1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How important is it to belief in the trinitarian view of God?

Discussion in 'Christian Newbies' started by Fether, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Taken

Taken Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    How important is it to belief in the trinitarian view of God?
    OP^

I think it is like saying...Having belief IN the WHOLE of God...and Understanding what the WHOLE of God is, regardless of WHAT He is called as any given time.

Lord............... a general term referring to one with status authority.
    God ............... a general term referring to something Greater than Creation
    Almighty.......... a term referring to something Of Power Greater than Creation

Regarding the Heavenly God...
    * He has many specific references ...
    (Names, Titles, Acts; LORD, Jehovah, Jah, Holy, Creator, Father, etc.)
    (Names, Titles, Acts; Lord, Jesus, holy, Maker, Son, Teacher, Word, Truth...)
    (Names, Titles, Acts; Almighty, Spirit, Power, Quickener, Christ, etc.)

And in the Lord God Almighty’s LIKENESS, is a CREATED and MADE
    “man-KIND” of thing.
    (Names, Titles, Acts; Body, Abraham, uncle, father, faithful, etc.)
    (Names, Titles, Acts; Soul, listener, learner, speaker, teacher, senses...)
    (Names, Titles, Acts; spirit, word, truth, etc.)

The WHOLE of God........Lord God Almighty.
    The WHOLE of Man........Body, soul, spirit.

The WHOLE of God......IS GOOD, IS PERFECTION (ie Holy)
    The WHOLE of Man......WAS...CREATED and MADE....”very good”.

The WHOLE of Man.....Fell from “very good”......called corrupt.

The OFFERING “OF”. the WHOLE of GOD....is FOR the WHOLE of man to:
    BECOME .......MADE....”good again”........and MADE.....”perfect-ED”...

A......restored soul. ——-> good again
    A......new spirit. ——-> Gods seed, to birth a new spirit of Gods Truth.
    A......new glorified body. ——> new body WITHOUT possibility be Again become corrupted.

^ Once ^ THAT OFFERING IS accepted by a heartfully Agreement of a man....
    The Lord God Almighty, ACCOMPLISHES the WORKS of the “re-MAKING” of the man....ONCE, and Forever.

^ WHAT is “accomplished”, By Gods WORKS of “re-MAKING” of a man IS:
    Forever....the Lord God Almighty, WILL BE WITH that man.
    Forever....the man, WILL BE WITH the Lord God Almighty.

“IF” ^ is “NOT accomplished”....Forever the man and the Lord God Almighty, SHALL be “separated”.....

2. BarnyFife

BarnyFife Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Frankly, I think you're onto something. :)

GRACE ambassador likes this.
  3. Desire Of All Nations

Desire Of All Nations Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is a cop out excuse that is typically made when trinitarians know they can't prove this theology is biblical. God never made any attempts to hide who He is from any human being. As Paul said in 2 Cor. 11:3, the nature of Christ is simple for anyone to understand if they are not deceived.

Matt. 28:19 actually destroys trinitarianism, and there is a simple reason why it does: when someone becomes a truly converted Christian, they are begotten child of God who is undergoing the process of becoming a God Being. Trinitarianism however, says the Godhead is closed off and nobody has the potential to become a God Being.

In Gen. 1:26-27, the scriptures clearly show God saying man was created with the purpose of eventually becoming God. Don't believe me though, look where the animals were created and you can see that the animals were all made to reproduce after their own kind. God however, made man to be in His image and likeness. In other words, God made man after the God kind! Read Rom. 8:29 where Paul says Jesus was only the first of what will be MANY sons. There is nothing allegorical or symbolical about that statement. John wrote in 1 Jhn 3:2 that the immortalized saints will have the same exact features Christ is described as having in Rev. 1:14-15!

The fact that so many people subscribe to trinitarianism only proves God is just as much a mystery to Catholics and Protestants as He is to the rest of this deceived world. Orthodox Christians love to talk about how the nuclear family needs to be protected from the LGBT movement, but they fail to understand the fact that the nuclear family was ordained by God because it is a type of the Family He is building! That is the gospel message Christ brought to humanity almost 2 millennia ago when He said "you are gods"(Jhn 10:34-35), and yet trinitarians follow the footsteps of those unbelieving Jews!

A Christian is someone who believes and does what God says. If a person refuses to do or believe what God says, the most likely reason is because they are not a Christian. If someone can't believe statements as straightforward as "let Us create man in Our likeness", "you are gods", and "we shall be like Him", then it can it honestly be said their religion is truly based on what the Bible teaches?

4. David H.

David H. Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No, it is an admission of the inability of our temporal carnal mind to understand the Mysteries of God who is eternal and Spiritual, and the need we have for the revelation of the Holy Ghost to teach us the things of the Godhead. There is an arrogance to say that you can fully understand The Godhead with your own mind, Understanding the Godhead comes from the Mind of Christ in us not from human intellect. The Holy Spirit has revealed and confirmed the mysteries of the Godhead to me, and I trust his teaching more than the teachings of men, whether that be Joseph Smith, John Calvin or Charles Taze Russel, etc.
    Read my comment #64 on how C.S. Lewis views this. The trinity takes Humility to accept and learn. All other views build up the ego of men in their own mental prowess.

5. dominic

dominic Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Japan
    How do you understand these scriptures?

'And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”' Matthew 3:16-17

'And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”' Matthew 28:18-20

'For in Him lives all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.' Colossians 2:9 MEV

'There are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and the three are one. ' 1 John 5:7
    This is why I think God is three in One (aka Trinity)

David H., Christ4Me and Fether like this.
  6. Fether

Fether Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I assume you are referencing the doctrine of the trinity, which Latter-day Saints reject. I would point to John 17:21-23 where Christ is saying we should all be one just as he and Heavenly Father are one. Now he is not saying we should literally become one, all form together into one mega human hive mind, but rather he is saying that we should be one in Purpose just as he and the father are one.

This one scripture does not have the totality of why we reject the trinity, but it is the best and simple reference I am an come up with.

7. Daniel Veler

Daniel Veler Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    People who want to debate the trinity or in another name the Godhead. Have not fully understood the divine workings of the Father. If you come to understand how the trinity or better yet how the three dwell in us. Then you will understand how the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one. Christ never proclaimed himself as God but humbled himself under the authority of the Father. Christ said himself that the Father was in him and he was in the Father. He went on to tell us that he spoke only what the Father instructed him to say. We also know the Holy Spirit was in Christ. Therefore all three were present. The body of Christ, the Son which the Father and the Holly Spirt dwelled. Making them one.

No look at us in Christ. We receive the Holy Spirit within us. Christ said my Father and I will make our abode with you. Meaning they will be in the temple of our body. There fore we are one with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Now if you still don’t understand how the Three dwell in us! Then you’ll never understand how the Godhead are one.

8. dominic

dominic Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Japan

I guess you are a latter day saint. You already have a different God, different Jesus, and different way of salvation which is not biblical.

Galatians 1:8,9 says

'Although if we or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel to you than the one we have preached to you, let him be accursed. ' Galatians 1:8

I have read the testimony of Joseph Smith in the Book of Mormon. Joseph Smith says he saw 'two person's' God the Father and God the Son. Later in the other book you have called 'Doctrines and Conventants" Joseph Smith writes that God the Father has flesh and bones.

Now compare that to what we know in the Bible. God is spirit (John 4) and Jesus is the expression of the invisible God. (Hebrews). We are not to accept strange doctrines as the LDS church gives. We are to test prophets. According to Joseph Smith, who claims to have seen God the Father and God the Son, and then claims God the Father has a physical body of flesh and bones, I am saying by your own faith's admisstion they are false prophets, not the understanding to me is more clear on why you reject the doctrine of the Trinity and you also did not respond to how you understand those verse I present to you. I hope you will see that you are in much deeper than just a mere question about the trinity. I'm hoping you are searching for the real God, the God revealed already to us in the Bible, not explained by a man's vision or other books. The Bible is the Word of God, not other books like "doctrines and covenants' and other LDS literature like 'pearl of great price' and definately not the book of mormon. Sorry, but You have to know who God really is.

God is spirit, God sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again. If you repent and belief in Jesus Christ the biblical and revealed Jesus Christ, not the mormon version of Jesus who claims that Jesus and Satan are brothers, but if you repent of that and believe in Jesus, who is God in the flesh. (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) three in one, if you ask the Lord (the biblical Lord) to save you. You will be saved.

If you read the Bible, not the book of mormon, and just seek God for yourself, you will find God. That is all I can say to you.

Jesus Christ is the Alpha and the Omega. Read Revelations too. It will be clear who the real Jesus Christ is.

9. Cooper

Cooper Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    To reject the Trinity is to reject Jesus.