How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13
GOD SAYS=
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember becoming born again when the I started doing what the Lord taught.

Nobody can “ do” the things Jesus Taught.....Did you sell all of your possessions and give them to the poor? This is what Jesus “ Taught” the Rich, Young Ruler.......If I hit you, will you “ Turn the Other Cheek? If I ask you for your Car will you also give me your house? Jesus “Taught” that you should NEVER refuse to give ANYTHING that was asked of you , plus you have to throw in stuff that was never even requested......

So.....Are you “REALLY” sure that you “ DO” the things that Jesus commanded? I am too Fallen,too much of a weak Sinner to Do all of the things that Jesus said to do.....For those of you out there that need a “ loop-Hole” because you are wise enough and honest enough to admit that you can’t reach God's Standard ( that “ Standard” is Perfection, btw) do what I did—— simply BELIEVE the Gospel Of 1Cor 15:1-4......THAT and That ALONE is how to get to Heaven——NOT by trying and failing to “ do all the things that Jesus said to do”

No,I do not pretend to be able to reach the level of Righteousness that Jesus put out there .....The Law was given to show that you can’t keep it....the commands of Jesus are like the Law Of Moses on Steroids! Think you are “ hot stuff” because you have never committed Adultery? The Truth is, if you have ever even just entertained a Lustful Thought,you are as guilty as an Adulterer! THIS is what Jesus Taught!

So give it up, Blind, deceived men.....you need GRACE and Tons of it! You can get that Grace by following the one Command of Jesus that just so happens to coincide with “ The WILL of GOD”—— “ BELIEVE on THE ONE THAT HE SENT !” Even * I * can do that.......so can you......Simply Believe 1 Cor15:1-4......God Bless....

Reactions: JohnPaul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody can “ do” the things Jesus Taught.....Did you sell all of your possessions and give them to the poor? This is what Jesus “ Taught” the Rich, Young Ruler.......If I hit you, will you “ Turn the Other Cheek? If I ask you for your Car will you also give me your house? Jesus “Taught” that you should NEVER refuse to give ANYTHING that was asked of you , plus you have to throw in stuff that was never even requested......

So.....Are you “REALLY” sure that you “ DO” the things that Jesus commanded? I am too Fallen,too much of a weak Sinner to Do all of the things that Jesus said to do.....For those of you out there that need a “ loop-Hole” because you are wise enough and honest enough to admit that you can’t reach God's Standard ( that “ Standard” is Perfection, btw) do what I did—— simply BELIEVE the Gospel Of 1Cor 15:1-4......THAT and That ALONE is how to get to Heaven——NOT by trying and failing to “ do all the things that Jesus said to do”

No,I do not pretend to be able to reach the level of Righteousness that Jesus put out there .....The Law was given to show that you can’t keep it....the commands of Jesus are like the Law Of Moses on Steroids! Think you are “ hot stuff” because you have never committed Adultery? The Truth is, if you have ever even just entertained a Lustful Thought,you are as guilty as an Adulterer! THIS is what Jesus Taught!

So give it up, Blind, deceived men.....you need GRACE and Tons of it! You can get that Grace by following the one Command of Jesus that just so happens to coincide with “ The WILL of GOD”—— “ BELIEVE on THE ONE THAT HE SENT !” Even * I * can do that.......so can you......Simply Believe 1 Cor15:1-4......God Bless....

Jesus taught us to preach the gospel and go to church and worship. Fast and pray. Keep the Sabbath day holy, help the poor, pay tithing of 10%. I think I can do some of the things Jesus taught. What you're talking about is being perfect. I don't have to be perfect, but yes I gave away my riches to follow Jesus.

That and Jesus was teaching a man to be a disciple of Christ so that he had to sell all and give to the poor. Now days the gospel is spread and there is really no need for everyone to do those things to be perfect as a disciple.

Last edited:

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

GOD SAYS=

You forgot baptism
He who believes and is baptized will be saved (Mk 16:16)
...eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (1Pet 3:20:21)

It is in Baptism that we are born again (John 3:5, Titus 3:5)

Reactions: dev553344

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really think Jesus just forgot baptism???? Baptism does NOT save anyone even if you are baptized every day of your life.

GOD SAYS=

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you really think Jesus just forgot baptism???? Baptism does NOT save anyone even if you are baptized every day of your life.

GOD SAYS=

Well Scripture says differently
Jesus said: He who believes and is baptized will be saved (Mk 16:16)
Jesus also said “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." John 3:5
Peter wrote: ...eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (1Pet 3:20:21)
Paul wrote: he saved us, ......... by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God OFFERS Forgiveness, Salvation, Quickening, Keeping, According
TO: Gods Order and Way.

Accept Gods Offering; And God WILL According to His WORD OF TRUTH,
BY His WORKS, MAKE a man CONVERTED: WHOLLY (Body, soul, spirit) WHOLE;
and FOREVER BY Gods POWER;
KEEP that man Wholly, Whole and holy Unto the Lord God Almighty.

Amen and Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! You have proof that baptism does not save anyone. We all know people that are not even believers that have been baptized . Hitler was baptized!!!THINK!

GOD SAYS=

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read slowly and try to understand!! 1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

"""NOT the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:""" =THAT SAVES YOU NOT WATER!!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught us to preach the gospel and go to church and worship. Fast and pray. Keep the Sabbath day holy, help the poor, pay tithing of 10%. I think I can do some of the things Jesus taught. What you're talking about is being perfect. I don't have to be perfect, but yes I gave away my riches to follow Jesus.

That and Jesus was teaching a man to be a disciple of Christ so that he had to sell all and give to the poor. Now days the gospel is spread and there is really no need for everyone to do those things to be perfect as a disciple.

You *DO” have to be “ Perfect” to make it to Heaven (“ Be Perfect— even as your Father in Heaven is Perfect “)

The only way to be Perfect is to have that Perfection IMPUTED to you .....Get “ That” Imputation” by Believing and RESTING in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4.....

Reactions: dev553344

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!! You have proof that baptism does not save anyone. We all know people that are not even believers that have been baptized . Hitler was baptized!!!THINK!

GOD SAYS=

The great evangelist Oliver Greene got baptized aa a teen because he thought it would help him get into some girls pants.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot baptism
He who believes and is baptized will be saved (Mk 16:16)
...eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (1Pet 3:20:21)

It is in Baptism that we are born again (John 3:5, Titus 3:5)

There are nine different types of Baptism in the Bible —— most of them DRY.....the ONLY Baptism that will Count on Judgement Day is this one—-Have you been Baptized into “ The Body Of Christ?” ....you get that the moment that you put your Trust in Jesus to Save you....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To get back to the original question of how to be Saved and join God’s Family .....try this ....guaranteed to work ! It’s based on a Promise of God—ASK!

“ ANYBODY” that ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE SAVED” .....Rom10:13

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just believe the eternal living Words of God???

GOD SAYS=
is made unto Salvation. For """whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved."""===========just too simple for you to believe???

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

GOD SAYS=

You are in denial of Scripture.
Jesus also said “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." John 3:5
Peter wrote: ...eight persons, were saved through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you (1Pet 3:20:21)
Paul wrote: he saved us, ......... by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5)

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Read slowly and try to understand!! 1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

"""NOT the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:""" =THAT SAVES YOU NOT WATER!!
Let me go through this carefully and then you might understand

Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ (RSV).
Note the parts I have emboldened. This is the core statement

Baptism, ……., now saves you, ….., through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The parts I have omitted are extra clarifiction. I will come back to them later

The Council of Trent defined 5 causes of our initial justification (salvation). Here are two of them:
a) the meritorious cause is His most beloved only-begotten, our Lord Jesus Christ, who, when we were enemies, for the exceeding charity wherewith he loved us, merited Justification for us by His most holy Passion on the wood of the cross, and made satisfaction for us unto God the Father.

Jesus by his passion, death and resurrection merited salvation for us.
This is what Peter says: - we are saved "through the resurrection of Jesus Christ".
But not every on is saved. There is something else that has to happen before Jesus applied that salvation to us.

b) the instrumental cause is the sacrament of baptism, which is the sacrament of faith, without which (faith) no man was ever justified.
The instrument that Jesus uses to apply his saving grace is baptism. This is what Peter means when he says Baptism, ……., now saves you.

Now for the addition clarification
a) Baptism, which corresponds to this,
Which corresponds to this. To what? Well to what Peter has been referring to in the previous verse, namely the salvation of 8 persons through water. Baptism corresponds because we are saved through (by means of) water just as those 8 persons were saved (by means of) water. Water was the instrument that God used to save them and it is the instrument he uses to save us. But whereas in the case of Noah it was physical salvation. In our case it is spiritual salvation.

b) not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience.
Water is normally used for physical cleansing but here Peter is saying it is used for spiritual cleansing - an appeal to God for a clear conscience because God forgives us our sins.
This is what Peter says in Acts 2:38 “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins"

Of course you might say that the 8 people in Noahs time were saved by the Ark not by the water. The water drowned people. But that is to misunderstand what God was doing in Noah's time.

Immediately before God tells Noah to build the Ark he explains what he is doing:
In the eyes of God the earth was corrupt and full of lawlessness. When God saw how corrupt the earth had become, since all mortals led depraved lives on earth, he said to Noah: “I have decided to put an end to all mortals on earth; the earth is full of lawlessness because of them. So I will destroy them and all life on earth.” (Gen 6:11-13)

The water (the flood) destroyed the world with all it’s sin and iniquity. It was this that those in the Ark were saved from by means of water. And it saves us in a similar but spiritual way, by clearing out the sin and iniquity in us. As Peter goes on to say it is an appeal to God for a clear conscience - because our sins are forgiven.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why not just believe the eternal living Words of God???

GOD SAYS=
is made unto Salvation. For """whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved."""===========just too simple for you to believe???

Why not believe what Scripture says ?
Paul wrote: he saved us, ......... by the washing of regeneration and renewal in the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5)

Believe Scripture GISMYS

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for understanding!! Baptism saves NO ONE!!! We all know people that have been baptized just to please their mother, wife, pastor, friend but have not believed and accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior but satan has them thinking they are saved because they were baptized but they are on the fast track to hell!!!THINK!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To get back to the original question of how to be Saved and join God’s Family .....try this ....guaranteed to work ! It’s based on a Promise of God—ASK!

“ ANYBODY” that ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE SAVED” .....Rom10:13
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Rom 10:13

How many know how to call on His name? Is it only a word, Jesus? Does calling on his name mean simply speaking it with a mouth of flesh using tongue, lips and vocal chords? And then there is believing, right?

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:14-17