How to know if you are saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Hi everyone!It's so great to be back ont his forum. I've never really had much time and i've got a sister who's addicted to MSN.I've just got a simple question to ask, How do you know if you are saved?! (I may have asked this question before but i am not entirely sure.) I've heard people saying, they've heard God talking to them or when they got saved they felt a strange sensation coming over them (like goosebumps or like they felt God was there with them at the time). But I've had none of that!I asked Christ into my life at the very start of the year (I made the choice after going to a number of Gospel meetings and my boyfriends parents family were a big influence. They are saved, my boyfriend is not. My parents have noticed a difference in me but i have failed to tell them i am saved). I read and study my bible a lot more than i used to, i talk to God at least once every day. Although ever since then, things have been going downhill. My relationship with my boyfriend, of 3 years, has started to deteriorate (he says he feels like he's not a part of my life anymore. And this has only started to happen since i got saved.)My family do not believe in Christ, and for a while now, my reationship with my dad hasn't been the best. (I haven't really been close to him since i was about 9 or 10. But recently I just can't seem to make him happy.)I also can't seem to control my anger either. (I get angry over really silly things, like when you are getting on the train and someone shoves you out of the way or into the side of the train. Or when ever my parents try to find fault with the bible or Christ.)I know you have probably come across this question a million times before but i really don't have many other christians to talk to about this.Thanks for listening.Sara

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi sara If you have accepted Christ as your savior and repented of your sins you are saved there is no rule No exact same thing happens to all people but you must have faith that now you are a child of his Turn your problems over to himand ask him help you with them and trust that he will. the more you turn these things over to him the more you will start to see things change dont forget to thank him

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
"Or when ever my parents try to find fault with the bible or Christ.)"Something like that should get u a little angry but you should try and control it.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Sara;42166)
How do you know if you are saved?!My parents have noticed a difference in me
Therein lies the answer to your question.(Sara)
Although ever since then, things have been going downhill. My relationship with my boyfriend, of 3 years, has started to deteriorate (he says he feels like he's not a part of my life anymore. And this has only started to happen since i got saved.)
As you stated earlier: "They are saved, my boyfriend is not."Further testimony to your salvation. Your priorities in life have been changing, thus perhaps why he feels that way.Do not worry, simply do your best and allow our loving Father to work in and upon your boyfriends life.(Sara)
My family do not believe in Christ, and for a while now, my reationship with my dad hasn't been the best. (I haven't really been close to him since i was about 9 or 10. But recently I just can't seem to make him happy.)
Family relationships can be tough... I have no advice for you here other than to just do the best that you can do. You can not control his actions, but you can control your own.(Sara)
I also can't seem to control my anger either. (I get angry over really silly things, like when you are getting on the train and someone shoves you out of the way or into the side of the train. Or when ever my parents try to find fault with the bible or Christ.)
2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.James 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.Ephesians 4:26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.I do understand your anger, but you must learn to master it and not allow it to master you.(Sara)
I know you have probably come across this question a million times before but i really don't have many other christians to talk to about this.Thanks for listening.
Anytime. Please feel free as ask anything and speak of anything. I know there are many here more than capable of answering your questions and helping you.In His love,Richard

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(Sara;42166)
Hi everyone!It's so great to be back ont his forum. I've never really had much time and i've got a sister who's addicted to MSN.I've just got a simple question to ask,

How do you know if you are saved?! (I may have asked this question before but i am not entirely sure.) I've heard people saying, they've heard God talking to them or when they got saved they felt a strange sensation coming over them (like goosebumps or like they felt God was there with them at the time). But I've had none of that!
Don't look for strange sensations ect...Scripture says:"Therefore, when you are in Christ, you are a New Creation; the old has gone, the new is here and now!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 Has the old gone? Is the new here? Do you find yourself attracted to God and His ways? Are you convicted of your sins? Do you hunger for God? ----True spiritual rebirth is transforming. We gradually will change, being conformed to the image of Christ, not over night, but, gradually. Though a Christian can backslide, it will be a lasting change, life will be different, and you will never be the same again. Your outlook on life will change. Paul says: we are to be continually transformed by the renewing of our minds Romans 12:2.Paul says: Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, what counts is a new creation.
I asked Christ into my life at the very start of the year (I made the choice after going to a number of Gospel meetings and my boyfriends parents family were a big influence. They are saved, my boyfriend is not. My parents have noticed a difference in me but i have failed to tell them i am saved).
Parents if anyone will notice a difference, this is a good sign.
I read and study my bible a lot more than i used to, i talk to God at least once every day. Although ever since then, things have been going downhill. My relationship with my boyfriend, of 3 years, has started to deteriorate (he says he feels like he's not a part of my life anymore. And this has only started to happen since i got saved.)
Another good sign! Remember the three enemy's, the world, the flesh and the devil. You just worry about walking with the Lord, Let God deal with your boyfriend.
My family do not believe in Christ, and for a while now, my reationship with my dad hasn't been the best. (I haven't really been close to him since i was about 9 or 10. But recently I just can't seem to make him happy.)
You are not responsible to make your Dad happy! Just be You, your Dad loves you no matter how you are. Happiness is a choice, at present, he chooses not to be happy, thats not your doing.
I also can't seem to control my anger either. (I get angry over really silly things, like when you are getting on the train and someone shoves you out of the way or into the side of the train.
Relax, remember, "gradually?"
Or when ever my parents try to find fault with the bible or Christ.)
Well let them try, they will give up eventually.
I know you have probably come across this question a million times before but i really don't have many other christians to talk to about this.Thanks for listening.Sara
You are welcome
smile.gif

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Hey guys,
biggrin.gif
Thanks so much for the great replies. You all are so encouraging.Ever since i have started this thread, things seem to have gone a bit downhill for me.My boyfriend and i have been having more disagreements and I keep doing the same sin, all over again! (When i do sin, i end up feeling guilty afterwards, even if it is something so small!) I ask the Lord to give me the strength to overcome these sins, but the same thing happens day in, day out. But i have managed to control my anger.
smile.gif
So that's 1 hurdle over.:bible:Also, I'm not studying my bible as much either. A christian friend of mine bought me a new study bible, so i'm hoping that should encourage me to study more.I still doubt myself as to whether i am saved or not. When i think of this fact or the fact that i may be falling away from Christ, it worries and scares me, as that is the last thing i want to do. I have eventually told my boyfriend that i am saved, normally he reacts badly to things, so i'm hoping he will understand why i have made this decision.Again,Thanks for listening to my worries and complaints and for your great replies.Sara