How many Angels of the Lord are there?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heb 12:
[22] But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Is one the Son of God?

Heb 1:
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Is Michael a name for The Angel of the Lord?

Scripture does not say so.

Glory to God,
Taken

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 12:
[22] But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Heb 1:
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Scripture does not say so.

Glory to God,
Taken
I had specifly the title "The Angel of the Lord" thanks for your insightful insigte.,
wherer did that spelll checkr go?

• Wow
Reactions: Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[/QUOTE]
Your title does not match this question. There are myriads of angels of the Lord. There is one SPECIAL ANGEL (MESSENGER) called "the Angel of the LORD" (all small caps). This is Jesus before His incarnation, and Jesus is God appearing to men in this form. You could also say this is "the Son of God".
[/QUOTE]
DEFINITELY NOT

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not Michael. That is a heresy taught by Jehovah Witnesses.
It’s kind of odd to be able see the long war campaign in here. To see the flood of threads on one topic banned and to then see a new campaign begun with a flood, in earnest, from another direction.

But each campaign is clearly geared toward DEmagnifying our Lord In some way, whether large or small.
I was always ignorant of satans tactics so it’s odd to suddenly see all the pieces and…He trains my hands for war takes on a much different meaning…

Reactions: shortangel and Azim

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your title does not match this question. There are myriads of angels of the Lord. There is one SPECIAL ANGEL (MESSENGER) called "the Angel of the LORD" (all small caps). This is Jesus before His incarnation, and Jesus is God appearing to men in this form. You could also say this is "the Son of God".

[/QUOTE]
DEFINITELY NOT
[/QUOTE]
One special angel aye Enoch - before he was 'in-carnated' no less. Preaching more illusions false identities of paganism I see. You are a die-hard world Churchianity member whose 'visible' historical source is the RCC. And there is no escaping it. You are a part of the RCC whether you deny it or not, whether you realize it or not, just based on their core belief of the Trinity as you also follow and continue to distort and disfigure scripture as you recite worldly human traditions of the MS Protestant and RCC.

Why you continue and persist as many others in adding poison into scripture is beyond me.

Consider the Christ of God seriously my friend.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are myriads of angels of the Lord. There is one SPECIAL ANGEL (MESSENGER) called "the Angel of the LORD" (all small caps). This is Jesus before His incarnation, and Jesus is God appearing to men in this form. You could also say this is "the Son of God".
Apak…I have not run across you in here for quite some time. Is this first paragraph you speaking? I was confused by your post as to what was you speaking and what was someone else speaking.

Reactions: shortangel

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many Angels of the Lord are there? Is one the Son of God?

The precise identity of the “angel of the Lord” is not given in the Bible. However, there are many important “clues” to his identity. There are Old and New Testament references to “angels of the Lord,” “an angel of the Lord,” and “the angel of the Lord.” It seems when the definite article “the” is used, it is specifying a unique being, separate from the other angels. The angel of the Lord speaks as God, identifies Himself with God, and exercises the responsibilities of God (Genesis 16:7-12; 21:17-18; 22:11-18; Exodus 3:2; Judges 2:1-4; 5:23; 6:11-24; 13:3-22; 2 Samuel 24:16; Zechariah 1:12; 3:1; 12:8). In several of these appearances, those who saw the angel of the Lord feared for their lives because they had “seen the Lord.” Therefore, it is clear that in at least some instances, the angel of the Lord is a theophany, an appearance of God in physical form.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The precise identity of the “angel of the Lord” is not given in the Bible.
That is simply not true. When the Angel of the LORD spoke to people, He spoke as God speaking to men/women and He was viewed as God by men. You can look up all the passages for yourself.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did you start off by saying "The precise identity of the 'angel of the Lord' is not given in the Bible"? Let you yea be yea or your nay be nay.
While there is no need to argue over something we agree on the precise identity is not given. It is inferred because the Angel of the Lord speaks as God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is simply not true. When the Angel of the LORD spoke to people, He spoke as God speaking to men/women and He was viewed as God by men. You can look up all the passages for yourself.
Yes! “THE” Angel of the LORD, is stand out from “A, AN, Angel of the LORD”.
Yes! JESUS is the name above every other name...(not Michael).

Deut: 29:
[29] The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Judge 13:
[18] And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

Pss 25:
[14] The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Matt 13:
[35] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Acts 13:
[33] God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Heb 1:
[4] Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb 5:
[5] So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Rom 16:
[25] Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Rom 17:
[26a] But now is made manifest...

Phil 2:
[9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

[10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Glory to God,
Taken

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to the group,

I would offer that there are many messengers of the LORD, the context just depends on if it may be a(n) spiritual Angel from the LORD, or a physical Angel (messenger of the LORD).

In the case of Zacharais

Luke 1:19-20 Then the angel said, “I am Gabriel! I stand in the very presence of God. It was he who sent me to bring you this good news! “And now you will be silent and not able to speak until the day this happens, because you did not believe my words, which will come true at their appointed time.””
‭‭

This was a vision which he was experiencing,

“Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1‬:‭21‬-‭22‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I suppose there was no signs of anyone else being with him; as he was doing his duties lighting incenses.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But each campaign is clearly geared toward DEmagnifying our Lord In some way, whether large or small.
I disagree. The topic that cannot be discussed demagnifies both God and his son. It demagnifies God because it splits his glory 3 ways in violation of 1 Timothy 1:17, the 1C and the Sh'ma..

It demagnifies his adopted son (Hebrews 1:5, Acts 17:31) because it trivializes and makes a mockery of his sacrifice, which was total not partial. He totally died, not partially died. That's commitment to his Father's - to our Father's - divine justice of death for the wages of sin. That is, total death, not partial death. And that is why 1 Cor 15:23 says he was the first to be raised to life, which means others to follow likewise, from total - not partial death - to eternal life.

Jesus cannot be raised to life if he never actually fully and totally died to begin with.

Regarding the thread of the OP, I reject the claim that Jesus was an angel, any kind of angel including 'the' angel of the LORD. There are many angels of YHWH and the Bible does not specify a number.

• Love
Reactions: shortangel and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apak…I have not run across you in here for quite some time. Is this first paragraph you speaking? I was confused by your post as to what was you speaking and what was someone else speaking.
What you quoted was from Enoch and not me. He thinks 'the angle of the LORD' was Jesus.....I do not of course