cause of Christ, which is why I posted this topic.
Far too much is made of the 'prophesies' in the Bible, when frankly, they strike me as being of absolutely no importance of any kind whatsoever.
Let's see if God agrees with that:

Isaiah 46:9-10 KJV:
[9] Remember the former things of old, for I am God and there is none else;
I am God and there is none like Me;
[10] Declaring the end from the beginning, and from the ancient times, the things that are not yet done,
saying,
My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure."
Now, if Daniel had written 'One day, humans will be able to communicate with each other across the world via a connected set of devices called computers that are connected to a vehicle that will be called 'the internet', then we might have had reason to be impressed.
The Bible many times accurately predicted before the fact very specific historic events often spanning thousands of years, and you're still not impressed?

Seems if the Bible did in fact mention computers and the internet, you'd complain it didn't specify "Macbook" or "AMD processors".
Fact is, people 'prophesise' all the time. Stop 100 people at random on any street in the world and ask them what they think is going to happen, even next week, let alone 1000 years later, and at least 3% of them will probably be right. Alan Turing correctly predicted that computers would shrink. An illiterate trash collector I once knew correctly and very accurately predicted the establishment of a now very well established part of our society nearly 30 years ago. And 20 odd years ago, I 'prophesised' that devices would exist that would allow the speakers of one language to talk into a device that would instantly translate into another language - step forward Google translate. And I am sure there are millions of people in the world, looking at how things have turned out and patting themselves on the back and saying 'I saw that coming'.

So Daniel, predicted the rise of fall of what are now totally irrellevant 'great Eastern empires' So what?
Even a blind pig will eventually find a truffle. Shoot enough buckshot in the air and you'll eventually hit a duck. How about we set aside your ridiculous comparisons for a moment and let's see you put your money where your mouth is, shall we?

Find a comparable, non-Biblical source anywhere in the world that - as in the case of the Bible - contains:

1. numerous future predictions throughout its pages
2. predictions as specific as those in the Bible
3. 100% accurate fulfilment of events at our current point on the prophetic timeline

You know full well you aren't able to, so either give up your rebellion against the truth or be prepared to reap the consequences of unbelief, friend.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Far too much is made of the 'prophesies' in the Bible, when frankly, they strike me as being of absolutely no importance of any kind whatsoever. Now, if Daniel had written 'One day, humans will be able to communicate with each other across the world via a connected set of devices called computers that are connected to a vehicle that will be called 'the internet', then we might have had reason to be impressed.

It's not over. The beasts mentioned in Daniel combine to form a beast in Revelation. God had this put in the Bible for a reason.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Phone! Nice to see you on more often. Your OP deserves a trophy! :Bestest:
Eschatology is actually what initially drew me into the Truth. I do not understand at all how EVERYONE is not "impressed" by His wonders! He never leaves His children in the dark :)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Phone! Nice to see you on more often. Your OP deserves a trophy! :Bestest:
Eschatology is actually what initially drew me into the Truth. I do not understand at all how EVERYONE is not "impressed" by His wonders! He never leaves His children in the dark :)
So true, mon chere! Praise God that among the many reasons we have to believe God's Word when He says "I am the first and I am the last and beside Me there is no god" - the chiefest among them is eschatology!

There's two reasons why prophecy is all but absent from the "sacred texts" of world religion: Their Satanic author, like all God's creatures, is bound by space and time and therefore can't say for certain what even tomorrow will bring - and if he tries to counterfeit the Spirit of Prophecy by predicting storm clouds for tomorrow that he himself intends to gather, God will see to it we'll have sunshine and clear blue skies! ;)

Reactions: Brakelite and Nancy

Reverend S

Apr 29, 2023
LONDON
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please, friend, don't be obtuse. When God says to the other "gods" of the world that they're nothing, their counsel amounts to nothing, and their followers are an abomination, that's the ultimate metaphysical smackdown.
What is 'obtuse' about asking someone to substantiate a claim they have made?
Let me as you again, who do we know this event you have described occured. Who was there to witness it?. What exactly was said? When did this event take place? Where did it take place? Why did it take place? And how was the message delivered. Simply questions so answer if one is making an accurate claim one would have thought.
Isaiah 46:9-10 KJV:
[9] Remember the former things of old, for I am God and there is none else;
I am God and there is none like Me;
[10] Declaring the end from the beginning, and from the ancient times, the things that are not yet done,
saying,
My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure."
And what significance does that Bible quote have to anything?
The Bible many times accurately predicted before the fact very specific historic events often spanning thousands of years, and you're still not impressed?
Can you specify exactly and precisely an event that the Bible specificially and accurately predicted?
Find a comparable, non-Biblical source anywhere in the world that - as in the case of the Bible - contains:

1. numerous future predictions throughout its pages
2. predictions as specific as those in the Bible
3. 100% accurate fulfilment of events at our current point on the prophetic timeline
Again, list specific quotes from the Bible that make DIRECT predictive claims about ACTUAL places, people and events. Ought to be easy!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is 'obtuse' about asking someone to substantiate a claim they have made?
Let me as you again, who do we know this event you have described occured. Who was there to witness it?. What exactly was said? When did this event take place? Where did it take place? Why did it take place? And how was the message delivered. Simply questions so answer if one is making an accurate claim one would have thought.

And what significance does that Bible quote have to anything?

Can you specify exactly and precisely an event that the Bible specificially and accurately predicted?

Again, list specific quotes from the Bible that make DIRECT predictive claims about ACTUAL places, people and events. Ought to be easy!
Some think God unfair for allowing ignorance to cost us dearly when they read Hosea 4:6 KJV, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." but that's because they don't continue reading: "Because thou hast REJECTED knowledge, I will also reject thee".

See, the problem isn't any stinginess on His part, but stubbornness on our part - refusal to accept the saving knowledge He abundantly offers.

I'd suggest you open the Bible to Isaiah 41 and read verses 21 - 24, which I'm almost certain you haven't done at this point.

Reactions: Brakelite

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So true, mon chere! Praise God that among the many reasons we have to believe God's Word when He says "I am the first and I am the last and beside Me there is no god" - the chiefest among them is eschatology!

There's two reasons why prophecy is all but absent from the "sacred texts" of world religion: Their Satanic author, like all God's creatures, is bound by space and time and therefore can't say for certain what even tomorrow will bring - and if he tries to counterfeit the Spirit of Prophecy by predicting storm clouds for tomorrow that he himself intends to gather, God will see to it we'll have sunshine and clear blue skies! ;)
"Prophecy by predicting storm clouds for tomorrow that he himself intends to gather, God will see to it we'll have sunshine and clear blue skies! " <--- Love how He does this kind of thing! Christianity is so different than all the rest and, I bet all of their "prophets" of old, who started these false religions are still in their graves...:Happy:

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Prophecy by predicting storm clouds for tomorrow that he himself intends to gather, God will see to it we'll have sunshine and clear blue skies! " <--- Love how He does this kind of thing! Christianity is so different than all the rest and, I bet all of their "prophets" of old, who started these false religions are still in their graves...:Happy:
:woot::woot::woot:

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, if Daniel had written 'One day, humans will be able to communicate with each other across the world via a connected set of devices called computers that are connected to a vehicle that will be called 'the internet', then we might have had reason to be impressed.
Could it be that God decides for Himself what is relevant to His people instead of satisfying individual whims of curiosity?

Just a thought.

Maybe He thinks that it might be relevant to Christians that Satan will have a masterpiece of deception to level at the inhabitants of earth in an effort to go out with a bang at the culmination of the struggle between himself and Christ.

Maybe the man of sin is actually to be revealed before "the day of Christ," as it's called in 2TH 2:2-3.

I'm just spitballing here. It's not rocket science. I'd like to be ready when Jesus comes back. I'd also like to make sure I can help as many others as possible to be ready.

Is that unreasonable? :)

Reverend S

Apr 29, 2023
LONDON
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some think God unfair for allowing ignorance to cost us dearly when they read Hosea 4:6 KJV, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." but that's because they don't continue reading: "Because thou hast REJECTED knowledge, I will also reject thee".

See, the problem isn't any stinginess on His part, but stubbornness on our part - refusal to accept the saving knowledge He abundantly offers.

I'd suggest you open the Bible to Isaiah 41 and read verses 21 - 24, which I'm almost certain you haven't done at this point.
Well, actually I have and the verses are meaningless.

Reverend S

Apr 29, 2023
LONDON
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Could it be that God decides for Himself what is relevant to His people instead of satisfying individual whims of curiosity?

Just a thought.

Maybe He thinks that it might be relevant to Christians that Satan will have a masterpiece of deception to level at the inhabitants of earth in an effort to go out with a bang at the culmination of the struggle between himself and Christ.

Maybe the man of sin is actually to be revealed before "the day of Christ," as it's called in 2TH 2:2-3.

I'm just spitballing here. It's not rocket science. I'd like to be ready when Jesus comes back. I'd also like to make sure I can help as many others as possible to be ready.

Is that unreasonable? :)
It is not reasonable, but merely puzzling. So God says, I won't tell you about computers, just in case Satan is up to his tricks? Is that what you are speculating? I mean you cannot be sure, because of course, God has some kind of special logic known only to her that apparently we mere humans will never be able to work out.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAAAAT? Sorry, can you actually explain what you mean?
It is not reasonable, but merely puzzling. So God says, I won't tell you about computers, just in case Satan is up to his tricks? Is that what you are speculating? I mean you cannot be sure, because of course, God has some kind of special logic known only to her that apparently we mere humans will never be able to work out.
I don't think I've ever encountered a "Christian Newbie" with such an intellectually hostile attitude toward the Bible. My suspicions are definitely aroused. But if you actually are interested in how accurate Bible prophecy can be, the lecture begins at about the 27:00 mark:

Oh, here's another one that's newer (it gets down to business at about 23:00):

Last edited:

Reverend S

Apr 29, 2023
LONDON
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think I've ever encountered a "Christian Newbie" with such an intellectually hostile attitude toward the Bible. My suspicions are definitely aroused. But if you actually are interested in how accurate Bible prophecy can be, the lecture begins at about the 27:00 mark:

Oh, here's another one that's newer (it gets down to business at about 23:00):

I have watched videos like this before and they are very long and without much substance. In fact, in most cases no substance at all.

Perhaps you can summarise them for me.