how much did you spend on July Fourth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how much did you spend on July Fourth?

Uh, maybe 30-40 bucks, slab of ribs, sides, drinks.
Two of us staying home. Don’t buy fireworks. Don’t go to watch fireworks displays. Don’t much like crowds or eating out.

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, maybe 30-40 bucks, slab of ribs, sides, drinks.
Two of us staying home. Don’t buy fireworks. Don’t go to watch fireworks displays. Don’t much like crowds or eating out.

Sounds like between 15 to 20 bucks each. I can remember buying a box of 24 burger patties for $7.99 a couple of years ago. I Got 12 patties for $36.00 this year. About the Only thing that was not inflated was the watermelon.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are not having a BBQ either, but my mom & dad are going to one, i'm staying home, i didn't get any burgers but maybe i might have veggie dogs & sweet potato fries that day, i'll probably be watching the fireworks show in my area of OR

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like between 15 to 20 bucks each. I can remember buying a box of 24 burger patties for $7.99 a couple of years ago. I Got 12 patties for $36.00 this year. About the Only thing that was not inflated was the watermelon.

Food / drinks bought for a particular occasion, will have left overs for another meal, so can’t really put a price on one meal. We plan our meals accordingly to use leftovers. Any true scraps, garbage, bones, are given the animals. My biggest complaint is when having to buy store groceries, and then having to get rid of the ridiculous sealing, packaging, within packaging of their “dead deprecated” grocery food items.

Reactions: marks

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Go out and have a burger somewhere monday..... Redcoat!:mad:
Just kidding.
Is that what you eat over thanksgiving, seriously don’t you have special food for the celebration ?

Reactions: shortangel

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Also a redcoat over here means someone who works at butlins holiday camp !! lol

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Food / drinks bought for a particular occasion, will have left overs for another meal, so can’t really put a price on one meal. We plan our meals accordingly to use leftovers. Any true scraps, garbage, bones, are given the animals. My biggest complaint is when having to buy store groceries, and then having to get rid of the ridiculous sealing, packaging, within packaging of their “dead deprecated” grocery food items.

I never buy frozen burgers so my pricing is determined by that. You never know what they put into frozen burgers.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what you eat over thanksgiving, seriously don’t you have special food for the celebration ?
4th of July is typically burgers and hot dogs, thankgiving is turkey dinner. Some people step up with ribs or steaks on the fourth, but not us typically (More $$$$).

Also a redcoat over here means someone who works at butlins holiday camp !! lol

Not familiar with "Butlins holiday camp"? Explain please.... Redcoats here refers to the British soldiers during the revolution who wore red coats.... has a derogatory meaning to the colonial oppressors.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never buy frozen burgers so my pricing is determined by that. You never know what they put into frozen burgers.

Ya, me either.
Food has become as FAKE as People. Nipped, Tucked, Sprayed, Colorized, Pretty on the outside, dead on the inside.

Reactions: marks

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Go out and have a burger somewhere monday..... Redcoat!:mad:
Just kidding.

4th of July is typically burgers and hot dogs, thankgiving is turkey dinner. Some people step up with ribs or steaks on the fourth, but not us typically (More $$$$).

Not familiar with "Butlins holiday camp"? Explain please.... Redcoats here refers to the British soldiers during the revolution who wore red coats.... has a derogatory meaning to the colonial oppressors.
It’s okay I knew what redcoats you were referring to xx
Butlins Holiday camp is a place people would go to for a vacation, you stay in caravans or chalets and on-site they have entertainment. The redcoats were employed to be in charge of the entertainment.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hot dogs were a 4th usual for us growing up. Part of the fun for kids, grilling your own dog on a stick open flame camp type fire. And the dogs themselves exclusively produced in Michigan, now sold in a very few states, stringent guidelines, affordable and excellent taste. I am Able to get them a few times a year, otherwise I bypass “hotdogs”.