How to be free from sin Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eee27

Feb 10, 2023
Abidjan
Faith
Christian
Country
Cote Divoire
4 - The forgiveness of sins

Alongside the law of the commandments God instituted in the law a merciful forgiveness of sins in the Old Testament through animal sacrifices.

This gives the full meaning of John 1:29: The next day he saw Jesus coming to him, and he said, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

John the Baptist declares that Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

If Christ is our lamb today we must know in the scriptures how the lambs enable us to take away all our sins. (Leviticus 16)

Leviticus 16:20 When he has finished making atonement for the sanctuary, for the tent of meeting, and for the altar, he will bring the live goat. Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the living goat, and he shall confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel and all the transgressions by which they have sinned; he will put them on the head of the goat, then he will drive him out into the desert, with the help of a man who will have this charge.

This shows us that a faith in the year God instituted on the 10th day of the seventh month God appointed Aaron and his children to make sacrifices for the forgiveness of the sins of the people in perpetuity (1 Chronicles 23: Sons of Amram (Aaron and Moses. Aaron was set apart to be sanctified as most holy, he and his sons forever, to offer incense before the Lord, to do his service, and to bless forever in his name.)

A perpetuity also means that a descendant of Aaron must also make the priesthood with christ (lamb) for the forgiveness of the sins of the world.

We note that in the sacrifice he must have:

*An animal without spots and without defects

*Laying on of the hands of the high priest to pass the sins of the people onto the expiatory victim.

*Death of the animal that gives its life for the forgiveness of (Romans 6:23).

Men in the old testament could never reach perfection once and for all, because each year renewing sacrifices for the forgiveness of sins, God saw fit to send us an animal par excellence to abolish sin once and for all. for all.

Hebrews 9:25-26: And he did not enter it to offer himself many times, as the high priest enters the sanctuary every year with foreign blood; otherwise, he would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world, while now, at the end of the ages, he has appeared only once to abolish sin by his sacrifice.

Hebrews 10:11-14: And while every priest does service daily, and often offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins, he, after offering one sacrifice for sins, sat down forever at the right hand of God, ¹³ now waiting for his enemies to become his footstool. ¹⁴ For by one offering he has perfected forever those who are sanctified. ¹

So with Christ we must have these 3 elements also united without one missing to ensure our salvation.

So in the New Testament we look first to John the Baptist.

(1 Samuel 2:35: I will appoint myself a faithful priest, who will act after my heart and after my soul; I will build him a stable house, and he will always walk before my anointed.) Tells us that there will be a priest who will walk before his anointed Christ.

Luke 1:59-60: shows us that John is a priest since son of Zechariah of the class of Abia

John is also high priest since Christ confirms him as the greatest of all men Matthew 11:11

John preceded Jesus as his quintessential protocol to show the world the messiah who will save all men. (John 1:6: There was a man sent from God: his name was John. ⁷ He came to be a witness, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through him.)

Then all men must believe in christ through john in the same way that the people had salvation through the laying on of hands of Aaron (Luke 1:76-77: And thou, little child, shalt be called the prophet of the Most High; for thou shalt walk before the face of the Lord, to prepare his ways, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,).

We must then find our lamb spotless and without blemish.

(Luke 1:35 The angel answered him, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the holy child who will be born of you will be called the Son of God.)

Christ is therefore our lamb without blemishes and without spots.

Hence we seek the touch of the laying on of the high priest's hands upon the lamb.

Matthew 3:13-17: Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. ¹⁴ But John opposed it, saying: It is I who need to be baptized by you, and you come to me! ¹⁵ Jesus answered him, Let it be now, for it is becoming that we thus accomplish all that is righteous. And Jean resisted him no longer. ¹⁶ As soon as Jesus was baptized, he came out of the water. And behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming upon him. ¹⁷ And behold, a voice came from heaven saying these words: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Now we know well that the righteousness of God was established when the high priest transferred all the sins of the people onto the lamb to make the people righteous from all sin.

John, who is smaller spiritually than Jesus, imposes them on Christ simply means that Christ was at that time in the position of a lamb and therefore John of a priest.

At that time, therefore, the transfer of sins could only happen when John laid hands on Jesus to baptize him.

The baptism of Jesus was therefore for the transfer of sins onto Jesus.

Thereafter Christ died on the cross to pay the price for all these sins, died and rose again to give us life.

So in the same way that killing the animal in the old testament without laying on hands did not allow us to have salvation, so also believing only in the blood of Jesus shed on the cross without believing in the baptism of Jesus can never us allow to be saved.

Jesus didn't take our sins on the cross as one might think, but he took them on rather long before he even went to the cross.

Isaiah 53:4-5: However, it is our pains that he has borne, it is our pains that he has borne; And we counted him punished, smitten by God, and humiliated. But he was wounded for our sins, crushed for our iniquities; The chastisement that gives us peace fell on him, And it is by his wounds that we are healed.

The forgiveness of sins is therefore obtained by believing in the Divinity of Jesus (Animal without spot without blemish), in his baptism (Laying on of hands) and in his death on the cross says it so well 1 John 5:6:10

From now on you are righteous and holy through faith in the water the blood and the spirit of Jesus and have clear access to God's salvation.

So there is no more prayer of repentance, no more asking for forgiveness for sin, no more offering or sacrifice for sin.

Hebrews 10:8-14: He begins thus by saying: “You did not want any sacrifice, or grain offering, or burnt offerings, or sacrifices for sin; you took no pleasure in it”. Yet these sacrifices are offered in accordance with the Law. Then he declares: Behold, I have come to do your will. Thus he abolishes the first state of things in order to establish the second. And it is because of this will of God that we are cleansed from sin, through the sacrifice that Jesus Christ offered of his own body once for all. Every priest presents himself daily to perform his service and often offer the same sacrifices which, however, can never take away sins. Christ, on the other hand, offered a unique sacrifice for sins, valid forever, and he sits at the right hand of God where he now expects God to place his enemies like a stool under his feet. By a single offering, in fact, he has made perfect forever those whom he purifies from sin.

For additional please visit our website www.bjnewlife.org or whatsapp +2250500832642