How The Atonement Justifies God's Mercy: But Gods Wrath Still Remains!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
a ransom is not the exact payment of something but rather given in exchange 4 something else, jesus gave his life 4 a ransom dat our sins wud be forgive not
our debt completley wiped away!!

When someone goes 2 prison and is then let out on bail the person who has been granted bail is released from custody, until his or her next appearance in court or at the police station. This is sometimes subject to a security being given and/or compliance with certain bail conditions, such as periodically reporting to a police station, good behaviour etc in (exchange) for their release.

But if the person breaks the bail conditions they then get sent straight back to prison. It’s the same thing with us, Gods mercy on the cross comes with conditions that we have to meet as in living a life of repentance, not sinning etc.

If we then sin wilfully Gods wrath is turned back on us again. Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

So Gods wrath hasn’t completely gone away so the debt is still there he has just decided 2 over look it for now coz of what jesus did 4 us on the cross!!

john 3:18 thos that believe as in (keep on believing) are not condemned but thos that don’t believe and also (stop believing) are condemned already if were saved (ultimately) by jesus on the cross then we wud have been saved (ultimately) 2000 years ago and yet theres still sin in the world 2day!! Our salvation is conditional and not a one time fix.

we have 2 keep on believing and we have 2 be converted also, mark 16:16 those dat believe and are baptised shall be saved, acts 3:19 repent therefore and (be coverted) that ur sins may be blotted out!!

the atoinment doesnt satisfy retributive justice iver but rather the justice of Gods
law and how he hates sin so much and must punnish sin dat he’s willing 2 punnish his own son (not dat he wasn’t slain b4 the foundation of the world anyway) 2 satisfy his law.

ezek 18:20 the soul dat sins shall die, retributive justice wud mean dat all wud go 2 hell 4 their sin coz Romans 3:10 There is none righteous, no, not one. and the punishment 4 sin is hell but God is not operating wiv dat strickness of the law. rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Greek for propitiation is (hilastērion) means act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing. a means of appeasing someone 4 what someone else has done. an expiatory sacrifice

old.T sacrafices were just a fore shadow of wat was 2 come
they cud nether completely take away sins dats why they had 2 keep repeating the sacrifices over and over again.

Also 1 pet 3:18 he was not guilty of our sins on the cross, they were not imputed into him as some are led 2 believe, isaiah 53:5 he bared our sins he didn’t become sin, how can jesus both be full of sin and a spotless (lamb) john 1:29, sin offering at same time.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 1 john 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

And now 4 wat jesus has done 4 us there is more acountabilty now justice was satisfied, as jesus said there is more tollerence 4 sodom & gomorah dan dis generation Matthew 10:15 the atoinment is more communication of how God

hates sin dan ever b4 and is a sin deterrent more dan sin encouragement.
It’s a public demonstration of Gods love and mercy at same time. soul convicting and captivating. if God just forgave sin with no punish dat wud encourage rebellion.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, Good topic, not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; verse 26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus". so our "PAST" sins removed, or forgiven, meaning remitted.
now,
If we then sin wilfully Gods wrath is turned back on us again. Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
again not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous".

that's if we sin, but if we sin, that why we have an advocate, or day man between us and God. understand, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

again the word "forgive" means to remit, or send away.

this is why our righteousness is not of us, as Romans 3:25 declares, "his righteousness". for the Law if broken invoke his wrath, but the Law is none effect of us who are in Christ Jesus for he fulfilled it. listen, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine".

see, our righteousness is in him, Christ Jesus, and we in him, for he is LAWFUL, and not Lawless, so the WRATH of God is not on us.

ONLY THOSE WHO IS NOT IN CHRIST JESUS WILL MEET THE LAW, OR.... . read Romans chapter 2

I hoped hat helped.

PICJAG.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO ME LISTEN 2 GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SCRIPTURE!! PRAY, FAST AND SEEK GOD EVERY SECOND AND HE WILL GUIDE U 2 TRUTH!! PROV 3:5-6

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, Good topic, not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; verse 26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus". so our "PAST" sins removed, or forgiven, meaning remitted.
now,

again not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous".

that's if we sin, but if we sin, that why we have an advocate, or day man between us and God. understand, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

again the word "forgive" means to remit, or send away.

this is why our righteousness is not of us, as Romans 3:25 declares, "his righteousness". for the Law if broken invoke his wrath, but the Law is none effect of us who are in Christ Jesus for he fulfilled it. listen, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine".

see, our righteousness is in him, Christ Jesus, and we in him, for he is LAWFUL, and not Lawless, so the WRATH of God is not on us.

ONLY THOSE WHO IS NOT IN CHRIST JESUS WILL MEET THE LAW, OR.... . read Romans chapter 2

I hoped hat helped.

PICJAG.

do you still sin btw?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you still sin
as I breath, for to be human is to ERROR, but as the scriptures states, I'm a work in progress.

so my answer, Romans 14:23 "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

now is my Faith perfected now as we speak? no, I have faith but I'm adding to it, (2 Peter 1:5 - 8)

PICJAC

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
as I breath, for to be human is to ERROR, but as the scriptures states, I'm a work in progress.

so my answer, Romans 14:23 "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

now is my Faith perfected now as we speak? no, I have faith but I'm adding to it, (2 Peter 1:5 - 8)

PICJAC

I can't take council from u then, bible says take no council from sinners pslams 1:1

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't take council from u then, bible says take no council from sinners pslams 1:1
well it takes one to know one. :(

and GREAT, just take his, God, holy word as one suppose to, not mine, nor "YOURS" either.... :eek:

and if you're so sin free then, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us".

well that means I cannot take council from YOU, because you're a deceiver. :D

PICJAG.