How has your life changed since accepting Jesus as your personal savior

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Let me share my testimonial with you. I'm 74 years old, married for 52 years and have 3 children of my own and 10 grandchildren. The Lord has blessed my family and watched over us all these years. In my early years I was raised Catholic and from a strict Catholic family. I studied for 8 years in a Catholic grade school and 2 years at a Catholic High School. This was the only religion that I new until................at the age of 18 I enlisted in the Army for 3years and trained as a Chaplin assistant now this was during the Viet Nam War. Over those 3 years I learned a lot about the different denominations and what their beliefs were I began to question what I was taught as a Catholic and then joined a Bible teaching study group. At this stage in my life I realized what was missing in my life and that was JESUS AS MY SAVIOR I accepted Jesus one evening at the Bible study and my life changed dramatically , a heavy burden was lifted from me and a calm came over me. I knew than in my heart that Jesus truly loved me and I was His child.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because I was brought up to go to Sunday school and church I always thought I was a Christian. Even when there was big hoo-hah in the press when Cliff Richard became a Christian I though so what? so am I. And then after a divorce and re-marriage at the age of 35 I 'saw the light' and gave my heart to Jesus. The world seemed brighter, I always had a smile on my face and people on buses started telling me their problems. And up to that point in my life I had suffered with depression and was taking Valium even during my pregnancy but when my baby was four months old the Lord rescued me an I've never needed it since. He has healed me quite miraculously on two occasions and saved me from certain death at least once. Since being born again I have only belonged to two church fellowships, one was Anglican and the current one was started as a house church. Both these churches have taught the same gospel. I am firm in my faith and will not be shaken.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that accepting Jesus (John 3:16) into my heart at age thirteen is what got me through many years of depression, the resulting drug abuse, and fairly serious health problems. Once, while in a coma from a rare adverse reaction to a prescription medication, my heart stopped three times. Once for seven minutes. While they were filling out my time of death, it started beating again. Jesus did that. I am so thankful that I'm alive today, especially since He has become so real to me. I am on the road, to my home, in the new Jerusalem. Shalom. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up as a hungry and thirsty Catholic looking for answers and believing that I had many of them... even though later I was to discover that I did not.

After high school [graduated 1961] I tried for several years the way of man, the way of what they call agnosticism. I questioned but never denied the very existence of God.

Then at 32 years of age (1976) began the drawing of me to God which has continued to this day. I received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. I received the gift of tongues. The work was begun in earnest in 1976 and although there have been many pauses and many ups and down along my pathway, only once has there been a serious interruption (early 1990's to 2002) in the 'drawing to God' and even that interruption has taught me things which are still unfolding in me.

Now I have known for a very long time that there no place else to go. I am with Peter in his reply when Jesus asked if they would also leave him:

"Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."
John 6:68

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I grew up as a hungry and thirsty Catholic looking for answers and believing that I had many of them... even though later I was to discover that I did not.

After high school [graduated 1961] I tried for several years the way of man, the way of what they call agnosticism. I questioned but never denied the very existence of God.

Then at 32 years of age (1976) began the drawing of me to God which has continued to this day. I received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. I received the gift of tongues. The work was begun in earnest in 1976 and although there have been many pauses and many ups and down along my pathway, only once has there been a serious interruption (early 1990's to 2002) in the 'drawing to God' and even that interruption has taught me things which are still unfolding in me.

Now I have known for a very long time that there no place else to go. I am with Peter in his reply when Jesus asked if they would also leave him:

"Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."
John 6:68
I was 29 when He started drawing me. - Truman.

Reactions: Pearl and amadeus