How to get plain text version of NASB?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug_E_Fresh

gяελ нατ jεsμs ƒяεακ
Dec 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
dswdoctrine.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

Does anyone know where you can get a plain text version of the bible? Each of the bible apps that are made have to get the actual text from somewhere. I'd like to try to make a bible app, but I can't seem to find where to get the actual bible from. I don't care if I have to pay for it, I just want to know where I can get it.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you attempted contacting the Lockman Foundation (who, I believe, still owns the NASB translation) and asking them? In my experience, most of the nonprofit publishers will work with you to license a translation (some free, some for a fee) unless this is just a personal app. If that's the case, then I am not sure where to get a plain text of that version, as all I know of would be parsed from a database with notes and whatnot.

Doug_E_Fresh

gяελ нατ jεsμs ƒяεακ
Dec 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
dswdoctrine.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's what I'm going for:

I want to build a better Bible App. Mainly for myself, the way I think I want it. But I don't know how people are building Bible apps, or where they're getting the text from. In my experience, if you want an offline bible app, it means you need the actual text to be downloaded to the phone in code format so the application can read it. that means that I have to be able to get the text from somewhere so that I can work with it offline. Does that make sense? I guess after writing this I'm trying to ask, "Where do I start?".