How to add avatar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OzSpen said:
Thanks, mate (Aussie lingo). It's done. Bless you for your immediate assistance. It's 10.30am Tuesday as I write. What time is it in your part of the world?
I think you're about a half day ahead of me Oz. The posts always show my time and it showed you posted at 6:32 PM on my Monday night.
How's the family?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
I think you're about a half day ahead of me Oz. The posts always show my time and it showed you posted at 6:32 PM on my Monday night.
How's the family?
Stan,

In Brisbane, unless there is daylight time in Canada, we are 18 hours ahead of Vancouver BC. Being in the sub-tropics, Queensland doesn't go on daylight time like the rest of Australia. There's no benefit to us here, but it's a pain you know where when all of the east coast of Aust is not on the same time zone in the summer. I think daylight time ends this weekend in Aust.

As for the family, all seem to be trucking pretty well at the moment. Our son (age 42) is an active muso (guitar and bass) who lives an hour north of here on the Sunshine Coast. He joins my wife, Desley (piano), in the church band from time to time. He enjoys jazz so fits in nicely when the pastor plays his flute, clarinet or saxophone. No rock and roll at our traditional church. This is only a recent addition to the music team and it doesn't happen every week because of the travelling.

Oz

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OzSpen said:
Stan,

In Brisbane, unless there is daylight time in Canada, we are 18 hours ahead of Vancouver BC. Being in the sub-tropics, Queensland doesn't go on daylight time like the rest of Australia. There's no benefit to us here, but it's a pain you know where when all of the east coast of Aust is not on the same time zone in the summer. I think daylight time ends this weekend in Aust.

As for the family, all seem to be trucking pretty well at the moment. Our son (age 42) is an active muso (guitar and bass) who lives an hour north of here on the Sunshine Coast. He joins my wife, Desley (piano), in the church band from time to time. He enjoys jazz so fits in nicely when the pastor plays his flute, clarinet or saxophone. No rock and roll at our traditional church. This is only a recent addition to the music team and it doesn't happen every week because of the travelling.

Oz
Didn't know that but it is the same as Saskatchewan where they don't go on DST. We are now on DST in Canada and I'm in the MDT zone.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Didn't know that but it is the same as Saskatchewan where they don't go on DST. We are no on DST in Canada and I'm in the MDT zone.
Stan,

What's the reason for Saskatchewan not going DST? I would have thought that all of Canada would experience lots of twilight in the summer to benefit from DST. We did when we lived in the Fraser Valley of BC way back in the mid 70s. That was a lovely part of God's world, but oh so cold after Queensland's tropics. We loved Banff & Lake Louise in the Rockies, but only visited a couple of times.

Oz

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OzSpen said:
Stan,

What's the reason for Saskatchewan not going DST? I would have thought that all of Canada would experience lots of twilight in the summer to benefit from DST. We did when we lived in the Fraser Valley of BC way back in the mid 70s. That was a lovely part of God's world, but oh so cold after Queensland's tropics. We loved Banff & Lake Louise in the Rockies, but only visited a couple of times.

Oz
Because of the farmers. Apparently them farmers don't like DST?

freedom7

May 27, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to add an avatar, but it will not take. I chose one of my files and I could see the file name selected, but it will not upload. Do I need to be here a certain lenght of time before I can add an Avatar? TY

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
freedom7 said:
I tried to add an avatar, but it will not take. I chose one of my files and I could see the file name selected, but it will not upload. Do I need to be here a certain lenght of time before I can add an Avatar? TY
Don't know about length of time, but I don't think so, as I added mine right off. It may only take a .jpg file of a certain size, but look at the instructions when you are trying to upload it to see. If you still can' then ask HammerStone.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you may have gotten it to work, but just in case...

Did it give you an error message or anything when you selected the file and then tried to upload.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now I cant get mine take a photo I have used before... I went to change it and now I cant upload one... :( Sad day

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
BA, this happened to me when I was helping another member...try going to a free image hosting service and downloaded it there. Then copy the direct links/layout code [not the URL because it doesn't work] from that site and paste it into our "URL import" window in the photo editor...

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. That just seems like an awful lot to got through for my avi. :p I'll try it. Thank you!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a (now) known bug with the avatar uploads. I don't have an ETA on it yet, but for the short term, if you want to change the avatar, go Angelina's route.

I apologize for the issue; we did a small patch to the admin side which apparently broke the photo/avatar upload feature.