How to increase my faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Hello, this is my first time posting here.I am a very fervent Christian, and I believe in God, and His son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, with all my heart.I attend a Catholic School (I was not forced by my parents, rather I decided to go and I help pay for it). I thought maybe I may be able to socialize with other peace-loving Christians and God-believers, but all around are devout atheists. Everyday, they all try to convince me there is no God, but I refuse to believe them. I lash back at them with even more proof that God does indeed exist, but they refuse to listen. I don't try to convert everyday, rather, they try to convert me. They are like, atheistic fundamentalist, if such a thing existed.I will never lose faith in God, but for some reason, I feel my faith deterriorating more and more everyday. All of those atheists and secularists at school think they are right, and the scoff at my beliefs. All of this negative attitude is began to destroy my faith.Does anyone know of any way to increase my faith?Thanks in advance :bible:
smile.gif

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
MWM- seek out brothers and sisters in Christ with whom You can rejoice and praise God. You can share your troubles too. Remember to keep on keeping on, because we need to keep up a steady pace to run the race. "And note this: some who are despised now will be greatly honored then; and some who are highly thought of now will be least important then." Luke 13:30*Remember also that God wants us to trust Him because He is God- and not because we have come up with an argument that proves Him to be as such. We don't need these arguments, we already know!"Then he was filled with the Holy Spirit and said, "I praise you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for hiding these things from the intellectuals and worldly wise and for revealing them to those who are as trusting as little children. Yes, thank you, Father, for that is the way you wanted it." Luke 10:21 * (It was Jesus who prayed this prayer.)Here on this board, we will encourage you. You can share with us if you want, too. *The Living Bible, Paraphrased

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi MWM,Welcome to the Board! That seems a little strange for me to say since I've only been a member for about a week or so, but I find it to be an excellent place for fellowship with believers. and even a good place for debating with those who aren't quite there yet.You do know that there are two different meanings for the word "world," do you? One refers to the entire poplulation of the Earth, but the other meaning is the one used by Jesus to refer to unbelievers . . . the lost.In John 15:18-21 Jesus talks about the very thing you are experiencing. I will only quote a part of it here, and you can read the rest in your Bible. Jesus said, "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world (those who have no regard for God), but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."Don't worry about non-believers. Just let them go their way. Remain kind to them, but don't associate with them.Get your head into the Bible every single day. That's how you come to know how glorious is the God we serve. God, you know, has promised to increase your faith if you remain faithful to Him.Jesus said to pray for those who hate you. He will handle the rest. And He will make your faith stronger through your praying for those who mock you. Also check out these words of our Savior from Matt. 5:11-12, "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account." You can read the rest for yourself. The bracketed section above is my emphasis.waynemlj

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(MWM;36317)
..I will never lose faith in God, but for some reason, I feel my faith deterriorating more and more everyday. All of those atheists and secularists at school think they are right, and the scoff at my beliefs.
Ha ha ha, they're LOSERS and they're naturally envious because you're a WINNER, a WORLD-BEATER..
smile.gif
Jesus was a winner and we join him on the winning side -Jesus said - "I've beaten the world" (John 16:33)"Who is it that beats the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:5)I regularly put atheists in their place on the boards and forums, it's like taking candy from a baby.Specifically what things do they say to you?I'll give you some stock replies to defeat them..
smile.gif
Meanwhile don't take them seriously, God certainly doesn't..
smile.gif
"..they make a noise like a dog..but you Lord shall laugh at them and hold the heathen in derision" (Psalm 59:6-8 )Right Lassie?"Wuff-wuff"
lassie1.jpg

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(MWM;36317)
Hello, this is my first time posting here.I am a very fervent Christian, and I believe in God, and His son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, with all my heart.I attend a Catholic School (I was not forced by my parents, rather I decided to go and I help pay for it). I thought maybe I may be able to socialize with other peace-loving Christians and God-believers, but all around are devout atheists. Everyday, they all try to convince me there is no God, but I refuse to believe them. I lash back at them with even more proof that God does indeed exist, but they refuse to listen. I don't try to convert everyday, rather, they try to convert me. They are like, atheistic fundamentalist, if such a thing existed.I will never lose faith in God, but for some reason, I feel my faith deterriorating more and more everyday. All of those atheists and secularists at school think they are right, and the scoff at my beliefs. All of this negative attitude is began to destroy my faith.Does anyone know of any way to increase my faith?Thanks in advance :bible:
smile.gif

Hi, Are you a born again christian, if you aren't, and want to know how to become one,I can heip you. If you are that is wonderful. God give to everyone the measure of faith, Romans 12: 3, It doesn't say, "A measure" but, "The measure", if He said "A measure" that means One might person have more then onther, But God has given to every one the same amount of faith, The Bible tells us how to increase our faith.[1] Faith comes by heaing God's word. Romans 10: 17,[2] Faith works [Made strong] by love. Galations 5: 6,[3] Increased by confessing. Luke 17: 5:--6,[4] Activated by actions. James 2: 22-26. Here is a clearer meaning of v 22, "By works was his faith activated, or operated" you could be in a wheel chair and believe God has healed you, but until you put actions to your faith, you wont get out of that wheel chair.The word confession in Luke 17: 5--6, is this, When you speak the word out, it goes into your inner ear and create's faith to the Spirit man inside you. That is why Rom 10: 8, says, "The word in in your mouth,then in your heart"you speak it and it creates faith in you heart.Then in v 10: it says, "With the heart you believe, and the mouth speaks".for example, if you are sick, keep confessing,"By His stripes I am healed, by His stripes I was healed, Jesus has taken all my sickness". That will create the realisation in your spirit and get faith into your heart.

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Thanks guys I feel a lot better now
smile.gif
Really, I do. We are on the winner's side!God bless, and thank you all again for your help.
Specifically what things do they say to you?
I've learned to just let them believe (or rather disbelieve) what they want to. But, you know, they say stupid things like, say if I say "Thank God" after something good happens, they all go like "What God?" and instead of saying "Oh my God", they intentionally say "Oh Your God" or "Oh my Gawd". Anytime the subject of religion is brought up, they just scoff at the idea, and say "idiots....". There is one fellow in my school who is a very devout Christian. When he and I speak of God, others join in and look at us both with puzzled expressions. When asked about their religion. they say "I pretty much doubt God, and I hate it when anybody talks about him".One thing I don't understand is why do atheists feel compelled to try to disprove the existence of God? According to them, we're just a pile of bones and meat that just exploded into the universe by accident, and there is no heaven or after life or anything, so why should they care? Why is disproving God so important to them?But, I've learned to just ignore them and their "prophecy", because I hold the truth. I know there is a God, and He loves us all.Thanks for your help
biggrin.gif

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
The best way to grow in your faith I find is to experiencing God.You can do this by learning about your faith.Through christian fellowshipThrough Prayer ( I find that being alone in the woods, leaning/ sitting against a tree, where all you can hear is the wind rustling through the leaves and the birds chirping above is the best and most relaxing way to pray)witness a miracle weekly ( if your catholic you know what I'm talking about.)through sharing your faithThrough scriptureand through skittles, Theyre so good its a spiritual experience everytime you put them in your mouth

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
May you be the shining light for Jesus over there. Yes, you are a winner already with Jesus. Be strong and bold. I did my child care studies in Lutheran college for long time ago and I could not believe that time how students went on drinking and partying, even some teachers and the principal did the same. We had youth work and deacon students in that college also. And I thought these are the ones who will be working in Lutheran church, should they be a good example and not live that kind of life. Before I started my studies over there I thought that is a good place to study with other Christians and I was :eek: when I found out, what the place was like. But I became stronger in my faith through that and there were really nice,committed Christians as well and we bonded together. We sticked together. With one of my friend we used to get up early and go and pray in a Spirit filled/charismatic church for the people in that Lutheran college. When I left the college I gave some feed back to teachers and the headmaster/principal, who also was a pastor. I left a letter to them. Later I heard that he resigned from his position. I don't know why, but what ever reason... I just pray that you are the light in that place. Don't lose your faith because of the other people, good that you've got another Christian friend there. Be encouraged.God Bless,Thunder1

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(MWM;36337)
One thing I don't understand is why do atheists feel compelled to try to disprove the existence of God?
For a variety of reasons -1 - To look 'cool' and 'politically-correct' in front of their mates.2 - Because they were turned off Jesus by something that happened when they were kids, such as parents forcing them to go to church, or having bullying nuns and priest teachers at school, or a harsh fire-and-brimstone aunt or uncle etc, so being an atheist is their silly way of getting their own back.3 - Fear. At the back of every atheists mind is the nagging doubt that Christians may be RIGHT, so by being an atheist and attacking Christianity, they hope to drag others to hell with them so they won't be alone down there..
wink.gif
4 - Terror. The idea of demons and evil spirits terrifies them, so by shouting 'Christianity is a lie!' they're trying to convince themselves Christianity and demons are one big conspiracy theory and myth.5 - Possession. If somebody has a demon, it warps their thought processes and blinds them to the beauty of Christianity, and uses their mouth to speak through to slag off Christianity.7 - The dazzling beauty of Christianity makes them feel embarrassed, so they attack it.8 - Some atheists are gay/ lesbian and wrongly think God hates them, so they 'hit him back' by being atheists.9 - Some atheists are secretly afraid of Satan, so they attack Christianity in the hope he'll like them.10 - Some are witches/ occultists and they hate Christianity because the Bible condemns it.11 - Atheists are insanely jealous because Christians are going to heaven and they're not..
smile.gif

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(MWM;36337)
Anytime the subject of religion is brought up, they just scoff at the idea, and say "idiots....".
Tell them nobody 'invented' Christianity, IT CAME TO US in the solid flesh-and-blood form of Jesus..
smile.gif
He didn't skulk in some underground hideout, he travelled all over Israel for 3 long years in front of the people and the occupying Roman army, that's a lot of eyewitnesses - “I've spoken openly to the world..I said nothing in secret" (John 18:20) And "Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matthew 4:25)

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(MWM;36337)
they say "I pretty much doubt God, and I hate it when anybody talks about him".
Ask them which part of this they hate..
wink.gif
"Love one another, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends,Hungry and you fed me, Thirsty and you gave me drink, A stranger and you took me in, Naked and you clothed me, ill and you tended me,In prison and you visited me.When you did this to others, you did it to me.You're my friends if you follow me, I don't call you servants, I call you friends"- Jesus of Nazareth

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
The central crux of Christianity is that people must LIKE Jesus..
smile.gif
Ask atheists why on earth they don't like him, considering he said and did stuff like this, and see what they say..
wink.gif
Jesus-adultrss.gif
JvFund-1.gif

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
For a variety of reasons -1 - To look 'cool' and 'politically-correct' in front of their mates.2 - Because they were turned off Jesus by something that happened when they were kids, such as parents forcing them to go to church, or having bullying nuns and priest teachers at school, or a harsh fire-and-brimstone aunt or uncle etc, so being an atheist is their silly way of getting their own back.3 - Fear. At the back of every atheists mind is the nagging doubt that Christians may be RIGHT, so by being an atheist and attacking Christianity, they hope to drag others to hell with them so they won't be alone down there..
wink.gif
4 - Terror. The idea of demons and evil spirits terrifies them, so by shouting 'Christianity is a lie!' they're trying to convince themselves Christianity and demons are one big conspiracy theory and myth.5 - Possession. If somebody has a demon, it warps their thought processes and blinds them to the beauty of Christianity, and uses their mouth to speak through to slag off Christianity.7 - The dazzling beauty of Christianity makes them feel embarrassed, so they attack it.8 - Some atheists are gay/ lesbian and wrongly think God hates them, so they 'hit him back' by being atheists.9 - Some atheists are secretly afraid of Satan, so they attack Christianity in the hope he'll like them.10 - Some are witches/ occultists and they hate Christianity because the Bible condemns it.11 - Atheists are insanely jealous because Christians are going to heaven and they're not..
smile.gif

WOW. Really nice points there. I have to remember that!Really, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for making me more knowledgeable in why these people do not share our faith
smile.gif

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
And don't forget Christians must get used to heckling and stuff, just as a dog gets used to the fleas on its back..
smile.gif
I've been heckled for years on boards and forums and it has no effect on me whatever, in fact I even collect their quotes to put into my "Atheist Mentality" articles to give me and my friends a good laugh..
smile.gif
Here are some hilarious examples from an unholy assortment of atheists, nonchristians and phoney christians -Steve H - "Micks a narrow-minded unchristian unqualified know-nothing silly little man and work-shy racist layabout" Cymba - "Micks an unchristian aggressive liar showing no fruits of the spirit"Zeke - "Micks wrong wrong wrong and denies Gods word"Christian Trucker Pat - "Micks proud,arrogant,self-glorifying, uncharitable,offensive,lacking understanding and talking drivel"Linda -"Mick's a silly little Brit"Gloryboundd - "Mick's a senile liar and fool"Elbown - "Mick you put me off Christianity and i'm a Christian"SheriNuwine - "Mick you come across as a pervert,do you like cheeky little minxes who play with dollies?"Sunami - "Mick...the lazy workshy parasite that you are"Papdotcom to me - "You are one crazy s.o.b"Faeshadow to me -"there are no words for the depth of ignorance and depravity that your mindset displays"PeterM quote - "Mick, your posts are so full of BS I await to here you mooing. You are obviously one paranoid individual who has delusions of grandeur, and these are the least of your problems.....You do realise you're a tw*t?" Veritasbellum to me - "..inane drivel, as the majority of your posts are......I pity you but I don't hate you......You put me off Christianity and you are definately a phoney Christian""Toolate quote to me - "Everybody thinks you are an idiot.....atheists don't hate you, just find you laughable........What crimes are you planning now? More race hate?"RomanticHorror to me - "you sick bast**d"CreationFallacy quote to me - "Your posts remind me of local radio stations. Same old boring crap over and over again"ZenAgain to me -"you wander off into drug induced metaphore.......I could tell by your posts that dementia was setting in"PaganSunflower to me -"you have not fooled those on this board with even a shred of intelligence"LanceT quote - "Mick try not to be a pr*ck all your life, eh?"ZaZen quote - "Mick is like horse manure. You either stand in it or are sensible and avoid it."OldyOneCanardly to me - "you are just an ignorant, bigotted, anti- semite with fascist and racist tendencies .....nothing of intelligence to contribute to anything or anybody ...........you big loser in life"Dm2473 quote to me - "The fact that I'm Jewish and you're a Christian has nothing to do with the fact that you are a boorish, small minded, shallow, nincompoop"Junoth quote to me - "What a sick and twisted mind you have! In fact the word "evil" springs to mind when I read your demented claptrap!"Nanacad - Mick is a long time AOL message board w*nker..Donbain - "I've got Mick on filter for one very good reason, his intelligence is too low beneath mine to dignify his lewdness with an answer"Krpzd1 to me - "You really are a prize tit aren't you?" Reverend Eric Potts - "You disgust me Mick"

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
I am going to sum this up.The weak fall,The strong fall,The ones who believe in God get picked up in his grace when they fall,He will always lend you a hand,Pray to God,read the bible,They always help in me growing in faith!Welcome to the board!

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
Luke 17:5-65 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith !" 6 He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.