How the religious make a mockery of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just reading a post from one saying about being obedient to the ordained. No guessing to what religion this is. But you see this statement flies in the face of God, because according to him these men are ordained by God. So here we have God who supposedly knows the hearts of men, who created the universe and the world us and all therein, ordains, homosexual priests, child molesters , drug dealing cardinals, murders etc etc and yet they cant see the issue, another one goes on about Jesus being the fullness of His church of course he is not referring to the Lords church but His own and therefore is saying that Jesus is a rapist, child molester, homosexual, drug dealer liar etc etc and doesnt seem to be to concerned with that, But than that is that religious for you, only see there religion cant see God.

Reactions: Truth and pia

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's true mjrhearth, the thing is it erodes the work of those who do according to the Lord and are apart of such organizations. there are many genuine believers in churches, even the one you speak of, they are the church of Christ the rest are window dressing, thinking they are important to, or trying to make believers believe they are important to the cause of Christianity. turn on the Christian channels just about 90 % of the programing is to get and con moneys from trusting souls.

Eve was befuddled by the serpent because she didn't know the Word of God accurately and went by her own judgement in what the serpent said. hence those who are tricked are usually one's who trust someone else to be close to, or know God and what He said for them.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it can look that way when you refuse to admit that you are religious. Christianity is a religion and if you profess Christ, you are following a tenet of religion. Religion is the language we use to communicate with God.

Didn't make a dent, did I?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Just reading a post from one saying about being obedient to the ordained. No guessing to what religion this is. But you see this statement flies in the face of God, because according to him these men are ordained by God. So here we have God who supposedly knows the hearts of men, who created the universe and the world us and all therein, ordains, homosexual priests, child molesters , drug dealing cardinals, murders etc etc and yet they cant see the issue, another one goes on about Jesus being the fullness of His church of course he is not referring to the Lords church but His own and therefore is saying that Jesus is a rapist, child molester, homosexual, drug dealer liar etc etc and doesnt seem to be to concerned with that, But than that is that religious for you, only see there religion cant see God.

supposedly you can see God and do so regularly and are even on talking terms with Him = rubbish - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
supposedly you can see God and do so regularly and are even on talking terms with Him = rubbish - twinc
Thats your problem, you dont believe Him.

Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nah God is not religious its a man thing, man seems to try always to prove himself to God, when you know Him you soon realise its all a waste of energy. We are found righteous by what Jesus did, there is nothing we can do. It is by faith we please God, no more no less.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Nah God is not religious its a man thing,...:

Like twinc said above, you worship a physical man you call Jesus. That seems to be your own private religion, don't you think?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That seems to be your own private religion, don't you think?
Jesus is not a private religion, If you want Him He is there for you, if you want religion, you can have that, if you prefer the bible to the Living word you can have that, Jesus will not force Himself upon any one, it is your choosing. Walking in the spirit is what Penetcost was all about, even something the apostles struggled with since they where teh first. But men are carnal and whats its say,

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not a private religion, If you want Him He is there for you, if you want religion, you can have that, if you prefer the bible to the Living word you can have that, Jesus will not force Himself upon any one, it is your choosing. Walking in the spirit is what Penetcost was all about, even something the apostles struggled with since they where teh first. But men are carnal and whats its say,

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

You've also stated that the Living word is a fable. The "Living word" you have posted here; is it a fable?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess it can look that way when you refuse to admit that you are religious. Christianity is a religion and if you profess Christ, you are following a tenet of religion. Religion is the language we use to communicate with God.

As we know, a great majority of words have changed meanings.
Gay no longer means happy etc.
'Religious' now speaks of pious actions ( thinking Pharisees)
Religion to me says.. conformed to , and with regularity.
It has become " Religion.... without Relationship".
Having bumped heads with many religious spirits during my Christian life...I am ready for action whenever I am face to face with them.
Religious spirits have sent more people to the nut-house than anything else. Satan loves religious people...he enjoys the trap of self-righteousness in any form.

There is an excellent book that I read many years ago, called:-
"The God they Never Knew." by George Ottis Jr.
The Tragedy of Religion without Relationship.
Religion so often comes without a price, our relationship costs....the price of our flesh man.
God bless.....H

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
lol. It's just that some term must then be made for those who follow by rote and ritual, or by mouth. Iow i drink a cup of coffee "religiously," every morning. It is a ritual for me. So then if you define "religion" differently--as is your right, of course--we have to define some other terms differently then too

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reading a post from one saying about being obedient to the ordained.

Of course, God calls who He calls. Sometimes the ones He has called fall way short of the mark. This is not God's fault. He called them and would have supported them if they had paid attention and asked Him for help. We see examples in the Old Testament of people anointed by a man of God who failed to work as they should have worked. A couple that come immediately to mind are King Saul of all Israel, King Jeroboam the 1st king of the northern 10 tribes and Jehu of the northern 10 tribes. All three were anointed, but all of them failed to follow God's direction instead of their own. There are probably a good number of ministers today who were really called by God, but simply go their own way instead of His.

The difficult thing for a person who sits under such a minister to support that minister as much they can without going against God themselves. I am certain there are people in this situation. We need to pray that they have the necessary strength to do it right in spite of wrong doing ministers.

No guessing to what religion this is. But you see this statement flies in the face of God, because according to him these men are ordained by God. So here we have God who supposedly knows the hearts of men, who created the universe and the world us and all therein, ordains, homosexual priests, child molesters , drug dealing cardinals, murders etc etc and yet they cant see the issue, another one goes on about Jesus being the fullness of His church of course he is not referring to the Lords church but His own and therefore is saying that Jesus is a rapist, child molester, homosexual, drug dealer liar etc etc and doesnt seem to be to concerned with that, But than that is that religious for you, only see there religion cant see God.

How is a person to know that a person holding the position of a minister, is NOT ordained of God? Do we treat the disobedient ordained minister differently than we do the one who was never called by God in the first place?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You've also stated that the Living word is a fable. The "Living word" you have posted here; is it a fable?
If i did, cant remember post it should have being "not" a fable, you can ask BOL about how bad my typing is hes always on about it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is a person to know that a person holding the position of a minister, is NOT ordained of God? Do we treat the disobedient ordained minister differently than we do the one who was never called by God in the first place?
Once sat under a pastor who was, many years ago, there are not many around, But than i saw that man fall a great fall. When his church collapsed a friend asked me if i was going to go to another church where he (pastor) was going, and I told him no, i am no longer going to follow after men. Wasnt few weeks later met up with another pastor i knew, attended his church for few months saw where it was taking me and walked out, Bin me and Jesus ever since, you cant fault Jesus.

Come out of her my people.... I guess we have to decide if we are His people or not.

Reactions: pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once sat under a pastor who was, many years ago, there are not many around, But than i saw that man fall a great fall. When his church collapsed a friend asked me if i was going to go to another church where he (pastor) was going, and I told him no, i am no longer going to follow after men. Wasnt few weeks later met up with another pastor i knew, attended his church for few months saw where it was taking me and walked out, Bin me and Jesus ever since, you cant fault Jesus.

Come out of her my people.... I guess we have to decide if we are His people or not.
I wish that I had had not experience with someone who had so avoided his calling from God, but your experience rings true to some of my own. Presently, I sit under a pastor who is true in his heart and strives to yield to God and to do always God's work. He is 92 years old and was called to the ministry in 1936. He is physically frail and has large gaps in his natural life because of the loss of his wife 5 years ago. We did not really him to go on so long without her after 66 years of marriage, but his ministry truly is his life.
When he passes on which will likely be soon, we see no place for us in the assembly where he is now pastor. Probably from there we will never again "belong" to one particular assemble, but at the same time, we know we must follow Christ. If we are really led to another specific place by God, we will, of course, want to do His will rather than our own.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See Amadeus, I have being asking the Lord for years if there is another way, and so far I have not yet had an answer because there isnt one, yet I see christians every day, showing us another way, something to do with a another way.,

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

There are some here who "demand" we do it there way, yet Jesus offered us only one,

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Have a most lovely day.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some here who "demand" we do it there way, yet Jesus offered us only one,
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Many are called by the father to seek his Son. The problem arises when the ones called seek to find the son in the common religions of their day but, God doesn't tell those called to seek his Son in the religious tenets man has formed. God says they shall all be taught by God;

John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God.

When Christ sent the 11 out to spread the word he defined that they will spread it to the ends of the earth. There was no others who would be commissioned to do that work. We are to take in the words of those Christ sent and let God handle our understanding of it.

It is written; Man shall live by every word of the mouth of God.

and yet people still flock to the mainstream religious sects thinking they can find the Son that God desires to draw them to not considering that Matt 15:9 ...in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, God calls who He calls. Sometimes the ones He has called fall way short of the mark. This is not God's fault. He called them and would have supported them if they had paid attention and asked Him for help. We see examples in the Old Testament of people anointed by a man of God who failed to work as they should have worked. A couple that come immediately to mind are King Saul of all Israel, King Jeroboam the 1st king of the northern 10 tribes and Jehu of the northern 10 tribes. All three were anointed, but all of them failed to follow God's direction instead of their own. There are probably a good number of ministers today who were really called by God, but simply go their own way instead of His.

The difficult thing for a person who sits under such a minister to support that minister as much they can without going against God themselves. I am certain there are people in this situation. We need to pray that they have the necessary strength to do it right in spite of wrong doing ministers.

People made leaders in the Galatian church that Paul didn't even know who they were.
Maybe the people ordained them?
Maybe they believe God ordained them?
A good question, how do we know for sure?

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People made leaders in the Galatian church that Paul didn't even know who they were.
Maybe the people ordained them?
Maybe they believe God ordained them?
A good question, how do we know for sure?
If we need to know and we ask of God, He will answer us.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matt 7:7-8

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

nope, you are as usual, way wrong, people that think as you want God to be a religion to keep God separate from the world and human affairs hence the box religion, man's (societies) can control those believers if they keep them in their religion. that way they don't have to accept it.

when the Almighty established Israel as a nation the Torah was law, to establish righteousness Judgement and Mercy in a nation He has chosen, not a religion, a law set to manage the daily affairs of God's People in His nation. He always was their King. the Living God lives and is about the living according to the lives He has given. Jesus said He is the Truth the Way and the Life. He never said He was the religion. people like you do. the Kingdom of God, or Kingdom of Heaven is a Kingdom, not a religion.

actually aspen its people that think as you do that perverts the Truth of God, in the minds of anyone who listens.