How in this ignorant world..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
can anyone misinterpret this plainly stated word by our living God who created all things good and bad for His pleasure?The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Please quit disputing the power of our God. This is quite simply stated so that no one needs to question the power or authority of our living God. He is most definitely in control of all powers that be. And He uses them at His will, He created them exactly as He wanted them to be to this end. If the very words above that state I the LORD do not convince you then this sums it up as well:For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: If you tell me that God has things any other way than He would have them for the moment then you deny the power of God. Then unfortunately you have become one who has gone astray:Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. It seems when God speaks people can never just take what He says at face value and they have to pick it apart until it becomes hollow and means nothing because no one can ever shut up at the Word and just let It speak for Itself. It's like the backtalk of children. This Word is so simple a child can understand it and in fact many have in times past.Oh no! They try to say people shouldn't trust the awesome might of God to get His Word to us just as He means it too. Nooohhh! Apparently there are those who deny His power and claim His Word weak and given to fault, that is calling God weak! Man did not send Word of God, God sent us His own through men and this same Word that will judge us is perfect and when you wring and twist it to fit your narrow views instead of letting it teach you you rob it of it's power, and that very Word will be plain to you on judgment day so why not here it now. The Biblical Word is perfect it says what it means and it means what it says and if you can't understand it pray for wisdom or let some one with understanding teach you. God in no way sent us one idle or misleading word. NO WAY! He would not have allowed it. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.C'mon this is simple stuff. How in the world do you ever expect to finish the race? I mean you can't get past this simplicity. I hate to keep pulling this out but:As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. And here again you should beware because you may be headed this way if you still can't get this:Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. And if you never do that you go to hell.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(cronnie36;48821)
can anyone misinterpret this plainly stated word by our living God who created all things good and bad for His pleasure?The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Please quit disputing the power of our God. This is quite simply stated so that no one needs to question the power or authority of our living God. He is most definitely in control of all powers that be. And He uses them at His will, He created them exactly as He wanted them to be to this end. If the very words above that state I the LORD do not convince you then this sums it up as well:For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: If you tell me that God has things any other way than He would have them for the moment then you deny the power of God. Then unfortunately you have become one who has gone astray:Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. It seems when God speaks people can never just take what He says at face value and they have to pick it apart until it becomes hollow and means nothing because no one can ever shut up at the Word and just let It speak for Itself. It's like the backtalk of children. This Word is so simple a child can understand it and in fact many have in times past.Oh no! They try to say people shouldn't trust the awesome might of God to get His Word to us just as He means it too. Nooohhh! Apparently there are those who deny His power and claim His Word weak and given to fault, that is calling God weak! Man did not send Word of God, God sent us His own through men and this same Word that will judge us is perfect and when you wring and twist it to fit your narrow views instead of letting it teach you you rob it of it's power, and that very Word will be plain to you on judgment day so why not here it now. The Biblical Word is perfect it says what it means and it means what it says and if you can't understand it pray for wisdom or let some one with understanding teach you. God in no way sent us one idle or misleading word. NO WAY! He would not have allowed it. Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.C'mon this is simple stuff. How in the world do you ever expect to finish the race? I mean you can't get past this simplicity. I hate to keep pulling this out but:As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. And here again you should beware because you may be headed this way if you still can't get this:Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. And if you never do that you go to hell.
Not this again...if you want to believe whatever you like, that's fine by me. However you never answer my question on your previous topic. Your words doesn't threat me in the slightest, I find it old.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48822)
Not this again...if you want to believe whatever you like, that's fine by me. However you never answer my question on your previous topic. Your words doesn't threat me in the slightest, I find it old.
It's not my Word it's the Word of God and you just denied it, now you should feel threatened.But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.Froward:Stubbornly contrary and disobedient; obstinate.The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(cronnie36;48823)
(thesuperjag;48822)
It's not my Word it's the Word of God and you just denied it, now you should feel threatened.But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.Froward:Stubbornly contrary and disobedient; obstinate.The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.I really hope you do not believe in the word fear as in being afraid in these passages.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(thesuperjag;48824)
I really hope you do not believe in the word fear as in being afraid in these passages.
Lay off of him Jag. He's just ranting about people who do not take the Bible literally. Nothing wrong with that.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wakka;48825)
(thesuperjag48824)
I really hope you do not believe in the word fear as in being afraid in these passages.
Lay off of him Jag. He's just ranting about people who do not take the Bible literally. Nothing wrong with that.Actually I do find something wrong with that. It feels like saying "I am right and you are all wrong, My understanding are better than yours and theirs." I'm sorry you feel that way, but he was on our trail.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48824)
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. This is the fear of the Lord and it is literally what is in me. And it keeps me following His commandments as well. Who among us isn't afraid to be judged unworthy by Him, or not terrified at the thought of a very REAL eternal furnace? Well then we can all count that man ignorant can't we? Because God can not tell a lie and He warned us all of these VERY REAL things. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. Jesus Christ

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
What the fear of the Lord is:RespectReverenceKnowledge of His almighty powerThe beginning of wisdom.People who cannot take the Bible literally, are not really Christians. They're the kind of people who pick and choose what passages suit them. You can really tell those kinds of people because of their fruits. They're more lenient in accepting wrong things. Like homosexuality for example.I talked to a person on Friday, I got into an argument saying that I cannot accept homosexuality, because my religion went against it. I was called a bigot by a person who also said they were Christian. Now we all know that God is against homosexuality because it rebellion against God's word. That person did pick and choose what they liked.Look at me, I'm a chatterbox today.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Homosexuals need to quickly repent and turn to Jesus For healing. This is acceptable and wise behavior. This topic deserves a new thread because it's not appropriate for this thread but there is much to say on that subject as well.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(cronnie36;48821)
Why did you ask me to close a thread if you were just going open another saying the same thing ?The answer is still the same a language study will show just like last time its you interpretation that's wrong The bible has no contradictions only poor interpretations like this one God created all ....good Satan choose evil as do the tares, darkness mean to get dark like it does every night, wicked means Satan and tares evil is evil doer that is Satan God created all ......... Satan was created good the angels were created good the tares were created good Satan and his choose evil brought in sin.God takes no pleasure in evil or wickedness its why he will end it and that's the same answer you got last time because its the truth any other interpretation cause contradictions and is there fore your misunderstanding NOt Gods.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I believe that God doesn't do evil. Instead He simply allows it to happen in our befallen world. He knows that it all follows His plan, and He'll punish those that do evil.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kriss;48832)
(cronnie36;48821)
can anyone misinterpret this plainly stated word by our living God who created all things good and bad for His pleasure?The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.Please quit disputing the power of our God. This is quite simply stated so that no one needs to question the power or authority of our living God. He is most definitely in control of all powers that be. And He uses them at His will, He created them exactly as He wanted them to be to this end. If the very words above that state I the LORD do not convince you then this sums it up as well:For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:If you tell me that God has things any other way than He would have them for the moment then you deny the power of God. Then unfortunately you have become one who has gone astray:Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.It seems when God speaks people can never just take what He says at face value and they have to pick it apart until it becomes hollow and means nothing because no one can ever shut up at the Word and just let It speak for Itself. It's like the backtalk of children. This Word is so simple a child can understand it and in fact many have in times past.Oh no! They try to say people shouldn't trust the awesome might of God to get His Word to us just as He means it too. Nooohhh! Apparently there are those who deny His power and claim His Word weak and given to fault, that is calling God weak! Man did not send Word of God, God sent us His own through men and this same Word that will judge us is perfect and when you wring and twist it to fit your narrow views instead of letting it teach you you rob it of it's power, and that very Word will be plain to you on judgment day so why not here it now. The Biblical Word is perfect it says what it means and it means what it says and if you can't understand it pray for wisdom or let some one with understanding teach you. God in no way sent us one idle or misleading word. NO WAY! He would not have allowed it.Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.C'mon this is simple stuff. How in the world do you ever expect to finish the race? I mean you can't get past this simplicity.I hate to keep pulling this out but:As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.And here again you should beware because you may be headed this way if you still can't get this:Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.And if you never do that you go to hell.
Why did you ask me to close a thread if you were just going open another saying the same thing ?The answer is still the same a language study will show just like last time its you interpretation that's wrongThe bible has no contradictions only poor interpretations like this oneGod created all ....good Satan choose evil as do the tares, darkness mean to get dark like it does every night, wicked means Satan and tares evil is evil doer that is Satan God created all ......... Satan was created good the angels were created good the tares were created good Satan and his choose evil brought in sin.God takes no pleasure in evil or wickedness its why he will end it and that's the same answer you got last time because its the truth any other interpretation cause contradictions and is there fore your misunderstanding NOt Gods.I know Kriss, it was rather pointless. Anyway on top of what Kriss said. God explains His own symbolic / symbolism.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(kriss;48832)
Why did you ask me to close a thread if you were just going open another saying the same thing ?The answer is still the same a language study will show just like last time its you interpretation that's wrong The bible has no contradictions only poor interpretations like this one God created all ....good Satan choose evil as do the tares, darkness mean to get dark like it does every night, wicked means Satan and tares evil is evil doer that is Satan God created all ......... Satan was created good the angels were created good the tares were created good Satan and his choose evil brought in sin.God takes no pleasure in evil or wickedness its why he will end it and that's the same answer you got last time because its the truth any other interpretation cause contradictions and is there fore your misunderstanding NOt Gods.
The Lord sends men into the path of their enemy and turns them into darkness when they stray from His path. Their is scripture to back this up you have seen it. Are you aware that God in His infinite wisdom desired a new creation and allowed sin to entice us? Why I believe to find out who truly loves Him (the wheat) and who rejects Him (the tares) . Once this decision was made would you not think it very Godly and appropriate for Him to allow greater evils to punish lesser evils until the greatest of all falls under His rule. God punishes us with brutish kings and wars and a drought of His Word. Even Hitler was given His power by God and the scripture is proof. Wanna see it? Here it is...Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God..For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I already said I agreed that there is evil and sin and tares and God allows evil and war and sin thats a completly different thing than saying he created evil for his pleasure its just as Wakka and Jag said. Most here understand Gods Word pretty well. and you will get called when you incorrectley interpt scripture. You may be new here and we may have disageements on certain doctrines. But do not mistake thinking we do not not know our Bible.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
No one can mistake this:Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.At least you wouldn't think so.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Hey, if you want to think that God takes pleasure in evil, then so be it. Knowing that He can not sin, He obviously can't create death.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48925)
Hey, if you want to think that God takes pleasure in evil, then so be it. Knowing that He can not sin, He obviously can't create death.
No, you are right He will not kill anyone, but He has created a fiery pit of torments to last an eternity for those who refuse Him, His Word and His instruction. No they will not die they will only wish it could be so. God not only created hell he is there also. And it's torments are very real, very evil and very much created by God.If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.ALL THINGS! Quit with the froward mouth.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Sometimes I don't think you can see another meaning to what I'm saying... But I can safely say that some people can see what I'm truly saying.