How to get a good spirit in your home

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the temple of God which is our bodies. And by doing good works thru direction of the Holy Spirit and the teachings of the bible we can get a good spirit, God's spirit in our bodies. Peace, love, joy, etc. We can be a pleasant dwelling.

I have found the same is true for peoples homes. What is done there greatly determines the spirit that will fill that dwelling place. If we bless others there, have Godly discussions that glorify God and don't speak evil or harsh things towards others.

A long time ago, I was taught that you can set apart your home for the purpose of the Lord.

Have you ever walked into someones home and sensed a worldly or evil spirit and not felt comfortable being there, and also walked into someone else's home and felt a goodness there and enjoyed your time there, felt a peace in it.?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to go to the LDS temple. And one thing I liked about it was there was this quietness that I sensed. I could think easier and relax. I'm no longer LDS, but there was that.

I sometimes play online Mass in my home and notice if I do that daily, pray to God and read the scriptures, serving the Lord in different ways including my project it makes my home a better dwelling place. I feel a lot of peace and happiness because of it.

I go for walks by the church, and I would get a peace there that was serene just walking by. They changed it to a different church denomination and I'm not sure I get that anymore.

Reactions: amadeus