How i got my apprenticeship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i was looking for a furniture polishing place to do work experience at, dad was helping me, we came into the place, a man (Glenn was his name) was loading up the truck, dad asked him where the polisher was, and then Glenn said he moved, so he went in to write down the address or something, we followed him in. I was amazed at all the antiques and restoration jobs i saw in his factory, that was what i wanted to do restore old stuff, as we were walking out with the address, i turned around and asked if i could do my work experience with him. And Glenn said with great excitement "Yes, why not?" So i did work experience there for a couple of months or so, and the school was doing a mentoring program, where the school was giving each one of us students a mentor, it turned out the mentor i had was the kitchen/cabinet maker working 2 factories next door to where i did my work experience, Glenn knew my mentor well. Dad was telling others about how i got my work experience, he was talking with one of our neighbours at our old house, and he said he had known Glenn for years, he worked across the road from him, he said Glenn sometimes upholsters furniture for us, then a few months later i got offered an apprenticeship with Glenn doing upholstry, I'm now a 3rd year apprentice upholsterer.

Praise the Lord, this is how God leads us. ;)

Reactions: Angelina

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
That is awesome, and very good.
It is interesting/special that you have same name and similar occupation and more as Jesus/Yeshua.
You are "lucky" to make a good/right/straight start. (I wish i could go back and change this mess of a life/start i made.)
Its good to have a trade/craft, and apprenticeships/mentors are good (I have a friend here who has had difficulty with "overqualified but underexperienced" for librarian job).
gbu/gbwu

Reactions: Josho

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wow what a great story of God leading you into an apprenticeship, in a trade that you basically love...he is so good!

Bless you!