How to be shut out of the kingdom of heaven/God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV)
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name,
and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ ”

The Living Bible ---- “You have never been mine”
NLT, Holman -------- “you lawbreakers”
NIV, NRSV, Phillips -- “you have worked on the side of evil”
The Amplified Bible - “you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]”

It looks like lawlessness is breaking God’s laws …
and those who practice lawlessness are doing it all the time!
It sounds like this the same as practicing sinning.

BACs who may enter the kingdom of heaven
● have done the will of Father God
● have NOT practiced lawlessness (evil)

BACs who may NOT enter the kingdom of heaven
● have NOT done the will of Father God
● have practiced lawlessness (evil)

Being a habitual sinner shuts you out of the kingdom

“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication,
uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies,
outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders,
drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand,
just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things
will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21)

“For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man,
who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things
the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:5-6)

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,
nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Cor 6:9-10)

Walking the narrow way to salvation is believing and obeying

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that
leads to destruction (eternal death), and there are many who go in by it.
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to
(eternal) life, and there are few who find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)

Yes, it is not easy to overcome the flesh’s desire to sin!

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Furthermore,

Jhn 10:27, My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Jhn 10:28, And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Jhn 10:29, My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Jhn 10:30, I and my Father are one.

Mat 7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I would further point out that iniquity here is not lawlessness per se. For we are not justified through law-keeping:

Gal 2:16, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Rom 3:20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Iniquity is, rather, that which comes out of the flesh that is wicked and unrighteous. Most assuredly, the law condemns such behaviour; for wicked and unrighteous behaviour will always turn out to be against established law.

However, a man can be perfectly lawful (the opposite of lawless) and yet be unredeemed. For this was Saul of Tarsus before he became Paul:

Phl 3:1, Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it issafe.
Phl 3:2, Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Phl 3:3, For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Phl 3:4, Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

Phl 3:5, Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Phl 3:6, Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Phl 3:7, But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phl 3:8, Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Phl 3:9, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

We are saved by grace, through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus.
according to you we are kept b y following the laws of rightousness and there is no forgiveness for braking these laws.

Jesus praised the simple childlike faith that trusts God. You forget that he said that the brused reed he would not snap or the smouldering ember he would not put out.

Jesus is the good shepherd who care for and tends the vunerable weak lambs.

in Cor. there is a verse that goes, 'if you think you're standing, becarefull you don't fall!'

Something we al,l in our pride at our knowledge, should remember.

D

Dave L

Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV)
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,
‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name,
and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ ”

The Living Bible ---- “You have never been mine”
NLT, Holman -------- “you lawbreakers”
NIV, NRSV, Phillips -- “you have worked on the side of evil”
The Amplified Bible - “you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]”

It looks like lawlessness is breaking God’s laws …
and those who practice lawlessness are doing it all the time!
It sounds like this the same as practicing sinning.

BACs who may enter the kingdom of heaven
● have done the will of Father God
● have NOT practiced lawlessness (evil)

BACs who may NOT enter the kingdom of heaven
● have NOT done the will of Father God
● have practiced lawlessness (evil)

“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication,
uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies,
outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders,
drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand,
just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things
will not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21)

“For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man,
who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things
the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.” (Ephesians 5:5-6)

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,
nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Cor 6:9-10)

Walking the narrow way to salvation is believing and obeying

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that
leads to destruction (eternal death), and there are many who go in by it.
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to
(eternal) life, and there are few who find it.” (Matthew 7:13-14)

Yes, it is not easy to overcome the flesh’s desire to sin!
These were not born again. Jesus said he never knew them. Do you see a striking resemblance here thinking Jesus is describing the Charismatic movement, especially Oneness? Mainline churches do not prophecy, cast out demons or do any of the things mentioned in the profile.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These were not born again. Jesus said he never knew them. Do you see a striking resemblance here thinking Jesus is describing the Charismatic movement, especially Oneness? Mainline churches do not prophecy, cast out demons or do any of the things mentioned in the profile.
This focus on Oneness is reminiscent of Nero's madness.

In Matthew 7:21-23, it should be clear that the people thought that they would enter in because they did the same things as those who entered in because of true faith; but because they were practicing iniquity on the side (Matthew 7:23); they were not even of Jesus' sheep (compare John 10:27).

D

Dave L

This focus on Oneness is reminiscent of Nero's madness.

In Matthew 7:21-23, it should be clear that the people thought that they would enter in because they did the same things as those who entered in because of true faith; but because they were practicing iniquity on the side (Matthew 7:23); they were not even of Jesus' sheep (compare John 10:27).
Oneness is a false doctrine about God. And you cannot expect to blather it unchecked by scripture.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We are saved by grace, through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus.
according to you we are kept b y following the laws of rightousness and there is no forgiveness for braking these laws.

Jesus praised the simple childlike faith that trusts God. You forget that he said that the brused reed he would not snap or the smouldering ember he would not put out.

Jesus is the good shepherd who care for and tends the vunerable weak lambs.
We should indeed stick to the simple, Biblical Gospel...

Reactions: Waiting on him

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus praised the simple childlike faith that trusts God.

Just a thought to consider: A child will trust whatever their parents told them to do. They wouldn't doubt; only trust. This is the same faith that we need to have with our Heavenly Father (i.e., we will trust His commands no matter how difficult it seems). This is what childlike faith is all about.

In peace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oneness is a false doctrine about God. And you cannot expect to blather it unchecked by scripture.
Since I do not hold the Trinity (as opposed to Tritheism) to be false doctrine and do not consider the Trinity to be the essential but rather the essential is the Deity of Christ; therefore it is not in my best interests to argue the doctrine any further (since I believe in it for the most part): but I will leave people with the thought that those who believe in Oneness doctrine are not necessarily outside of the body of Jesus Christ and that this is not a doctrine that we as Christians are to divide over....since there is nothing in the Bible that teaches that rejecting the Trinity will result in loss of one's salvation, as long as one does not reject the Deity of Christ as a doctrine; for the key verse on this is John 8:24.

D

Dave L

Since I do not hold the Trinity (as opposed to Tritheism) to be false doctrine and do not consider the Trinity to be the essential but rather the essential is the Deity of Christ; therefore it is not in my best interests to argue the doctrine any further (since I believe in it for the most part): but I will leave people with the thought that those who believe in Oneness doctrine are not necessarily outside of the body of Jesus Christ and that this is not a doctrine that we as Christians are to divide over....since there is nothing in the Bible that teaches that rejecting the Trinity will result in loss of one's salvation, as long as one does not reject the Deity of Christ as a doctrine; for the key verse on this is John 8:24.
The problem with your reasoning is it that without the trinity doctrine, you agree with the oneness Pharisees of Jesus' day and not the trinitarian disciples and apostles. Jesus Christ = YAHWEH and the Pharisees also said YAHWEH is God. In a oneness sense just as you.

John was trinitarian in all of his writings. And the disciples baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit which is YAHWEH in the OT and Jesus Christ in the NT. You need to study before cutting yourself off from Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every instance in the book of Acts where the disciples baptized, it was in the name of the Lord Jesus.

James 2:19 says that we do well to believe in one God.

John 1:1 is to be understood in light of Deuteronomy 6:4 and Ephesians 4:10...

For the foundation of what the people believed in the days of the New Testament was indeed the shema of the Old Testament..and Jesus would not have taught them to build a building on shifting sand, without a foundation.

So then I am thinking that I am motivated to still contend for what I believe in, for the sake of those Jewish people who must see that the Trinity is a monotheistic doctrine in order fot them to believe.

For the true doctrine of the Trinity does indeed proclaim that there is one God (not three Gods, but one).

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, exactly; God in Three Persons is strongly seen revealed in the New Testament.
Hmm, maybe to you, but I note no Quotes wadr.
Positing "persons" in God is also roundly condemned in Scripture I guess. Not meaning to offend Catholics, but if the RCC fwds it, then it must be warped. Spirits are not persons, even if they are anthropomorphised for descriptive purposes. I guess we even have a Passage about this...

Reactions: Pisteuo and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Just a thought to consider: A child will trust whatever their parents told them to do. They wouldn't doubt; only trust. This is the same faith that we need to have with our Heavenly Father (i.e., we will trust His commands no matter how difficult it seems). This is what childlike faith is all about.

In peace
We do indeed need child-like faith, yes... :)

Simple trust (Proverbs 3.5) in the promises of Scripture.

Reactions: LoveBeacon

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mainline churches do not prophecy, cast out demons or do any of the things mentioned in the profile.
And could this be because they either have no Life in them or because they suppressed the Holy Spirit which would have brought Life?
Should we expect the dead to perform the works of God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Off topic again ... same-o, same-o ...
and the mods do nothing about it.
Be careful what you ask for. On many forums where the mods are more involved some of us would not be allowed to remain. This could mean you or it could mean me. It would make the forums as dead as many of the church services which are held regularly by dead people. The zombies are not restricted to the zombie movies. They walk among us.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And the Oneness of God is strongly seen throughout the OT and the NT.
Correct. There is no conflict between the oneness of God and the triune Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Christians should all agree that the Mystery of God is beyond our understanding, and to be accepted by faith.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Correct. There is no conflict between the oneness of God and the triune Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Christians should all agree that the Mystery of God is beyond our understanding, and to be accepted by faith.
One in Three and Three in One: both are Biblical. John's Gospel wonderfully portrays the Three Persons active together in Divine purpose.